[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need a manly hobby, my days just feel useless. I'm not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: image.gif (1 MB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 500x335
I need a manly hobby, my days just feel useless. I'm not really interested in anything though. What do you do, or do you know of any interesting/easy to start masculine hobbies?
>>
play shooters
>>
>>16976993
Indoor climbing. It's fucking awesome, there are hot girls you can check out/ get to know, and it's gonna get you fit if done properly. Also, there is tournaments you can participate in and at least those halls I've been in have a small bar where you can buy food/ beer to relax after hours of climbing.

Don't worry about looking like a fucking idiot at first, everyone looks like that at the beginning.
>>
Cross-stitch ride or lewd sayings. All the hipsters are doing it. It's manly and strong.
>>
>>16976993
Woodwork.
Sword smithing.
Buy a cheap old car and learn how to repair and restore it.
Learn to play an instrument and accompany yourself as you sing manly songs.
Take up cycling. Fitness is manly. It'll get you out of the house, too.

Any of those sound interesting?
Something where you make something, have something to show for it, will be satisfying.
>>
Go learn Krav Maga.

>I may say this simply because I think Krav Maga is awesome
>>
>>16977003
Climbing is so much fun. It's literally where all the hot girls hang out. You can't climb if you're fat
>>
>>16977013
All of these except sword smithing. Smith anything but swords, there's just a huge cringe associated with swords.
>>
>>16977020
True. So many fricking hot girls, you don't even know where to look first. Then you fall from your step.
>>
Woordworking is cool.

I just made this table and its so nice to get it finally done.

:3
>>
>>16977119
>woodworking
It's called carpentry, get it right.
>>
>workout if you don't already
pretty sure /fit/ has some kind of useful information on this

>get into a martial arts
>>16977015 isn't a bad suggestion, but I've seen /asp/ talk shit about it a bit, plus it's good to do some research on what you want to learn.

>Get a project car
Not necessarily a classical muscle because of boomer tax, it can be any car you really want and are willing to drop money into. Just know that it can be a big money pit. I'm personally hoping to get an rx7 one of these days

>ride a motorcycle
Unless you live in the middle of fucking no where, it's not hard to find people to ride with, so it can also be a good social hobby. Don't forget to get gear so you don't die as soon

>play an instrument
This is something I recommend to everyone

Any kind of interest or hobby that involves training in general. It can easily cover getting /fit/

Also, don't be mediocre at what you pick to do, try to be the best you can manage. It helps to be passionate about it too
>>
instrument is better i think its my stress reliver
>>
>>16977127
Sorry dude, not everyone is a native english speaker...
>>
>>16977161
Don't be sorry... Woodworking is a valid word and only a pedantic dickwadd would pull you on it.
>>
Jogging with a dog? If u dont have a gf.

Yoga?

Paintball or airsoft?

Mine-sweeping in Syria with a hammer?
>>
I collect fingerboxes
>>
>>16977119
Nice
>>
>>16977003
>>16977020
>>16977080
yes!! plus you get better after only a few times being there, it's so fun!
>>
>>16977003
For a second I thought indoor meant inside your own home.
>>
>buy a broke crown vic, make sure its rust-free, rest doesnt matter
>buy lifts, jackstands, tools,
>make it a track or rallye car
>>/o/
>>
>>16976993
Play guitar or some other cool instrument.
>>
>>16976993
Dude, that's just pathetic. Since you're just making shit up you could say you wrestle polar bears for fun. Is that manly?

Or how about be an actual fucking man and not give a fuck what they think of your real hobbies.
>>
File: Peter-Sagan--014.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
Peter-Sagan--014.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
>>16976993

Cycling. Some people think it's not manly but those people are wrong.

Here's Peter Sagan pulling a wheelie because he's alpha as fuck.

You can cycle anywhere, in whatever weather, and you can make it as hard (go up hills) or as easy you want. It's also great if you can get mates to go with (or find people who are into cycling) but even by yourself it's a great hobby.
>>
Go to the gym. That should be your first go to. 90 minutes of exercise a day will eat up time, extend your life, make you healthier, and give you easily measured and tracked goals.

If you're looking for something else...buy an aquarium and go for the high-tech planted approach with fertilizers and a CO2 system. Stock it with as much flora as you can and tend your underwater garden. Fish will be important later, after the nitrogen cycle has completed and your filter media is mature (maybe a month), as their wast will provide a decent chunk of your nitrogen fertilizers.
>>
>>16978627
I doubt it.
>>
>>16976993

Work out, learn boxing, learn how to cook, read, write, study for grad school exams like the LSAT, MCAT, GRE, etc.
>>
>>16976993
build things
fix things
fight/kill things
fuck things
learn things
>>
Archery dude. Go find a local archery club, or you can even set up a range in your back yard. Not only is it a manly hobby, but useful if you ever decide to get into bow hunting, or when the economy collapse and you have to hunt your own food. Haha JK but it's a relatively cheap hobby too. And there's tons of competitions to practice for and meet people.
>>
File: 1435201343921.jpg (888 KB, 960x2648) Image search: [Google]
1435201343921.jpg
888 KB, 960x2648
>>16978607
>cvpi
Of all the fucking cars he could look at?
>cvpi for track and rally
>>
>>16977003
Fuck I gotta try rock climbing again now that I'm out of college with some disposable income.

Thanks anon!
>>
>>16976993
I garden
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.