[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you make a relationship exciting again?It's only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
How do you make a relationship exciting again?It's only been 6 months in and some of the fire went down a bit after constantly being together and doing everything together. We still love each other though, but I want it to be fun again.
>>
Sounds like your relationship has moved a bit too fast. Also at 6 months atm and it feels as if we just started dating. Maybe spend a bit less time together and instead go on proper dates again? Take the pace down a notch
>>
>>16976561
Actually we broke up for 2 months after being together for 4 months and now we're back to being on again. So basically we were just picking up what we started. Yeah, I've considered spending less time together but we're colleagues so we see each other often and sometimes eat lunch or do our homework together
>>
>>16976592
Sounds like this isn't the real deal dude... Why did you break up?
>>
>>16976597
Immature reasons, for sure. We're both our first everythings, and I guess we didn't know how to make a relationship work at that time since we were still minors
>>
>>16976615
Oh I forgot to add LDR reasons too and we didn't have time for each other.
>>
>>16976615
Oh well... You're still very young. The main reason relationships at that age get rekt is that there is no communication and a lot of passive agressive shit instead. Try to avoid doing that. And to liven things up, go on an adventure together. Go traveling for example
>>
>>16976645
Yeah which is why we make sure to talk a lot because I know communication is important but that makes me hesitant because maybe it seems too much and it's what's making the relationship boring.

>traveling
tfw we're both broke college students
I've always wanted to travel together though
>>
>>16976662
Talking isn't automatically communicating. I can show you what i mean if you map out the last issue you fought over.

Oh well, then go on some adventures that don't cost a lot. I'm sure you can figure somehing out. A day trip is neat too. Or trying sporty stuff.
>>
>>16976544

Do the thing which first brought you that initial excitement in the first place.
Get back into that mindset by telling yourself stories as to why you were so excited to be with your partner as if it was the first time round again.

Also, introduce new ideas and experiences to your relationship. Like other anons said - travel!
This will allow you to not only grow as an individual by broadening your horizons and adding to your life experience, but it will also add depth and excitement to your relationship.

Also, remember that you're an individual first and foremost. You came into this world by yourself and you will die by yourself. So continuously develop your skills and add to your experience so that you may contribute back not only to wider society, but to any partner that you share your life with. Even if it is only a brief relationship it will still leave its mark on both parties.

Tl;dr - remember the good shit, add fun stuff, keep being a good motherfucker
>>
>>16976668
Well I ask him what he feels and other relationship related stuff. I'm doing my best.

Day trips would be considerable if it wasn't always hot as hell (i live in a tropical country). I should just probably just make a change in our routines. Sporty stuff, I'd consider. He always wanted to go jogging together
>>
>>16976544
To keep the heat up you need to nurture the fire.
Best way to do this is through cuddling and other bonding behaviors like hugging, kissing, massage and staying in close physical contact for extended period of time, preferably with a lot of skin-to-skin contact. These things will produce oxytocin the love hormone which will boost monogamous behavior and attraction towards your partner.

You could also try karezza which is a type of sexual intercourse which is non-orgasm driven sex where focus is more on bonding and making love. People behind it claim that sex is the most powerful way to produce oxytocin and that the male orgasm will cause a huge drop in oxytocin making them feel less attracted to their partners until it regains (which may take a few days). Dunno if it's placebo or some sort of pseudo science but a lot of people say it works and it doesn't really cost anything to try (besides learning some tantric stuff can make your partner go crazy)

Personally for me It's made me appreciate the actual act a lot more than the orgasm and the longer I go without one the more sensitive I become eventually making even the smallest movements while connected feel heavenly and the eventual orgasm feel downright divine. Personally the longest I've gone is only a few days but I can guess it only gets better if you can go on for like a week. Probably wouldn't go for much longer than that though because don't think it's too good for the prostrate to go on for months without orgasm and adapting to more infrequent orgasms can cause some blue balls early on so it's good to take things more slower.
>>
>>16976693

>>16976687 here

What country?
Good that you're keeping an open mind to change.
Jogging is cool, even something like tennis or swimming can be fun. Gym/Crossfit is cool too.

As for travel doesn't have to be something extravagant. Even a weekend away that you can save towards or an overseas backpacking trip that you can work together with a long-term goal on would be fun.
>>
>>16976713
We don't cuddle and do much physical contact that much anymore because we rarely have time to be alone together. I'll try to look up Karezza. We don't want to overdo sex because it might become less special.

>>16976722
Phillippines. This year, the temperature actually reached 42 C or above which is probably the hottest this country has been.

Maybe after we graduate we could do an overseas trip but it's less likely to happen while we're still studying. I'm thinking more of stuff that's easier to do
>>
>>16976544
>constantly being together and doing everything together

You need some time apart.

You need some away time.

You need some alone time.

How are you supposed to miss each other or long for each other if you're ALWAYS together?
>>
>>16976762

Maybe indoor sports or swimming could be more fun.

Would you guys consider emigrating together after you're done with college?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.