[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girl, new to dating If the guy insists on paying should I be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: d300-123-6379-orton-wp.jpg (60 KB, 313x471) Image search: [Google]
d300-123-6379-orton-wp.jpg
60 KB, 313x471
Girl, new to dating

If the guy insists on paying should I be protesting or not? I go on dates fully prepared to pay for whatever I purchase, just like when I go out with friends. It feels weird and unnecessary to be treated, especially when I've just met the guy.

What's the appropriate response?
>>
If he insists, go with the flow. If he asks, be honest about what you'd prefer.
>>
>>16984978

the appropriate response is called the 'shuffle' (i might have gotten the name wrong).

its basically where the check comes, and you reach for it, and he reaches for it, and pays for it before you have a chance, and you give him a hard time, and he says something sweet about paying for a pretty lady.

then you use the money that you would have spent on dinner to do something afterward (like dessert, or a cab back to one of your places, or a drink or two or whatever).

some guys are surprisingly turned on by girls who go dutch though. my best friend was seeing a girl earlier this year and he would not stop bragging about how she insists on paying for her half of everything.
>>
You offer to pay, if he insists you let him. If you fight him over it, you're pretty much fighting for dominance and it won't go well.
>>
>>16984978
Turn down a free meal?

Are you insane?
>>
Protest once, but if he insists just let him do it. Just like any social scenario.
>>
>>16985026

raep
>>
>>16985009
Poorfag detected. Want me to mail you some food coupons?
>>
>>16985031
stupid fag detected
how could a poor fag afford to send you money
>>
>>16985030
Oh you.
>>
>>16985037
What? Perhaps you're too much of a moron to understand that I was offering to send the poorfag some food coupons.

Lol, and you even call someone else stupid.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.