[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Studying + Weed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: download (16).jpg (18 KB, 500x299) Image search: [Google]
download (16).jpg
18 KB, 500x299
Generally a fairly experienced casual smoker, but never smoked after studying.

Currently studying for an upcoming Stats exam. About to finish a study session and am feeling really drained - cannot concentrate any more.

I plan on smoking half a joint just to unwind before going to sleep. It is late, so going for relaxing walk is not an option.
This would be a one-time thing, not something regular.

>Does smoking (a small dose) of weed (skunk) influence your ability to retain the things you just learned?
>>
IIRC, any type of chemical effect on your brain while it's trying to process and cement memories links those two together. That makes later recall associated with that chemical and it's more difficult to remember the information without it. So unless you plan on smoking before or during your exam as well, I wouldn't advise smoking now.
>>
>>16985252
Does it affect my ability to retain information acquired earlier in the day? No.

Does it negatively affect my ability to retain after smoking? Yes.

Will it affect you the same way that it does me? Won't know tell you give it a go.

I'd smoke the full J unless you're trying to conserve.
>>
>>16985268
I have studied some psychopharmacology at uni and according to my knowledge, associations (conditioning) does not happen from that quickly (smoking once) and so little (half a joint).
So that is not something I would be concerned about.

Have you tried smoking after studying before?

>>16985279
Studying while high is not possible, that I have tried. That is why I would do it after studying and before sleeping, so there is no important sensory input smoking.

Furthermore it is only half a joint (I just want to finish it - skunk smells when half smoked). Normally I'd go for a walk, but I cannot do that atm.
>>
>>16985335
It is more about whether I'd need to 'restudy' what I just did the next day or not.
>>
Where are the stoners at?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.