[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quesiton about women: Why do they bring up other men when you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
Quesiton about women:

Why do they bring up other men when you're talking to them to try to make you jealous?

Why do they do this? What are they hoping to achieve?
>>
>>16981978
To make you jealous/uncomfortable.

It's disrespectful, to be quite honest.
>>
Test to see if they can bend u. If u get jealous then u r an insecure male in her eyes. If u dont give a fuck they like u more
>>
>>16981978
I mention my boyfriend so I don't give them the wrong idea
>>
maybe because there are other males in the world, and you are not the only male, so inevitably other ones come up in conversation. stop being such an insecure little bitch
>>
>>16981994

Wrong door, Women's Studies is down the hall.
>>
>>16981978
Because they're stupid and lack self awareness.
How you react is up to you.
>>
>>16981978
Are they bringing up other men to make you insecure, or are they just talking about something that happened to/with a male friend? Sorry to be skeptical, but this is /adv/ and the guys here explode over every little thing.
>>
>>16981978
I've had a man do this to me, I was confused and a bit upset.
>>
>>16982000

OP here, that is a fair question. No, she is not mentioning a friend in passing or something, she is just droning on and on about her preferences in men, what she thinks makes a good man, etc etc

It's obvious at this point that she is being passive-aggressive, I just want to figure out why
>>
>>16982009
Seriously. There's no intent. She's just retarded.

The words 'Please stop talking about men, or I will stand up and leave' would serve you well here.
>>
>>16982019

It's over Skype, I just posted a smug anime face at her and stopped talking. My desire to know her has disintegrated. I can't even bring myself to type words to her
>>
>>16982009
Ooh okay. When she lists these 'preferences', do you have any of them or is she saying opposite ones on purpose?
>>
>>16982024

Everything she has said so far is what she knows is either something I am not or the exact opposite, so... it seems like she is being deliberate.
>>
>>16982023
Please stop talking about men. My desire to get to know you has disintegrated.

Great choice of words. Nice teamwork.
>>
>>16981978
They'll only do that if you aren't even on their radar, unless they have no social awareness/empathy.
>>
>>16982036
Oh she's being a damn cunt then - sorry :(
>>
File: favicon.png (10 KB, 282x281) Image search: [Google]
favicon.png
10 KB, 282x281
>>16982059

Appreciate it. She's young though... 21. I'm 29. It seems like there are so many millennials out there who just have, like... the minds of children in their 20's.

I don't know how I am supposed to find a girl to talk to who has an adult mind in her head.
>>
>>16982070
>i'm 29
>she's 21
That's because she pretty much is a child, why don't you date people your own age, grandpa?
>>
>>16981997
except he has a point.
are you one of those people who think girls should hang out with girls and boys with boys only? like a secret club thing
>>
>>16982070
Don't go for 21 year olds. 25 and up for you. 21 year olds have no idea who they even are yet.
>>
>>16981992
Haha I love when a girl mentions her bf first.

It's like a little personal win as a man.
>>
>>16982009
If you were man enough you would dump that waste of space bitch.

But this is 4chan so......just cuck yourself.
>>
>>16982070
>>
>>16982151

You know I'm right though, and I have said nothing euphoric.
>>
>>16981978

Because you let them.

If a girl says that to me my response is "duck that dagger I don't want to hear that shot"

Women only behave when you show them the clear boundary of what is and is not acceptable behavior
>>
>>16982138

OK anon keep fucking that granny pussy

I'll be here slaying 21 year old vag
>>
>>16983810
Yeah 21 year olds are fine for one night stands, if that's what they're into. But the op said he is looking for someone to talk to. A 21 year old can't provide that. They are all airheads. You can't into a relationship with a 21 year old.
>>
they probably just want to display that they're desirable so you like them more
>>
>>16983810
>dude pussy lmaoooo
>>
Unfortunately, I used to do this (as a middle school/freshman/sophomore) and as embarrassing and cringey as it is to think back on, I can tell you that I did it as a method to try and get a boy to act possessive of me. But that was little teeny bopper shit, and if you're dating someone 18+ who's doing that, leave now because it's not healthy or normal.
>>
it is normal if they bring up other guys in conversations.
If they always talk about the same guy, she is a bitch.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.