[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was involved in a car accident and am currently scared of driving.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_mzwzh07bg91qae2tgo1_500.png (431 KB, 500x695) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mzwzh07bg91qae2tgo1_500.png
431 KB, 500x695
I was involved in a car accident and am currently scared of driving. I called out of work yesterday but am shaking at the thought of working today. My employer has a policy of not calling out more than once as a new hire. Should I accept termination to stay home?
>>
File: hotroddog.jpg (32 KB, 230x317) Image search: [Google]
hotroddog.jpg
32 KB, 230x317
>>16984948
You're going to have to get behind the wheel again someday, anon. You're also probably going to be kicking yourself if you let this job go so easily. Be brave! Be careful! Use what you've learned from being in the accident to do better in the future. It can make you a better driver, if you let it.
>>
>>16984961
Thank you. Will try to go to work at least and see if they'll let me go early.
>>
>>16984974
>let me go early
Do you mean go home early this evening? Any reason?
>>
>>16984982
They can let you go early without any penalty after half a shift. Which is basically 4 hours.

God, I'm shaking so bad thinking about the drive. I wish called out today
>>
>>16984982
Also, it's because there's drunks on the road and I'm generally not aware of hazards in the dark. Also, I feel like shit right now.
>>
File: transformersnotwhatyouthink.gif (2 MB, 308x244) Image search: [Google]
transformersnotwhatyouthink.gif
2 MB, 308x244
You'll do fine if you remember to take it nice and easy. Don't rush at stop lights. Stay in the slow lane if you need to, even if you get behind someone going slower than the speed limit. Cars are opportunity makers, allowing you to travel much farther and more efficiently than walking. You need to reclaim that confidence to pilot this thing, anon!
>>
File: dog races.gif (2 MB, 450x184) Image search: [Google]
dog races.gif
2 MB, 450x184
If you have time before your shift begins, it wouldn't be a bad idea to take a drive around your neighborhood to loosen up your nerves on a familiar, safe stretch of pavement. Once you get that cruisin' feeling back, your courage won't be far behind.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.