[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My sister is a woman-child, but how can I help her before she
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1430362583779.gif (994 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
1430362583779.gif
994 KB, 500x279
My sister is a woman-child, but how can I help her before she crashes and burns?

>she's 24
>she has a decent job (gets paid like 1600 per month)
>spends all her money on boy band stuff
>grandparents gave her an extra car
>she destroyed it by never checking the oil and maintaining it so it broke down
>she used to live with my mom, but she'd never clean the house, literal roaches, mold, etc.

>my mom lost her job, can't afford rent anymore
>tells sister that she can pay for the apartment (sister actually can make the payment but will be fairly broke after)
>or she can find roommate or her own place
>sister literally tantrums and resents mother for this

>i offered sister help on maintaining the car but she said that "if it costs money, she won't do it"
>this is why her car broke down

Basically, she never wants to spend her money on necessities because she thinks my mom or grandparents are supposed to pay for them. Any time she is confronted about this, she cries and ignores us.

I want to help her, but is there any other way to let her let us help? Do I just have to watch her crash and burn?
>>
Your mom's gonna have to put her out, and you all have to let her hit hardships. She's 24, she can be a grownup.
>>
>>16985340
Yea, my mom already broke this news to her. But my sister seems to be deluding herself from the issue and ignoring the fact that anything is wrong.

My dad is attempting to offer help as well. But my sister hasn't talked to him in 9 years, also from another stubborn tantrum she had with him as a teen. Like, she's digging the hole further and it's just annoying and also saddening to see.
>>
>>16985325
There's no way for you to make her see unless she wants to see. Only solution is for your mom to be adamant, and if she doesn't pay then she gets kicked out. Same with the car, only solution is for her to not be given another car. you can offer to buy the car off her for a fair price and fix it for yourself though, giving her a little extra cash to buy a shitter car for herself.
>>
>>16985325
She has to recognize the hardships of life and realize that she can't blow all her money on useless shit if she wants to live.
>>
Sounds like mental illness to me. Before abandoning her, you should make her go see a professional.
>>
>>16985325
>1600 per month
that's pretty bad though
>>
>>16985710
enough to live
>>
>>16985721
to live live in the streets
>>
>>16985325
Which boy band?

N*sync or Backstreet Boys?
>>
>>16985722
She can rent a room for like 400 bucks in my area. It's not ideal but it's the hand she's been dealt.

>>16985739
Kpop shit, fuck if I know.
>>
>>16985325
>1600/month
>decent

Bro I can make that working part time at walmart. you cant live by yourself
>>
>>16985743
>400 bucks
>enough for a room
do you live in south america or something?
>>
>>16985751
No, in southern california. I've seen ads for room rentals. Meaning, renting a room from someone who owns a home or apartment. Not renting an actual apartment.
>>
>>16985748
Dude, I make less than my sister and rent a room and still live with a roof over my head. I just make it work and live to the bare minimum pretty much. I don't waste my money on Kpop memorabilia or anything really, other than survival. Basically. rent, gas, food.
>>
>>16985769
I call bull. Southern California is VERY expensive to live. Even in the worst areasthe cheapest would be $900/ month.
>>
>>16985777
Depends on where, the house, etc. The highest I saw was 800.

I just typed into craiglist and over 150 listings under 500 dollars popped up.
>>
>>16985791
>craigslist

You gone get scammed!
>>
>>16985795
That's how I found my room. If I did it in So-Cal. My sister can too. Stop giving reason to cradle my woman child of a sister. This is my older sister too, god damn it.

I only pay 350 per month for my room. Been here for two years now. I'm satisfied and don't even live with creepy people.
>>
>>16985776
you must not live in a big metropolitian area. Rent alone is like 1000 dollars for like a 3 bed room apt.

Thats before the 1000 a year in car insurance and buying groceries.
>>
>>16985844
I skillfully map my income.

I live in a suburb. The guy I rent from flips houses then rents them.

I pay for my car insurance a year in advance with my tax return money. I spend about 30 a week on groceries and don't eat out. I buy all my college textbooks on amazon or thrift book store sites. I saved up for a gas saving car to get around. I live down the street from my college and about 4 miles from work.

What's left goes into my savings. It's not a pretty life, but it's what I do while I go to college.
>>
can't you sister learn a useful skill so she can make more money to buy stupid shit with?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.