[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Contacts lenses vs glasses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (99 KB, 440x248) Image search: [Google]
image.png
99 KB, 440x248
Hey everyone.
I want to get contacts because glasses are becoming a hassle for me.

For those of you who use contact lenses, did you go to a local optometrist, or one of those "big" companies like LensCrafters, Visionworks, etc.
Which is cheaper? Higher quality, pros and cons, etc.

Thanks guys
>>
>>16985054
Well if glasses are a hassle, contacts are gonna be a bigger hassle for you.
>>
>>16985063
The only other option would be laser eye surgery lel
I guess I can have both, it wouldn't hurt.
>>
>>16985054
I buy from 1800 contacts online but keep a pair of warby parkers
>>16985063
This, glasses are way less annoying. Especially if you have astigmatism. They love to rotate improperly. You will get laid more, but you end up wasting pairs if you don't plan ahead and it's always awkward to go to the bathroom and take them out.

Best way to do it. is keep fluid in the contact case ready to go, take them out and put it in the fluid filled compartments. Screw the lids on and shake. It's all you can do when you don't have fluid. Works best after you're done, just tell her you'll be right back.
>>
>>16985054

you cant really commit to wearing only contacts. thats how you end up with a glass eye in 30 years.

contacts are for out and about. glasses are for at home in your leisure.

your eyes gotta breathe.
>>
>>16985071
>>16985074
Thanks guys.
Did you go to a local optometrist or the big box stores?
>>
>>16985077
Lenscrafters isn't associated with their in house doctors. It isn't the same company. My doctor operates in a lenscrafters. I go according to my vision insurance.
>>
>>16985077

i ordered mine through an optometrist but im near sighted, so i just stuck with glasses after my first set tbqh familia
>>
>>16985091
>>16985080

Sorry I should clarify, i meant for the doctor's appointment
>>
>>16985054
>I want to get contacts because glasses are becoming a hassle for me.
Er, what? Contacts are a much bigger hassle in every way, and people generally have one of 3 reasons to put up with them:
>1: Better vision. Contacts really do provide superior vision than any pair of glasses can in many cases, such as mine (-5.00d and 2.00cyl both eyes). Also side benefits like clear peripheral vision, less eyestrain, etc.
>2: Social reasons (ie or someone important to you thinks you look better in contacts than glasses)
>3: Functional reasons: eg you need to work with equipment/gear that doesn't accommodate glasses

As for logistics, go to your optometrist the first time and whenever you have problems, buy them online in between (it's cheaper).

>>16985074
>you cant really commit to wearing only contacts. thats how you end up with a glass eye in 30 years.
>contacts are for out and about. glasses are for at home in your leisure.
>your eyes gotta breathe.
The state of the art has changed in the past, oh, 30 years.
>>
>>16985054
Do you have insurance that covers optical? If so, see what the price would be like at your personal doctor that takes your insurance, and just compare prices.

Mine came out to be about the same price. I trust my own eye doctor a bit more, so I just go through them.
>>
I started with a chain store. All I got was a prescription because I shopped around and ordered online (and still do). You can call around and ask how much the optometrists charge for exams and fittings too.

There's really not much to it on the prescription and ordering end. Pretty standard exam, you get a test pair to try out and if it's all good then you order. I wear two week disposables but some people prefer dailies.
>>
>>16985190
It should, yes.

>>16985193
Might try this too. Thanks
>>
>>16985054
I just started wearing lenses 2 weeks ago. Went to the local optometrist, he checked my vision and recommended me some monthly lenses.

Monthly lenses you have to take care of daily, but they are a lot cheaper than dailies.

Apparently there are some monthly lenses that you can sleep with, but my optometrist said that you should first get used to wearing them for long hours (12-16 hours / day) before you try sleeping with them. I've yet to try that since I just started using them for long hours.

All in all I'd say lenses are a lot more comfortable than glasses, especially because of the wider field of vision and rain and such doesn't bother you.
>>
Local. Do not buy the cheapest ones have some that allow your eyes to breathe. Wear glasses when you are not going out.
>>
>>16985077
>Did you go to a local optometrist or the big box stores?

Always go to a private doctor.

I tried the big box stores and the exam was really simple and fast---about half the time of a real optometrist.

And their frames were pitiful----like the cheapest pieces of shit ever!
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 260x234) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 260x234
What in the fuck is going on in this thread with all these registered users?
>>
>>16985054
Optometrist, though you can probably get them for cheaper without insurance. It's only like $80 bucks for over a year's supply (if you use them correctly. They tell you to change them every two weeks but can last a month or more). I hate glasses for many reasons and only wear them in emergencies.
>>
>>16985054
glasses can be sexy
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.