[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Offering Advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1
File: rain princess.jpg (134 KB, 668x667) Image search: [Google]
rain princess.jpg
134 KB, 668x667
Back again because my meeting cancelled
48 year old guy
Married 24+ years
Six children, oldest two grown
I've made enough mistakes to know what not to do.
Offering advice.
>>
>>16980880
What's your education level?
>>
YAY WELCOME BACK
But you didn't go home for long...When do you sleep?
>>
How much fundamental disagreement can there be in a relationship that is intended to last? I'm talking about things like religious or political beliefs, dietary quirks, personal opinions, etc.
>>
>>16980880
how to good sex?
>>
>>16980885
Bachelor's. I start a Masters in the Fall, but meh
>>
>>16980886
The littlest kid was up with a cold, so....
>>
>>16980902
Personal opinions can vary a fair amount, even political ones and religions *sometimes*.
In my experience the 'big stuff' inside a relationship is about
-Marriage
-Children
-How to raise children
-how to spend money
everything else can work
>>
How do I start calling my girlfriend sweetie and mon amour without making it awkward at first? She's called me those a few times and I know she wants me to address her by that. But I've never had a cute name for a girlfriend before. I've always just called them by their first name.
>>
I'm 30 with a wide and 6 month old. Just stayed a bachelor of engineering. I feel like I'm getting too old to bother but then i know a 40 year old who just finished his medical degree. What are your thoughts
>>
>>16980926
Hmmm.
I suggest that when you might normally *not* use a name you just append something to the end like 'hon', 'sweetie', etc.
>'Could you hand me that butterknife please, hon?'
If you feel awkward doing it then go all out with something like 'snugglebear' so you start to see 'sweetie' as less cutsie.
And try your own stuff. I prefer 'dearest'
>>
>>16980935
I didn't complete my BA until I was 34. I will be 52 when I finish my MA.
Plenty of guys I know delay degrees.
>>
>>16980944
I call her sweetie pie and cutie pie a bunch, but I really want to make sweetie and mon amour natural. I'll try something crazier like snugglebear
>>
are your meetings really cancelled or youre just unemployed and bored?
why do they cancel on you so often?
>>
There’s this girl I had a thing a year ago but it did not work out because she tested and I failed miserably. Last semester I was in a class with her but this was one of those big lecture classes so I did not make much of it. She started to wonder about me and stalk me; she would assign a peer from another class to spy me on whether I would ask about her. I ran into her at the end of the semester and she was interested in me. I knew she was into me but I had to let her contact me first or else she would have obviously gone cold.
Fast forward to this semester I have her in my big lecture class again. I ran into her while studying with some buddies and just said hi to her. I maintained my center and did not chase her because then she would know she had me. After 20 min she asked me if we could study together. Since she was initiating I told her it was cool. Immediately after that she said she did not want to do it. I was like cool no biggie. She left. The following week I was walking with my buddy towards the class I have her in and she was walking like 20 meters in front of me. She never took this way so I knew she was doing it because of me. She began to slow down. I was confused on whether she was testing or she wanted me to initiate. I did not make anything out of it and just went inside without actively trying to get her attention. Then one of her friends that I technically used to meet her walked right in front of me in a way for me to like acknowledge him and potentially hang. I was confused whether I was being tested or this was a legitimate attempt at getting my attention. I did not do anything.
After a month I ran into her again. I said hi but she completely ignored me. Am I out? I technically did not do anything wrong. I did not chase. She was interested but she never got to actually contact me directly. Should I have done something that day she was walking? Or would it have been essentially chasing from my part? What do I do from now?
>>
>>16980969
It is the end of the month at the end of the quarter. I average a 10% cancellation rate but most of those are during - the last week of the quarter.
Frankly, I look forward to these days - I take a long lunch with the wife, watch a little netflix on the tablet, hang out online, and knock off early.
>>
How do I stop feeling inadequate? Me and my ex girlfriend started talking again on a whim and her life is so much better than mine...I mean, maybe not on a pure happiness standpoint? But she's done much better than me in life over these last few years.
>>
>>16980973
do people actually play games like this?
>>
>>16980990
Not OP but maybe that should be a little kick in the ass to start improving your life. I've been there and it's shitty. But it made me realize I was wasting my life
>>
>>16980996
Some girls are that insecure man.
>>
>>16980973
Are you using some sort of formula about interacting with women?
[sorry for the delay, had a call]
>>
>>16981022
Here's the thing: I started doing such a while ago. I had dropped out of school and I went back last semester, but I can't kick it into overdrive to catch up. It's hard as hell just finding a decent job to try to pay my way towards a better life. And it's frustrating as hell, I actually feel like it's karma even for being shitty.
>>
>>16980990
She isn't you.
You aren't her.
Focus on what you want and your goals.
You do have written goals, right?
>>
>>16981032
It is more of a let them come to you approach. I have been rejected my whole life every time I pursued a girl. It is much easier for me to just wait for them to become unsure and talk to me rather than pursue and make her feel like she has me easily, because she has already rejected me because of that.
>>
>>16981038
Relax.
Life isn't a competition. There is no scoring system.
Focus on you and your life - much less stress and much more reward
>>
>>16981052
I ask because you wrote
>I technically did not do anything wrong
>>
>>16980880
I will be back in about 20-30 minutes
>>
>>16981062
Yeah, so what do you advice me to do? Chill until she becomes unsure again?
>>
>>16981051
Yeah, I have plans that are contingent upon me getting my Bachelors degree in a few years. And obviously goals like travel when i have the money, things I want to learn, and the like.

