[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to live and work in San Francisco or Los Angeles in when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (596 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
596 KB, 750x1334
I want to live and work in San Francisco or Los Angeles in when I graduate, how do I get there? I am computer science major, but my skills are very weak and I'm a 3rd year in a public university in Southern California.
>>
Pic unrelated
>>
Why do you want to live there?

You know it's one of the most expensive cities to live in, right?
>>
>>16980128

hollywood fag

>have at least three months worth of living expenses saved up, ideally six months
>move there and sublet a spare bedroom for 3 months.
>apply for each and every job, entry level or not, just to make sure you get an income incoming
>from there start applying for jobs more within your field
>once you have steadyish income you can try and get your own apartment.

los angeles aint so bad. never tried san francisco but i hear its ridiculously expensive even compared to los angeles. but i also hear that is where ALL the new apps are being made, but idk if thats what you mean by computer science so i dont know.
>>
>>16980135
I really like the culture there and the things you could do, I think it would be a great experience living there while I'm young.
>>
>>16980139
Thanks, my job prospects are not too solid yet as I'm just beginning the major so I still do not know much what I can do.
>>
>>16980135
Yeah I know it's really expensive l, but I think it would be an interesting way of life.
>>
>>16980163

yeah man, you're in third year, people dont worry abotu job prospects yet, you havent even finished. this isnt some ivy league school where you all have jobs lined up before graduation.

trust me im a big planner but you are getting ahead of yourself.

if you ever wanna check out the city you're welcome to crash on my couch (and maybe let me suck ur dick)
>>
>>16980173
Lol what steps do you suggest to begin planning? Do you live in SF?
>>
>>16980182

no im the hollywood fag.

only steps i recommend you planning are finishing the next year of college.
>>
>>16980128
>pic unrelated
Well that's just creepy.
>>
>>16980186
I see, ok thanks!
>>
I hope you have some work experience, it doesn't really matter what field (although tech is the obvious choice) minimum wage is already very high in sf. Work really hard and try to up your GPA in your last year. Save up money for rent, if you can find anything under $1000 you are considered lucky (that is with roommates of course). You will probably need two jobs to survive if you can't hack in the tech industry. Living in SF is expensive and you have to work hard, but it is fun. I hope you have something unique to offer though because it is very competitive out here and many techy transplant fucks can't make it (thank goodness).
>>
>>16980192
How did you get to where you are now? What are some things you learned, thanks for the info!
>>
>>16980128
1. Apply for jobs.
2. Get job.
3. Find someplace to live.
4. Move in
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.