[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any military or post military anons? I have a question. About
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_nn2ff1Pu8u1titub2o1_540.jpg (43 KB, 515x496) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn2ff1Pu8u1titub2o1_540.jpg
43 KB, 515x496
Any military or post military anons?

I have a question. About 2 years back I tried joining the military and mentioned to the recruiter that I experienced depression as a child along with suicidal thoughts, not to the point where I needed professional help, but that prompted the recruiter to ask me to get a psychiatric evaluation just to make sure everything was fine before continuing with recruiting me. I was convinced to give college a shot by my parents, so I ended up not going through with the recruitment process. I'm wondering if there is still an opportunity for me to join the armed forces? They did take my SSN at the time I went to the recruitment office.
>>
>>16985206

nope. the military refuses to take people after your situation. you are fucked OP. wow what a dumb question. whjy would they take you
>>
If it was documented you may be fucked, if it wasn't then you still can. This time be smarter and when they ask about your medical and psych history just say no to everything. They only know what you tell them or what shows up in a physical.
>>
You have two options, if you're serious.

Your first option is to go to another recruiter or branch and deny it. This may put you at risk for fraudulent enlistment and getting kicked, or punished I believe.

Your second option is to be honest, get a psychological evaluation and a letter of good health, and go through with the process.

If there's no record of this happening, then you have a better chance. Think carefully about this. Especially if you go into a combat MOS. If you've ever had suicidal thoughts, the military won't help with that. At least not for the first week or two.
>>
>>16985206
Wow whoever made that Pepe meme didn't even use the time-correct M-16.

Absolutely disgusting!
>>
>>16985206
If the US army is off limits maybe join the foreign legion.
>>
They denied me for taking ADHD meds as a kid and not getting taken off of them even though I never took them. I even got undiagnosed with ADHD. Still wouldnt take me. Tried to go to another branch and station. Got told to fuck off.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.