>>16981056
You're right.
>>
Should I just say "Fuck it" to myself meeting girls from tinder ?
I don't know if I should go on a Tinder date and travel for 50 km.
>>
>>16981074
Who says she was ever anything?
If you wait for them to come to you, keep waiting.
>>
>>16981164
If you have nothing better to do go ahead. A little travel, a little food, a pretty girl - that can only suck so hard, right?
>>
>>16980880
Off to a long lunch - hope to be back around 2 hours from now
>>
>>16981174
Yeah, you right.
Never been in Ghent, so maybe see something nice.
>>
>six children

Not sure why, but I am physically repulsed by people who have more than three. It's bordering on phobic, if it doesn't count already. Gives me the shudders and makes me nauseous to think about someone creating a swarm.

With that out of the way, what are some methods that encourage a baby to crawl? My boy seems to want to go straight to walking, and he rolls/drags himself everywhere when no one is supporting him to walk.
>>
So, i got the feelings for a university friend.
I see her almost every day during classes and she's always around me. Ive never been good with girls but i think she may actually like me back.

The problem is that whenever we're alone with each other she shuts down. She doesnt talk, doesnt ask me anything, gives short answers and hides behind her phone, so we just stand there next to each other in silence. Sometimes i even avoid being alone with her because i know its going to be awkward.

I like her but i dont wanna make a move if we cant even have a normal conversation. What do?
>>
>>16981243
I would relax about the child; some kids roll or drag, some don't.
How old?
>>
>>16981269
She might just be shy and nervous, too.
Ask her to coffee.
>>
>>16981316

How did you met your wife ?
>>
>>16981316
Close to eight months. He's doing great in a lot of ways (can sit up on his own from belly, waves hi to people), but he shows no interest in trying to crawl, and isn't doing the single-syllable sounds that most babies his age are. He said "na-na-na-na" once, and that's about it.

I'm probably worrying too much, but I just want to keep his development on point.
>>
>>16981324
On a blind date arranged by some mutual friends.
We clicked immediately and were married within 18 months
>>
>>16981330
You are worrying too much. Kids vary a great deal
Our oldest had 3 words (mama, airplane, sandwich) until he was 22 months old then poof! Sentences!
The third spoke very early (and very often)
The second one dragged and rolled early then went to walking without crawling, he's a star athlete now.
They do things their own way!
>>
So you must have been in a few arguments in your life, right?

