[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Social anxiety? Need halp with wimminz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Green-Front-Page.jpg (510 KB, 1000x672) Image search: [Google]
Green-Front-Page.jpg
510 KB, 1000x672
Effectively, I've been a hermit my whole life and I think I have social anxiety disorder - never been officially diagnosed. I was bullied in high school, not that that's special. I even spend a lot of time with self-improvement. I tried pick up (the seduction stuff) like 7 years ago. I am currently 25 years old. I lost my virginity and got a few lays back in college but it felt emotionally difficult.

The sad thing is I am good looking (honestly), have good body language, am fit, have a solid job and it just doesn't work. I have HUGE resistance when it comes to going out and even when I am at a venue, I am so in my head and feel overwhelmed by the environment to the point where I just do nothing. I can talk and hold conversations but only if there is a "purpose" like say it's related to work. I'm just so caught up in my head with my own personal narcissistic self-dialogue. It's been like 3-4 years since I last got laid. All I do is fap and be emotional. From an outside standpoint, I seem somewhat if mostly fine. I get women attention easily and maintain eye contact with them until they break. When I’m out of my head, I can be money with women.

Anyone else know these feels? I know logically and rationally what needs to be done - I need to just go out and socialize in general. However, I am met with enormous resistance to even doing so.
>>
>>16985564
Stop fapping
>>
>>16985587
Yeah you've got more problems than fapping but it's definitely a great start to quit .
>>
>>16985594
like what?
>>
>>16985564

The only thing you can do when you have social anxiety is force yourself out of your comfort zone. By repeatedly stepping out, you'll retrain your brain into thinking that it's completely harmless. But it does require time and effort.

I didn't get my first job, or first car, until I was in my mid 20s. If someone would knock on the door while I was home alone, or if the phone would ring, I would have a panic attack, try to hide, and cry. But part of that was due to PTSD and an abusive childhood. Aside from my husband, who was very patient with me, I had never really been close to anyone outside of family. I felt bad that I had to rely on him and thoughts of suicide entered my mind. Instead of giving in, I went outside. I started making myself interact with people by doing baby steps. Sometimes I was really fucking awkward, or the person was hateful, but I couldn't let that get to me. I finally got a job, then my own car, and now I'm actually making friends.

Point is, you need to find something to give you motivation. I have my family. Think about what matters to you and where you'd like to be in the next 10 years: Whether it's waking up to two pretty faces, having a wife and children, or just wanting a few close friends, everything good in life requires effort.
>>
>>16985609
>>16985609
Bullies are weak people who target other weak people to affirm that they are themselves strong .
"Real gangsta ass playas don't flex, cause real ass playas know they got 'em,"

On top of struggling to form emotional bonds , clearly something fucked up happened during your childhood . I'm guessing you had a shit relationship with one of your parents , which is not really your fault but it's the hand you got dealt . Quitting fapping will help you "awake" and ground your senses , but if you really wanna change you have to look at what is the root of the problem , not what you should do like socialize more .
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.