[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I answer the "Are you still doing X" question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1457241620806.png (87 KB, 389x501) Image search: [Google]
1457241620806.png
87 KB, 389x501
How do I answer the "Are you still doing X" question honestly? I've been NEET for over four years and I haven't had the nerve to tell my doctor yet; I just keep pretending to still be working where I used to. He knows I have anxiety, but he thinks I'm managing. I'm not interested in trying medication.
>>
>>16981649
I don't think there's any other way than just telling him. It's probably better in the long run. Most likely nothing bad will happen if you do it.
>>
>>16981649

by telling him 'no' then explaining when you stopped and why you lied.

this isnt rocket science. there isnt some trick to this. its literally answering the question
>>
Just lie like a normal person.
>>
>>16981695
this. if you tell him your anxiety is still bad but you don't want meds for it, he is obligated to respect that. you always have the right to refuse treatment unless it's a very extreme case, like someone who is flagrantly psychotic and trying to cut their own face off or some shit.
>>
>>16981649
Are you open to psychological counseling? You probably need it, and your doctor might recommend it, but they most likely won't. They're more interested in popping pills into you, as they're trained to treat all health issues with drugs...even when it's not necessarily what's best for the patient.
>>
>>16982982
I am open to counseling, yes. When I made an appointment four years ago for some anxiety I felt in college, I was simply offered Klonopin right off the bat. I never took them, though, drugs that affect the mind frighten me.
>>
>>16983053
You don't have to take meds. They're also trained to put you on pills. Tell them you're not interested in medication. Unless they believe it's a necessity, they'll respect your choice. If they insist, you can always find another counselor.

4 years is too long, anon. You need to get help.
>>
>>16983143
Thank you for the advice. I will try to talk to my doctor about getting a counselor, better now while I'm 24, then later when my best days are gone.
>>
>>16983385
I'm not sure how much your doctor can help you with finding a counselor, but there are services out there that can. I'm glad you're going to see someone.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.