[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I conciliate red pill view (only confidence matters) with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_no88l4FkVw1uvui1io1_540.jpg (40 KB, 515x496) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_no88l4FkVw1uvui1io1_540.jpg
40 KB, 515x496
How do I conciliate red pill view (only confidence matters) with black pill view (only looks matter)?

I used to believe in the former, but I saw a lot of guys who did nothing special (no witty lines and no being overconfident/arrogant) who got nice and cute girls.

Then I fell into the latter. There are still some exceptions but this one decribes reality with greater precision. I disagree on the uselessness of personality but I never saw a guy getting laid only by his "confidence". I know guys who tried to be "confident" and got ugly girls who didn't respect them.
A friend of mine is ugly but confident and dominant, he found a cute girl but she obviously doesn't respect him.
But the point is that this diatribe in my mind is tearing my existence. I wish I was able to prove that the black pill is wrong, but I cannot.
Red/blue/black pill are ideologies and a clash between them is a rethoric fight.
You can ask me whatever you want, I'm not here to promote one pill, just want to get out of the swamp in my head.
>>
Have you tried considering the idea that humans are more complicated than you're giving them credit for and that the way people perceive you cannot be summed up by an ideology as thin, generic, and black & white as the 'pills' you're describing?

Nah what am I saying, you're posting frogs.
>>
File: 1456866638070.png (295 KB, 680x697) Image search: [Google]
1456866638070.png
295 KB, 680x697
>>16981685
>anti-frog

>>16981669
Iron pill == looks matter + confidence matters == exercise more
>>
>>16981685
Yes, humans are complicated, but you can draw conclusion from most humans seeing their behaviour. Statistics about people generally show a gaussian distribution, not uniform.

I don't like frogs at all, just thought this one suited the thread well.
>>16981700
Do you think a jacked 5 can really compete with a skinny natural 7.5?
>>
>>16981709
You're comparing more to most, rather than comparing more to less. If you can get most, go for it. Otherwise, settle for more. Inability to be #1 is not an excuse to let all of your potential go to waste.
>>
>How do I conciliate red pill view (only confidence matters) with black pill view (only looks matter)?

by realizing that all these "pill" ideologies are oversimplistic bullshit that your mind latches on to because you're too stupid to handle complex and nuanced thinking in a random and chaotic world that doesn't conform to neat little boxes

>tfw you've been metapilled
>>
>>16981669
Neither are fully correct and the descriptors 'looks' and 'confidence' are just indicators for a broader characteristic of generally pleasant presentation.

The only real concessions you can make are that women are a vastly mixed bag and sexually successful men share almost no universal common traits.

So logically, given enough exposure and time, everyone can get a girl.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 1024x359) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 1024x359
>tfw grew up in the 90s where you either could girls or you could not get girls

There was no pill except Vigara which only helped if you could get girls lol
>>
>>16981718
this, though some people aren't too stupid. some are lazy and others lack breadth of experience. others easily succumb to black and white thinking because it makes you feel like you're being logical and rational when really you're just being overly reductive or simplistic.
>>
>>16981740
>because it makes you feel like you're being logical and rational

that's such a great way of putting it.

>muh feels
>>
>>16981714
Why are you implying that I have some potential?
And what if I reach my potential and nothing changes? What if there are some genetics limits?
>>16981718
This doesn't mean that humans can't follow predictable patterns. Internally, each human is very complex. But in a larger pictures, there are some prevalent patterns (which are not absolute, but rather influenced by society).
If we really were like atomic particles, all science and studies about human nature would be utterly wrong.
>>16981725
>women are a vastly mixed bag
I never knew a girl with a fetish for obese or short guys. I think men are a vastly mixed bag.
>sexually successful men share almost no universal common traits
Well developed supraorbital ridge, masculine jaws, naturally high T.
>So logically, given enough exposure and time, everyone can get a girl.
Even if you're right (and I don't think so), can everyone get a girl who's really attracted to him?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.