[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help and i dont know what to do. My 14 year old cousin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: FB_IMG_1459546917624.jpg (25 KB, 480x819) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1459546917624.jpg
25 KB, 480x819
I need help and i dont know what to do. My 14 year old cousin is being cyberbullied. This has been going on for months. The cops and the school arnt doing anything. Need help please!!!!
>>
File: FB_IMG_1459546952418.jpg (28 KB, 480x853) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1459546952418.jpg
28 KB, 480x853
>>
File: FB_IMG_1459546957607.jpg (30 KB, 480x853) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1459546957607.jpg
30 KB, 480x853
>>
File: qJFr0qe.jpg (72 KB, 537x399) Image search: [Google]
qJFr0qe.jpg
72 KB, 537x399
>>
File: FB_IMG_1459546963952.jpg (22 KB, 480x497) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1459546963952.jpg
22 KB, 480x497
This is all the same person by the way. I dont know how to put multiple pics on one post
>>
File: FB_IMG_1459546973856.jpg (21 KB, 480x853) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1459546973856.jpg
21 KB, 480x853
>>
>>16985650
Hi Mable.
As a 25 year old white male, my immediate response would be to call this Mia fellow a coward who can only talk big on her phone.
In the event she actually physically confronted me, I'd beat her severely.

That said, I sense this is an option you aren't willing to explore.

I suggest you go to a senior figure in your cousins school with a very clear description of these events, the threats your cousin has experienced, and be persistent in explaining any undue anxiety this had caused them.

Hope this helps.
>>
>>16985650
Does your cousin know who they are?

I remember being cyberbullied as a teen. It's hard because you just get tunnel-visioned and paranoid. Can't walk away from the creen because you don't know who it is. Could be your friend, someone you thought you were close to. Could be more than one person, then I have to go to school and possibly see them. Made me paranoid as hell. I cried every day until it got close enough to graduating, I went to an alternative school and graduated a semester early.

I'd say, if she knows who it is, I'd fucking beat them up or threaten them intensely. Maybe that's just me having a personal vendetta for this kind of shit. I still don't know who bullied me. It's been like ten years since I was bullied online. I'd still beat the crap out of whoever it was given the chance.

The best thing I ever did was just have a breaking point and delete all my accounts. They feed off her response. Don't give it to them. They eventually stop.
>>
>>16985650
That kid would get his ass beat if he went to school with us!
>>
We dont know whos doing this. We told the school and they said they cant do anything
>>
>>16985650
>The cops and the school arnt doing anything.
Neither is this person. They're just wasting their time with empty threats, and they love that your family is getting butthurt over this instead of just treating it like it is: a dumb, bored kid that's too scared to actually do anything. You react, they're entertained for days.

Also, if this person is getting into your cousin's accounts so easily, they're probably being a bit stupid with their security. If they're just saying that they're in the account, and that they're "uber l33t hackorz" then it's the equivalent of a 14 year old /b/ 'tard wearing a Guy Fawkes mask. They have no idea what they're talking about.
>>
>>16985678
Because they can't, unfortunately. It happened off school grounds, it's not their responsibility. The moment it gets directly threatening, go to the police. Screen capture everything.

Do you know if your cousin had any recent falling outs with people at school? It's probably these shitty kids.

On the defensive end, just do what you can to make your cousin safe. Picking her up from school, walking her home. Encourage her. Let her know that you know and that she knows that these people doing this are just little shit cowards.
>>
I dont think she had a falling out with anyone. There all nice to her face. Its getting so bad that the local news station did a report on it
>>
>>16985702
That's terrible and I feel for her so much. I have been on the receiving end of cunty teenage girls. Is switching schools an option?

I'd say to just stop responding. At the very least, not responding will make the online threats stop. Hopefully, it may make the bullies come forward in person if they can't "get to her" through phone or instagram. More can be done if they are bullying her in person, at least.
>>
I dont think she had a falling out with anyone. There all nice to her face. Its getting so bad that the local news station did a report on it. She being home schooled now. But now there texting her from a text app
>>
And thank u to everyone who replied. Everything was very helpful
>>
>>16985681
This. They're being little pricks and love the attention. Take the attention away from them and they get bored. If you feed them, they'll keep coming. Also as that anon suggested, up your security and reset passwords. Most phones now can block numbers, so just do that or get the phone company to do it.
>>
Karin Bray if there security is weak do u think that there is a way to trace it back to find out who the person is?
>>
Adam Colon can they block numbers from text apps?
>>
>>16985659
At this point the police can get involved. Depending on where you live though, in Australia 'cyber crime' is very punishable so just some authorities involved because there are death threats there man
>>
Update. Two people were involved. They were both cought. The police recived an anonymous email with detials about who was doing it. It was a 13 year old girl and a 14 year old boy. Thanks to all who helped me. I still have no idea how or who sent the email but i am very thankful.
>>
>>16986233
I love shit like this. It instantly revives my hope in humanity
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.