[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boyfriend Material
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: 1447557810669.jpg (17 KB, 350x277) Image search: [Google]
1447557810669.jpg
17 KB, 350x277
So this question is mainly for girls around 18-23 years old, what type of features do you want in a boyfriend? I'm not asking for your dream guy but like if you were to want a relationship with a guy what would you generally want?
>>
Asking a question to the 0.001%
>>
>>16984824
They don't know. Just be somewhat socially valuable and maintain good hygeine. Be working toward your future but have some creativity.

In other words be a functional human.
>>
hey i like guys that don't take themselves too serious and can make jokes about themselves.. nothing turns me off more that ppl who can only make jokes about others, he shouldn't act like he's superior or smarter, he should be loving and affectionate. I want to feel loved that's the most important. Shouldn't be cold towards me since i like to show how much i care about my bf and always tell him what i like about him
>>
>>16984867
You know it's a chick because she can't use proper grammar and comes off as insecure in one post.
>>
>>16984877

You know it's a dick because he assumes my grammar is bad because i'm a chick and not because english isn't my native language and comes off as an idiot because he makes assumptions about me because of said post.
>>
>>16984863
Socially valuablet? Can you explain that a little deeper
>>
>>16984877
You know its a lame beta virgin, because he becomes rude over a simple post from a female
>>
>>16984877
Also, I'm pretty sure she doesn't want any of that; she just wants a Chad like the rest.
>>
11/10 Chad Thundercock with a 14" thundercock that shits thunder
>>
>>16984881
That's not how coming off as a dick works. It's how coming off as logical does.

Now if I were to make fun of your third world country, that would be being a dick.
>>
>>16984885
It means having friends and being popular. Because other people's approval of a man is more important than her own,
>>
>>16984889

indeed. pimples, glasses and fat included.
>>
>>16984885
Means that other people like you. Other people like to hang out with you.
>>16984889
That's a big leap in thought followed by some buzzwords. I have a date tonight actually.
>>16984890
Chad is exactly that. In fact, many girls are too insecure for Chad like >>16984867, she needs a guy to put himself down so she can say he's good enough for her. That's a massively insecure mindset.
>>
>>16984901
Indeedidly. 'n. alasly. m'lady.

I. hath. both. attractive. and. charismatic. traits.
>>
>>16984903
Who said lame pimply nerds can't get sympathy dates?
>>
>>16984916
If you would like me to play this rhetoric then you definiately aren't attractive enough to date me. You're skinny and fat in all the wrong places. Your eyebrows look all kinds of messed up. You shop too much at poverty stores like forever 21 and kohls. You have lmao no cheekbones. Come back when you have thigh gap, some style, and a new face.
>>
>>16984899
>>16984903
See I thought that was the answer my issue here is I am not outgoing and I don't speak to alot of people I want to train myself to be more social and outgoing but how can I do it how can I get more social and suck up my fears and insecurites
>>
I'm 34 years old, most of my friends are in that age range. I have a sister who is ten years younger than me so I end up hanging out with a lot of her early 20-something friends as well. In my experience, the girls you're talking about don't have any idea who they are, much less what they want. They're still figuring shit out. Boyfriends tend to be whoever was closest and treats them well while being enough of a man to not essentially be the gay best friend. Its that simple: you're close, you're familiar, you're stable, she'll fuck you until you get married, she decides this isn't what she wants, or shit blows up.

Honestly, I think the 18-23 crowd is best for casual, friends-with-benefits kinds of relationships. My wife and I have a few and it works out fine for fun, but you don't really want to be jumping into a relationship with someone who doesn't have their shit together.
>>
>>16984924
Awe, someone is mad. Try again, pimply fag.
>>
>>16984926
Get rid of insecurities by getting rid of them. Lift weights, dress better, get better haircuts, do your cardio. Get good grades.

Watch stand up comedians and learn the art of storytelling to make funny conversation. Watch charismatic movie characters and learn from them. Find some cool people to hang out with. Banter verbally.

When you can present yourself proudly you won't be thinking about any of your faults.

When I started trying to be better socially I began by imagining myself as the main character of a book or movie. Nothing bad can happen to that guy.

Also, once you start bettering your body and style middle aged women will start complimenting you regularly and 5/10 girls will start having crushes on you. That's a confidence boost.