My gf and I split up recently and I've known her since she was 12, we were dating for three years. The break up was kinda crazy, screaming and all - but I contacted her recently to see if she was okay, but she exploded again with anger, saying things such as "don't ever talk to me again", "I'm done with you, x", "my life is so much better without you". She also threatened to get the authorities involved because my family members wanted to talk to her to see if she was okay - I haven't spoken to her since.

See, if it were anyone else I wouldn't bat an eye, but I've known her so long and this seems so out of character for her. I genuinely wanted to marry this girl but I'm also ready to call it quits.

Not sure if I should wait a bit to contact her again or just move on completely.
>>
>>16981339
Yeeesh.
When someone says never talk to me again and mentions the police, take them at their word and wait for them to contact you.
What caused the split, if you don't mind saying?
>>
>>16981339
Tell her that if she ever wants to work things out she can call you. Other than that you can not do much else really.
>>
>>16981336
Yeah, I am. I was walking at 9 months, and didn't really babble. I waited until I could say complete sentences before I tried. And my father never crawled, and was walking/running at 8 months. So it runs in the family, I suppose.

It's just difficult when friends have babies the same age as yours. Even though it's not wise to compare, I catch myself doing it all the time. I see someone post her daughter of the same age babbling and trying to crawl, and I get worried.
>>
>>16981348
Beware the Kid Olympics!
"My Johnny is only 2 but can play piano in French!" usually means "I am terrified I am actually a terrible parent"
People always freak out at how relaxed the wife and I are about the kids and how well the kids are doing.
I tell them one leads to the other.
>>
>>16981344
It was mainly "petty" arguments but it built up after awhile, she started ignoring me randomly and then posted a picture on snapchat of her with loads of other people.

I lost my temper and called her pretty harsh things, which is completely out of character of me but the past arguments and the ignoring built up to it.

>>16981345
I'm thinking the same. It just seems so unlike her though. She comes from a "bad" family, mother's a drug addict, dad's in prison.

Her aunt and uncle raise her but they could divorce at any moment - she stayed at my place for a few days around 8 months ago and said how she felt like she finally found out what having a family felt like, etc.

I don't know, it just seems so unlike her to react this way - then again I've never made her that furious before.
>>
>>16980880
Back from lunch!
>>
>>16982748
please kill yourself
>>
Don't know if you're still giving advice but I would definitely appreciate some right now, even if it's not from OP.

I'm currently 18 and at University studying Computer Science, half way through my first semester. I'm still living at home (and am planning to until I finish my degree to save $), and went straight from highschool into University - never took the gap year, or fulltime work.

However, when I'm at University, doing all the study/assignments, the only thing I can think about is, am I wasting my time? At the moment my only goal is to work an okay job, that makes me enough money to afford a small apartment and a comfortable lifestyle to go along with it. It seems that the goal can be achieved by working a 9-5 job that doesn't require any degree; and that getting a degree will just provide the same benefits but give you a better way of going about it.

Uni is great because I'm essentially getting a bit of money to save/spend from the government for getting higher education, and I still live at home so my living expenses are covered for me.

But on the other hand the stress of it all sort of causes me to 'shutdown' sometimes and for like a few days straight I'll just get into these moods where I don't want to do anything and spend all my time watching netflix, wanking, browsing 4chan and feeling sorry for myself. Not to mention living in my home comes with its ridiculous restrictions, parent is really weird - pathological liar, OCD, never ever happy, always NEEDS something to be upset/angry over, never wants anyone over at the house, the list goes on and on. And as a result it makes it hard to keep up just normal friendships and any meaningful relationship (gf/sex) impossible.

All I want is to move out, have my own place and work full-time but then again I don't know if I feel ready enough to start being an adult. I know staying and completing the degree would be the smarter option but fuck the stress of it all is starting to destroy me. pls help
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.