[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sleep paralysis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1413325562603.gif (365 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1413325562603.gif
365 KB, 500x275
How can I handle this or prevent it happening in the future.
>>
Just tough it out I've had it for years you get used to it and it can't hurt you.
>>
You need it to not literally roll around during sleep.
just give it a second to deactivate.
>>
Sleeping on your stomach helps.
>>
Don't sleep on your back.
>>
meditate. learn to control it. learn to lucid dream and astral project

>>>/x/
>>
>>16982801
Not really advice, just sharing my experience. When this happens to me, it's only ever when the room is lit. I can see the room I am in front of my closed eyes. It always looks golden and beatutiful. I get the creeping shadows and looming figures, but because of the fact that I am so aware that my body is asleep I just ignore it. People often come into the room and my mind and I talk/yell at them in my dream. To me the whole experience is pretty nice...
>>
>>16982801
This might sound stupid but ive done it since i was like 5 years old and i keep dong it because it somehow works.

Every time i go to bed i imagine myself laying there. I procede by puting up like a barier around myself (imagine a slightly transparent ball of golden light or something). Next i imagine making this barrier bigger so it cowers the whole house and while it expands i think about how entities and what evers on my mind gets pushed away.

And thats it. I almost feel ashamed for doing this every night and it might only work because ive been doing it for so long and my brain recognize it somehow...
>>
>>16982801

If I knew how to, I would tell you. I think the big changes I made that made me experience them way less is keeping my mind at peace when I know I'm experiencing it. Prevents weird shadow dudes from running around my room. Also knowing having my dog sleep in my room makes me more calm.
>>
>>16982801
I sleep on my side and that usually helps. I get sleep paralysis just as I am about to fall asleep though, and not when I'm waking up.
>>
lurking (not op) because my boyfriend has sleep paralysis

everytime I notice his weird acting I try to slowly wake him up
>>
I get it every time I get drunk. So maybe don't drink too much before bed if you tend to.
>>
If you have a fucked up sleep schedule, try to fix it. I usually get it when I'm sleep deprived and nap during the day.
>>
File: bwSoundboard.jpg (48 KB, 480x318) Image search: [Google]
bwSoundboard.jpg
48 KB, 480x318
>>16982801
Jesus Christ, dude

For real.

Try imagining a cross when it happens
>>
You are dealing with demons.
You can cast them out in Jesus name.
>>
Dig your fingernails into your palms when you feel yourself starting to fall asleep... that usually helps me. Obviously it'll only work for you if you're experiencing the paralysis in the process of falling asleep
>>
I've noticed that it occurs (in my case) when I sleep with my neck in an awkward position.

Not saying it will help you, but when you do sleep, try sleeping in a position that does not elevate your neck too much or allow it to dip down to much.

I don't know why, but it always results in sleep paralysis for me, so there must be a correlation.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.