[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just received a letter today from my university telling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1457311795848.png (532 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
1457311795848.png
532 KB, 500x363
So I just received a letter today from my university telling me that I was denied TAP financial aid, and am now short $3,427 for the semester. Ive basically taken out the largest amount of loans I could for the year, so I'm not sure what to do exactly and I thought some of you may know where I should head with my issue right now. Any advice is helpful. ty.

Pic related, its me and my university rn
>>
Stop living in poor countries.
>>
>>16977952
Why did you get denied?
>>
>>16978148
>United States
>poor country
>lol
The amount of financial aid correlates with the amount of taxes. So while you idiots praise countries with "free" healthcare and college you forget the tax rate is 40-50% of your income in those countries.
>>
>>16978445
i got denied because i was an idiot last semester, literally was the stupidest freshman :\
>>
>>16978471
Why, did you fail or something?
>>
>>16978471
Basically my gpa wasnt high enough
>>
>>16978474
yeah i failed most of my classes for being a shitter, this semester ive recovered pretty well but now theres this issue
>>
>>16978485
Do you believe they're being unfair in denying you aid, or can you see where they're coming from?
>>
>>16978493
no i completely understand why they would deny me aid based off of last semester, and i dont exactly find it wrong that they didnt give me the aid, but im sorta shit out of luck now. Im sure i need to pay this money off by the end of the semester and thats 1.5 months away basically
>>
>>16978502
Do you have a job? Can you get a loan elsewhere?
>>
>>16978505
i have a job on campus but that wont get me anywhere near the amount by the end of the semester. Im not exactly sure what other loans i can get other than from a bank or something but im sure its not going to be as long term as school loans are
>>
>>16977952
Just appeal the ruling. You'll have a meeting and get put on probation.
>>
>>16978663
i didnt even know that was an option, have you been in a similar spot?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.