[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My constant nightmares are destroying my life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: saddie.png (254 KB, 503x600) Image search: [Google]
saddie.png
254 KB, 503x600
every week, almost every single night I have at least one terrible nightmare. I can't get enough of this, it sometimes has me in a skyscraper trying not to fall, other times is my girlfriend cheating on me, other times I get killed

It is just awful, It ruins my mornings everyday

Does anyone know any way that can help me with this that does not include therapy? Because I'm going to the therapist for a week now, but nothing has really changed yet
>>
someone please I need help
>>
Getting therapy is the only thing that will help you. That said, living healthy will do wonders too. Exercise more and eat healthy. But therapy is important.
>>
>>16985877
>ealthy will do wonders too. Exercise more and eat healthy. But therapy is important.

I exercise 6 days of the week, i regularly have sex, i eat really well and don't take any drugs
my life was great untill this night terror streak got me
>>
>>16985871
Take some melatonin, so the dreams are more vivid, that way when you sleep normally the nightmares seem tame in comparison.
>>
>>16985881
Address the dream
What is the dream trying to tell you.

Your dreams will NEVER tell you to kill yourself, but maybe there's something irl that keeps bugging you, or something that you're frustrated with.
I would go to therapy first, if that doesn't work, learn to lucid dream and ask your dream why it's scaring you.
>>
>>16985896
they are different, but there are ones where my gf cheats on me with my brother, then with my father

and seriously, she is not a cheater, i had never worried about it before, but since the dreams have started i'm feeling more and more paranoic

ps: my brother is fucking 13 and i'm 20
>>
>>16985899
>>16985896
usually in those dreams, after i find out that she cheated on me, i break up with her and feel really free

however in real life i dont really have many reasons to break things up, she is a really nice girl, my subconscious that is just fucked up
>>
>>16985871
Hi Roy.
I rarely recall dreams and wish I experienced more nightmares.
However, I recall a particularly vivid one I experienced on SSRIs in which a disembodied knife sliced my throat. Rather than pain, I remember the sensation of pressure gripping me and warmth flowing down my neck and chest, which I would assume was my blood.

I was able to get over this vivid and frightening experience by acknowledging that dreams are not real and have no bearing on reality.

If you still feel terrible, continue to see your therapist, be receptive and patient.

Hope this helps.
>>
guys i thank you all so much for being nice at this moment, all you can say is helpful right now

i also want to say that my mood was terrific until i started to have the nightmares, it literally changed my vision upon my life

could it be a sign of depression? i've had it in family before, and my mom gets sad really easily
>>
>>16985899
>>16985902
You're not going to like this
But I would talk to your gf

Don't say cheating, but say you feel distant from her in your dreams. And you feel that it started to make you slowly change and become more paranoid.

Maybe she can help you?
The worst thing you can do is bottle it up.
>>
>>16985881
There must've been something that caused it...

Maybe the girl?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.