If you have any class groups, ask if they want to go hot the bars together.
>>
I'm a lesbian and I want a girlfriend
>>
>>16984930
No means no, stop talking to me.
>>
>>16984929
Ok so I liked what you said but can you go a little deeper and explain the act manly enough to not be the gay best friend thing
>>
>>16984932
>Get rid of insecurities by getting rid of them

You can also own them instead of fearing them. For years I was anxious about my weird sense of humor, my loudness, my oppositional attitude. Fuck it. Its who I am and it ends up being a damn good means of filtering out people worth spending time on. More importantly, being confident in who you actually are is significantly more attractive than being confident in who you're pretending to be.
>>
>>16984824
The most important things to me are intelligence and curiosity. I want someone I can talk to for days, a fairly knowledgeable person who likes to spend a lot of time talking with me about the most random shit. I want someone I never get bored with.
I like people who don't cause drama - self awareness, maturity, honesty are some of the things I dig more. I want to be with someone who is empathetic, but not overly sensitive. I want someone that can talk about his feelings and explain to me what I did wrong, if he's upset at me. I don't like people who are not in control of themselves or their life. I want to date a funny guy. Not jealous or full of trust issues because I can't deal with that shit. I want someone who is kind, caring, loving but not a doormat.
I want to be respected, and be with someone who respects himself.

When it comes to the looks, if you're interested in that too - taller than me, healthy body, not deformed face and with a good hygiene. I also want someone who takes good care of himself in terms of hair, clothes, etc.
>>
>>16984942
I've never been afraid of that kind of thing.

My philosophy socially my entire life has been that people have to prove themselves to me, not the other way around.
>>
>>16984934
But that big ass zit on your forehead keeps whispering love poems to me. ):
>>
>>16984946
You know, you should go to the doctor since you're both seeing things and hearing voices.
>>
>>16984938
A lot of guys treat girls like they're princesses. They change their opinions, they change the way they speak, they pretend to care about things, they get fake. When you look closely, what they're doing is acting the way they think they need to act to get a girl to like them, but what they're really achieving is making themselves seem like good friend material. Thats how you become the gay best friend, thats the "friend zone" bullshit people wine about so much here, its making yourself someone they don't see sexually.

I treat women the same way I treat my male friends: we argue, joke, bust balls. You'd be amazed how often that gets you laid. Hell, I accidentally had a threesome last month because of it (being married is awesome if you find the right woman and still have game).
>>
>>16984824
Not an anime fanboy.
>>
File: 1446505375127.jpg (22 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
1446505375127.jpg
22 KB, 460x288
>>16984943
hey bby ;)
>>
>>16984979
Kek. Gross.
>>
I wanted someone who is going to be my life partner. Someone loyal, honest, open, trusting, trustworthy, and an excellent communicator. Someone who is basically the masculine, male version of myself in the sense that we share interests, goals, beliefs, morals, temperaments and so on.
>>
>>16985007
>butthurt pimply nerd strikes again
>>
>>16984898
Logical... You did not infer anything. You assumed she was a girl, for almost no reason. Being logical here it's assuming it's a fat, white male. Dick.
>>
>>16984926
I had the same problem til I decided to try and change last year. I started simple, just smiling and engagin in conversations with people i didnt really know at college. At first it was hard and I was always worrying about what the others might think of me n stuff, but it slowly became easier and now it's just natural. I dont really have many friends but I can talk to people without feeling nervous/insecure
>>
>>16985115
Simmer down.
>>
-Empathetic
-Understanding, even when we disagree
-Loving, shows affection often
-Snuggles (he has to like snuggles)
-Initiates sex at least three times a week
-Good in bed, satisfies me and wants me to cum
-Not overly insecure, not narcissistic
-No current mental health problems or addictions
-Handsome, taller than me
-Good body for snuggles no skelly please
-Has a vision, wants to DO something (it can be anything, just has to have drive)
-Active, does new things
-Loyal, honest, straightforward
-Has to be able to just entertain an idea without immediately dismissing it/agreeing with it, able to have a discussion where we talk about a viewpoint we disagree with
-Curious, wants to learn more
-Self-aware
>>
>>16984968
>A lot of guys treat girls like they're princesses. They change their opinions, they change the way they speak, they pretend to care about things, they get fake. When you look closely, what they're doing is acting the way they think they need to act to get a girl to like them, but what they're really achieving is making themselves seem like good friend material. Thats how you become the gay best friend, thats the "friend zone" bullshit people wine about so much here, its making yourself someone they don't see sexually.
Actually I have to disagree, i know multiple marriages that started with the guy changing everything about himself and being someone totally different and successfully fooling the girl. None of them were remotely successful in the long run: i only found out about how they started by being curious about how such awful relationships even got off the ground.
>>
>>16985360
Does depression count as a mental health problem?

Also. Can you please give me a description of yourself and your hobbies? I want to know where to find people who would like me.

(Different anon here)
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.