[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Navy or Marines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
So, I plan on joining the U.S. Military, the question is...which branch?

If I go into the Marines, I plan on going into Marine Infantry, and then into MarSOC.

If I go Navy, I go into the Corpsmen, and then I go into SEALs.

What do you think, /adv/?
>>
Go Air Force and get a desk job. Keep your head down and get your 4 years done, then go to college and perform well.

Navy works too. Never join the Army or Marines.
>>
Your goals probably aren't realistic, and even if you have what it takes, there is no guarantee.
My Dad wanted to be infantry, he was too smart and ended up in communications. Got to do some rad classified shit in south America, though.
I always wanted to be a pilot, but when I got in the Air Force they pushed me toward what I do now, which is a chair force job that required a doctorate.

Point is, they think they know what's best for you, and they do, because it's what's best for them.

Don't worry about glory-grabbing shit like MarSOC and SEALS. Go where they tell you and be the best at it. That's the only way you'll ever have a say in the first place, but it's also what you should do if you're joining for the right reasons.
>>
>>16978481
I want to do a combat job, namefag.
>>
>>16978484
I see, thank you. I shall take this into consideration.
>>
Undignified self bump
>>
>>16978484
>be a faggot

No thanks
>>
>>16978470
Marines. I just think they're fucking badass. I would join myself if it wasn't for my anxiety. You're probably more likely to be in infantry in the marines anyways. If you're really smart and did well in school, don't count on it though because they're not going to throw some smart motherfucker out in infantry. Good luck OP.
>>
>>16978625
>>16978652
you're a faggot no matter what you do, highschool kiddie

You're not getting into fucking marsoc or Seals, get your head out your ass you little shit

Actually, nevermind, follow your dreams you autistic little shit, put everything you have into either one of those, please, don't listen to anyone else, don't even read the enlistment papers, your recruiters got your back
>>
>>16978652

>serve your country as your superiors see fit rather than trying to be billy badass
>faggot

Sure friend.
>>
>>16978661
>your recruiters got your back

I lol'd
>>
>>16978662
>your country
>the financial interests of the corporate paymasters of your corrupt government
Fix'd
>>
>>16978661
Kek.
>>
>>16978682
>/pol/ is my number one source of current habbedings :DDD

Shut the fuck up NEET, so one asked for your a9moose secret knowledge
>>
>>16978654
Join, man. You may regret not doing it when you're older.
>>
>>16978722

Don't really mean to speak for that anon but it's possible it's a medical/psych disqualification.

I wanted nothing more than to join the army like my dad but my medical history (which I can't lie about because it's in the military system already) would disqualify me right off the bat. Huge bummer.
>>
>>16978470
Noble aspirations but unfortunately that's not how shit works. Plan all you you want, but you go where the needs of the military send you, ESPECIALLY in the Marines. As far as I know they still don't have guarantees of MOS on entry.

When it comes to high speed shit like MARSOC or SEALs, that's not something you 'go into.' That's something you might get a chance to try out for, and if you succeed, you then get to endure the months-to-year(s) long training programs that have wash-out rates in excess of 85%. I'm not saying you can't do it, hell you may very well be Billy Badass and be exactly the kind of person that will succeed in that kind of thing. I'm just saying don't make 'plans' like that as your primary reasons for joining up, because you can't plan that shit.
>>
>>16978771
Alright. I see.
>>
>>16978654
>I would join myself if it wasn't for my anxiety

TopMotherfuckingkek

This is what happens when you give out participation awards.
>>
>>16978771
What I had heard, was that they let you choose, but when you get down too it, it's really up to the Marine Corps.
>>
>>16978470
if you want direct action https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_military_company
>>
The choice should be clear, OP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmpR5Mrc1B4
>>
>>16978836
Why not join the Army OP? 18x and option 40 contracts at least guarantee you'll get to try out for a high speed job.
>>
>>16979885
This is a good career option to consider, but keep in mind that most of these guys were at the very least infantrymen before they went into that line of work. Also I'm pretty sure they tend to do more executive protection than direct action missions.
>>
As a former Marine I will tell you this. Just go navy. Depending on where you get stationed at it'll suck dick.

Oh btw you will probably be dropped from marsoc due to an injury or some shit seen it happened to quite a few people in my company who tried when it was offered.

Get a job that will help you in the future and not turn you into an alcoholic loser like me working shitty labor jobs.

GI bills nice though if they don't kick you out for being a drunk fucking up some other way.

I still haven't used that shit.
>>
>>16978470
Whatever branch of the military you join and whatever promises they make, you will end up where they want to put you, with very little (that is to say, NO) say in the matter.
>>
>>16978470
Alright USMC vet here.
Both are viable options, you want combat Marine infantry is best option.
Navy corpsmen have a chance to get stuck stateside however you will be promoted faster and in general have better living conditions.
I recommend Navy just because we are considered peace time as of now.
I'll lurk if you have more questions
Also Marsoc is a competition based on how many friends you make even if you make it through the whole thing you probably won't be selected I'm not sure about SEALS
>>
>>16980164
>Your entire post.
Are you me?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.