[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend left me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 242x208) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 242x208
I am 20, yesterday my girlfriend for a year and a half, my first girlfriend, my first I love you, my first kiss and whom I lose my virginity to left me. I am in a state like I just witnessed a genocide, no tears, no taking to anyone, just watching soulless to the infinite void wherever I go and also with the desire to punch and strangle every girl I see. When is this feeling going to go away, how could I speed the process?
>>
There is no speeding the process. It's hard. Keep moving forward--you can push yourself for steps you may not be ready for, but that could easily backfire down the line (like a new relationship, etc).

Feel the feels as they come. Appreciate what was and how you've grown.
>>
>>16976556
Thank you, I really needed some words
>>
>>16976533
Find something to occupy your time, but not something that simply gives you an escape. I highly suggest refraining from rushing into another relationship, as it will most likely end quickly, and only delay the healing process.

Get a hobby, or find some way to better yourself. Learn an instrument, try a sport, or -my favorite- start lifting weights. It will keep you busy while allowing you to work through the emotions as they come. And believe me, they will come soon; the shell shock phase is temporary.

Godspeed, OP
>>
>>16976663
Being busy is good. And focusing on others. Take this as an opportunity to learn and grow.
>>
>>16976533
>also with the desire to punch and strangle every girl I see. When is this feeling going to go away

It doesn't.

Don't start drinking though, you'll never stop. Well I mean you will stop when you pass out, but you'll be back at it again the next day.
>>
>>16976807
I can relate to what he said. My girlfriend just left me and i'm drinking, makes you forget and happy but you feel like shit when you sober up. 8days bingedrinking now. Just got off work, going home to drink.
>>
>>16976926

When you drink you borrow tomorrow's happiness to feel today.
>>
>>16976940
I know and i like the feeling. I just hope not to become addicted
>>
>>16976533
I'm sorry for what you're going though OP. Take a drive. Listen to music. Remember the good times and grieve the relationship. Appreciate life. You are here and the world is your fucking oyster. Although right now it feels like the end of the world, over time it will get a lot easier. Right now is the easy part. The hardest part is letting go.
>>
>>16976533
Get into a really good sleeping pattern where you go to bed early and wake up early. The nights are the hardest, being alone with no one to talk to.
During your days really try to get shit done- do all the chores you've been putting off, finish that to-do list, take a walk, or really delve into your work.
Hang out with friends often and avoid being by yourself.
Overall just surround yourself with positive things that make YOU happy, this is the time in your life where you can enjoy yourself if you continually make an effort. It's so easy to fall back into self hate and make yourself miserable, don't let it happen.
There's a reason it didn't work out, keep reminding yourself of that like it's your mantra.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.