[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hard times
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 700x714) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 700x714
So, it seems to be common ground that the one thing that deepens a relationship the most and makes love grow is if you get trough difficulties together. But, what is the definition of "difficulties"? Can you give me examples from your own experiences anons?
>>
>>16976474
It's different for every couple.

We lost our home in a fire. Had to totally start over. My mom and my wife's mom both died within 1 yr of each other. We have a child with a disability. And I have to travel and sometimes relocate a lot for my job. I started having issues with alcohol and depression, was and still am an asshole. Almost cheated once. My wife is wonderful though. She's the glue. I would have never gotten so far in my life without her. I truly believe that. She knows how to handle me and she always picks me up when I get down or start on the wrong path. She's stuck with me through all my bullshit. I love her more than anything and the love I feel for her now is much deeper than when we first got married.
>>
>>16976496
That's a wonderfull story anon... Thanks for sharing it. Do you think a couple can be as deeply in love if no hardships come up (for whatever reason), as a couple that went trough a lot of trial?
>>
>>16976506
Absolutely.
>>
>>16976514
Well, are things that can be challenging (like living together, having kids) not enough?
>>
Hard times are relative. Becoming one, being a team, always leaning into each other--whatever you are facing, as long as you do it together, you grow.
>>
>>16976538
Marriage in its own is tough enough without hard times. Tough times don't define a relationship or a marriage. They aren't things you really want to look forward too. Tough times happen to many, some breeze through life without any problems. But I can guarantee you that something always happens. The good or bad scale is different for every person and couple. When your married your spouses problems or issues become your own. It's easier to leave when everything is going wrong and hard. When you choose to stay and tough things out together that's what can deepen the relationship. Choosing to stay when it would be so easy to leave.
>>
>>16976496
That's tough. What's the kids disability if you don't mind me asking.
>>
>>16976676
Blind
>>
Getting through it is good, but getting through it via mutual effort and support is what you might be thinking of there.

My girlfriend wasn't really able to handle it when I was diagnosed with cancer and she wasn't able to provide much beyond sympathetic conversation and the occasional offer of a visit.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bitter about it, there were a lot of tough days.
>>
If you were brought up in a normal religious home, not fanatical religious, but normal religious, then you would understand trial, and tribulation much better and how it serves a higher purpose.

Like when your girlfriend dresses like a hooker, or wears makeup, you would see the big picture. A fanatic may want to tell her to cover herself when she goes out, or an atheist might say "damn she look hot, dudes are gonna drool all over her" but those of us with common sense recognize it for what it is.
She's being a whore, plain and simple. I don't have a right to tell her what she can and cannot wear, I can only control my own actions, and logically dump that slut.
Getting over this difficulty can make your relationship better.
Communicate, tell her how you feel. Maybe she saw prostitutes dressed like that on television, and thought it was normal.
Don't be judgmental, it is not our place to judge. Prostitutes are neither good nor evil, just let her know that you don't want to be with one. Trying to control her is not the answer, it will only make her want to sin more.
If she wants to be with you, she will throw away the makeup, and slutty clothes, and dress like a lady.
Your relationship improves, because now that she dresses appropriately, she not having orgasms all day long because of all the attention she was getting from men. Instead of being uninterested in sex, she's horny and wants to procreate with you.
win-win for both of you. she's not a slave, who has to sleep with you as an obligation, she wants to sleep with you of her own free will.

If she choose to keep wearing make-up, then put her things out on the street so she can be a whore.
>>
>>16976748
Whaz could she have done to be a bigger help?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.