[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Low income families and how it effects kids
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Im sorry for the long winded whining and coming across like im literally begging for money when I know others have it worse or cant even afford some of the things I takw for granted. Bit I just feel down about this and needed somewhere to talk about it. Os thanks. i have been 19 for 3 weeks and have cried twice already. Im from Southampton uk ans in a third year of catering college. So has anyone ever just lost it and broke dowm because they cant afford to go on holiday with all of their friends. This one friend now has a job so hes back to spending money on just about everything. And he always want to go out and spend money on restaurants and clubbing on holiday instead of staying on site doing activities the place we would be staying offers like saunas and pools and clubhouses and a full self catering kitchen. We are both professional chefs and he always wants to eat out and never cook there. My problem was that I could afford to go and stay on the site for the week and go our maybe twice for a trip bit it's hard to not burst into tears when everyone else is spending money and having a good time not worrying about it and im sat in the corner counting change hoping I could join in for a while. But its really sad to think now im not going with literally all my friends on what was going to be the last time we would all see eachother for about a year and a bit
>>
>>16985579
first of all, grow the fuck up.

if all you want to do is go and eat out and g clubbing and shit, then sell your body, sell drugs, and acquire easy money to do so since it seems thats all you care about.

work hard, be patient, and then live within your means. your time will come, and you must work towards it. you do realize youre crying because you want to go out clubbing but you cant? think how stupid that is.

go once to see how you like it. it fucking sucks. nothing special. i understand youre young, but later in life you'll look back and think how stupid everything you said is
>>
>>16985579
Such is life, anon.

I feel you. I grew up in a nicer suburb because we were so poor that my mom had to have us live with her parents who were wealthy. So I had all these wealthy, and at the very least, upper middle class, friends.

Started going on cruises when they were 16, paid for by mommy and daddy. Had cars the moment they turned 16.

And when we turned into adults, their parents still pay their rent and bills, so even if they were employed, their entire paycheck was disposable since they have no responsibilities.

Shit, I'm employed and have a decent job, but I still have to plan my check carefully. I'm only 23. Going out to eat once per paycheck can totally throw me off financially. I live in California, and the fun thing people my age do, is get paid and go straight to Las Vegas. They gamble hundreds of dollars. Drink expensive drinks. I wonder, "How the fuck do they do that?" But then I realize they were cradled and princess'd by their parents. So, it gives me solace.

All I can say is hard work will build you, not break you.
>>
Thanks will for the adice that's the case with my friends too. I have one wo has a real rags to riches as is adopted parents are really really rich and he just wishes he could get his inheritance already but kristi, I'm always the one who doesn't want to o clubing and just I back at campmnd enjoy the provided entertainment and maybe a nice book. I have no desire or interest in clubbing i s my best friend who always tries to pull me o o when I don't have moneymoney
>>
>>16985629
then fuck your stupid friend

wtf do you care if she wants to go clubbing when you dont. tell her o go enjoy herself
>>
>>16985629
Yea, I have lost contact with most of my extremely materialistic friends who constantly invited me to expensive events that I just couldn't do. They didn't want to be seen at a local, cheap restaurant with me. They want to go out and party. I don't.

Most of my friends from this area are still wealthy and cared for by parents. But there is a difference from the extreme materialism and my new friends. My friends now, they work, but they help their parents with bills. They obviously care and respect their parents and are grateful. They're not wasting their paychecks on useless shit. And with that, at least I can know they are humble, grateful and understand their parent's caring for them is a limited time deal.
>>
You're seriously whining about not being able to go clubbing are you fucking kidding me?
Be grateful you at least have a place to stay and food to eat, not being able to go out clubbing doesn't mean you are struggling you spoiled child.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.