[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Too late to study in USA?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: uc berkeley.jpg (38 KB, 468x316) Image search: [Google]
uc berkeley.jpg
38 KB, 468x316
I realized too late that I want to study in America. I'm in my last year of Swedish high school and it's too late for me to apply to any colleges.

Is there any way for me to study in the US now? Could I start a program at a Swedish uni and transfer to America after my first year?

I need advice. I don't want to regret this for the rest of my life.
>>
>>16982077
Stay in Sweden
>>
>>16982077
We got plenty of room.

Come on down!
>>
You could transfer or you could take a year off and apply next year.
>>
Apply for next year (make sure to have safety schools up there if Clinton or Cruz gets elected)
>>
>>16982106
Why do you say that?
>>
>>16982206
He's just being cheeky.
>>
>>16982140
Isn't it harder to get accepted if you had a gap year?
>>
>>16982166
Will they change anything or is it just because they would be shit presidents?
>>
>>16982077
Take a year to prepare and get your shit together then apply.
>>
>>16982227
What do you suggest I do? Work and save some money?
>>
>>16982077
När det gäller högskolan så handlar det bara om två saker, komma in och komma ut.

Få det fixat så fort som möjligt bara. Kanske roligt och bra merit att plugga i USA, men dyrt också. Sen blir det extra hårt om du failar. Då är det bara att begå sudoku.
>>
>>16982237
Men man ska väl också försöka ha kul och göra något man verkligen vill? Känns som att det är mycket roligare att gå på universitet i USA och om man sedan vill jobba utomlands så är en Amerikansk examen väldigt användbar.

Kostnaden verkar bli dubbelt så stor utan eventuellt stipendium och jag tror jag är beredd att ta det. Faila universitetet tror jag inte är alltför troligt heller.
>>
>>16982255
>Faila universitetet tror jag inte är alltför troligt heller.

Det trodde inte jag heller, men det är en mycket större risk än man tror faktiskt.

Högskolan handlar bara om att jobba hårt även i sverige, och det är svårt om man inte är en av de top 10% smartaste i landet.

Men det är klart, lite beror det ju på vad man läser också.

Jag var medelmåtta och läste till Civilingenjör, mer än hälften hoppade av under utbildningens gång på den tiden.
>>
>>16982270
Mer än hälften? Wow. Vilken civilingenjörsutbildning var det?
>>
>>16982285
Data på KTH i stockholm.

Det har alltid varit så, det var lika dant när min far läste Elektro i Lund på 70 talet.
>>
Dude why would you come to America. Te education is shit compared to European standards and expensive as fuck.
>>
>>16982291
Det var någon av de utbildningarna jag tänkte läsa. Har du några tips för att inte faila?
>>
>>16982319
It's a better merit and a better experience than European unis. Also, I want out of Sweden.
>>
>>16982077
I'm attending a community college at 22, and there's a lot of international students well into their late 20's. If you can get a student visa, I suggest attending a community college and then transferring into a university. This is going to save you a lot of money. But it can't guarantee admittance to your desired university since most universities give priority to local applicants.
>>
>>16982401
Thanks for the advice. How does that save money? Because community college is cheaper? Could I get admitted to better colleges like any University of California?
>>
>>16982210
Not really, no. Especially if you know what you want to study and spend that year working in that field in some capacity.
>>
>>16982459
That's good to hear. Improving my SAT score might also help.
>>
>>16982106
This. America is cucked enough.
>>
>>16982493
Oh I'm not a cuck. That's part of the reason I want out of Sweden.
>>
>>16982501
In that case, avoid the entire state of California and most major cities, they're no different.
>>
>>16982506
How about Colorado and Florida? Are they good?

California seemed fine last time I was there. It was far from how bad Sweden is.
>>
>>16982077
Don't know why the heck do you want to move ouy from there, because Cillege at where you're living have great famous. And there, at nordic countries, you have the most advanced and humane societies of all.
>>
I have no idea why you'd want to pay for that, do the even have "luxury" ensuites that are standard accommodation now?

You can transfer, or go do something else and apply next year, or the year after that - seriously no one cares, welcome to adult life.
>>
>>16982522
I have many reasons. What country are you from?
>>
>>16982418
Yes, community college is cheaper by A LOT and if you want to get into a UC then it is your best option. You save money and transferring as a junior is easier than applying as a freshman.
>>
>>16982824
I'll definitely look into that then. Thanks.
>>
>>16982233
Sat, cc classes, etc.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.