[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Relationship breaks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 3457.jpg (14 KB, 208x221) Image search: [Google]
3457.jpg
14 KB, 208x221
gf wants a break from our 8 month relationship, considering just ending it. I dont believe in breaks but im curious if anyone on here had a break work for them.
>>
>>16983809
Breaks are just the cowards way of breaking up. That's a shitty thing of her to do. Dump her.
>>
It IS possible that she's just incapable of breaking up with someone and will lose interest, but there's value in taking time to yourself in the relationship. Depends on her maturity level and how the relationship looked.
>>
>>16983809
I had a break from a past gf once, it was her idea.
We carried on dating and fucking, so honestly I didn't even notice we were on break.
Then about 6 months down the line she got all pissy with me because "I hadn't asked her back out from our break."
>>
>>16983809
She's just trying to phase you out.

End it
>>
Happened yesterday with my gf. We both agreed on a 3 week break just so we focus on ourselves because we've been arguing a lot lately. I dont know OP it depends on the relationship çause sometimes.you need time off for yourself but 8 months is toouch in my opinion.
>>
>>16983872
Poor sap
You know she's hooking up with another guy right??
>>
>>16983809
Time apart works, breaks don't; you're still in a relationship if you ask to be alone for a while, but not with a break.
>>
>>16983917
This.
Girls don't suggest breaks unless they specifically want to hook up sexually with someone else.

Otherwise it would just be "he can we have some space for a few days" not "let's take an (indefinite) break"

That's basically saying "I want to break up but I want to still have you as an option if I regret it".
Don't let her pull that shit.
End it now. Break up with her.
>>
>>16983809
taking a break 8 months in? she's literally saying, I wanna fuck this dude I just met with no strings attached and possibly date him. but if that doesn't workout i'd like you to wait around just in case
>>
>>16983809
Yep worked for me I was fucking another chick within 3 days & she was everything the last one wasn't, eat cum, dildos, public places etc. I do regret I didn't have a good cam on my phone
>>
>>16983948
you sound like someone who no one would care if he died. Yeah one of those people.
>>
>>16983902
Lol she just sent me a message that she misses me and she doesnt want a break. So much for alone time
>>
>>16983967
Wow, that was quick.
The other guy must have had a really small dick
>>
Breaks kill telationships dead, every time, no exceptions. It is not unheard of for people to suggest a break with honest intentions, but it barely even matters: the results are always the same.

Do not accept a break. She can be in a relationship, or she can break up, but no halfsies.
>>
No brakes op nothing good can come of it.
Alternatively say yes but write it off as a loss. If she wants to suck your dick afterwards she can but it doesn't mean you guys are back together.
>>
>>16983967
Jeez man, she kinda sounds insecure. Good luck if you decide to keep seeing her.
>>
>>16983809
Pound it one last time, defile her, make her damaged goods then end the relationship.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.