[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moderately buzzed advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 500x667
Drinking some beer and feel like offering my insight. Shoot
>>
Oh shit I forgot le name
>>
Let me guess you drink alone on the internet because you like the taste?
>>
>>16979280
Hit the nail on the head. We have a new king of 4chan boys and girls
>>
I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life during the day, but at night, I get depressed as fuck. Loneliness despite having great friends. Tears despite no hardships. Feelings of suicide or harming myself even though things have never been better.

What do I do about that?
>>
File: 1381117006369.gif (920 KB, 450x257) Image search: [Google]
1381117006369.gif
920 KB, 450x257
What does it mean when a friend stops talking to you as normal and says they "just need a break from you"?
>>
>>16979304
Just pretend it's day time when it's night.
>>
>>16979304
Well first off I have a few questions:
Do you have an active social life with friends and social support?
Hobbies?
A job/college?
If you're lacking those things I can promise you that has something to do with it. Although, if everything is perfectly stable and functional otherwise and your life is healthy and happy aside from night time then a therapist would probably be more useful than me, as it's probably a pretty deep rooted issue that would be difficult to rationally identify via the fourth Chanel.
I always get lonely at night myself. My strategy is to hang out with a close friend or smurk some weed. Everybody requires a different strategy
>>
>>16979329
You drain their energy.
>>
>>16979340
This is not the real op but that's a good post friend
>>
I sort of cheated on my bf. He knows, and I quit talking to the guy, but how do I make things ok? I know it will take time and I've given him complete access to my phone, but is there anything else I can do?
>>
Hey OP should I drink tonight or stay sober until the beer fest on Saturday?

I thought I might ask you first since you're drinking.
>>
How do I prepare for a doomed, yet wonderful, relationship's inevitable end?
>>
>>16979342
I have an excellent support system of friends, but when I need them, I feel like I'd be a burden.

I'm in college full time, and just landed my dream internship.

I have plenty of hobbies I enjoy.

But I still get really depressed. Like tonight, I started thinking about hurting myself just so that someone would be able to see, with their eyes, that I'm hurting. Isn't that messed up? Idk, I probably should be telling this to a therapist and not a slightly drunk anon on 4chan, hah.
>>
>>16979349
where does it go? i don't get any of it, and it definitely drains me to be around people too. I still don't say shit to them.
>>
>>16979428
It means you're hard to be around. Like you make inappropriate jokes or comments about people and it makes people uncomfortable. Saying cringey stuff will do it too.

If you don't like being around certain people then others can smell it on you.
>>
>>16979439
so how do i improve on not doing those things?
>>
>>16979473
Well exercise helped me.

Whatever made me not depressed because when I was feeling like I had no control I started getting bitter and angry about stuff. I'd take positive conversations point them in a negative direction.
>>
>>16979484
I already do, and I'm not depressed. I just have no friends or family so my social interaction is limited and when I am actually with people I do cringey, awkward stuff which makes them not want to be around me, which makes me unable to practice social skills anymore. It's a spiral man.
>>
I love my boyfriend and he's super sweet and nice most of the time but once in a blue moon he gets super psycho. Like he'll scream or get violent if I'm not home when he gets home ect.ect. but then everything is normal when he calms. It's completely random or over weird things that he won't get mad about the next few months. Should I get out of this relationship? We've been together for 4 years and live together and have a dog together, and this weird shit just started happening this past year.
>>
>>16979514
I know what you mean.

Try to meet new people and pick up other hobbies or social circles. It can be hard but I think if you keep interacting with people and pick up on signs like this where they respond negatively at certain times you can work on improving your demeanor.

At least you are self-aware which is the most important step towards improvement.
>>
>>16979535
he might have a legit psychological issue that he could be treated for with daily medicine and it'll stop; bipolar, schizo, complex partial seizures all come to mind. maybe schedule a routine checkup for you both and discuss it with him and the doctor.
>>
>>16979546
Just try to be perceptive.

See how others respond and adjust accordingly.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.