[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ I was in Israel this winter and I was about 50 yards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_nmt81k9xUd1qeawfqo1_500.jpg (88 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmt81k9xUd1qeawfqo1_500.jpg
88 KB, 500x667
Hey /adv/

I was in Israel this winter and I was about 50 yards from a terrorist attack on a Cafe. Look up Dizengoff cafe shooting for video if you want.

I did not see the shooter but I heard the gunfire and ran to safety in a house down the street.

This was the first time in my life I didn't try to help someone in need. A few years ago I pulled a man from a burning car that had been halved by an 18 wheeler.

Sometimes now I feel like some people died in that cafe because I didn't run towards the attack. Many people bled to death because the ambulance took a while to get there. I know first aid and emergency trama care as well.

I know next time I will go right in to help, but should I feel guilty?

Pic not related
>>
No. It wasn't you who opened fire on random people at a cafe. You protected yourself, and that's fine. You don't have to be a hero, and not rushing to the sound of gunfire isn't something to feel guilty about.
>>
>>16975011
If you didn't have a gun, there's nothing you could have done. Running towards the gunfire without anything to defend yourself would have gotten yourself killed. Running towards safety when you hear gunshots was a natural thing to do.
>>
>>16975011
>Sometimes now I feel like some people died in that cafe because I didn't run towards the attack.
Running towards the attack only works when you are already VERY close to the attacker: close enough that he can't get his bearings on you before you're on top of him. If you were across the street, you were too far away. The only thing you'd have accomplished is getting yourself killed.
>>
>>16975063
I don't mean to stop him, his gun was out of ammo anyway. He only had that one magazine.

I mean running to help the people who were hurt.
>>
>>16975068
You never know in these situations. That guy only had one mag, but if he didn't you'd have been fucked. What if he had a buddy just waiting for first responders? Suicide vest? When you hear gunfire, there's no telling what the situation is. You could have run straight for the wounded, immediately tried to help, and then gotten popped by a second shooter.
>>
>>16975102
I feel like that is better than running like a coward just like all the other people.

If I was dying I would want someone to help me.
>>
If you've never heard of it, what you're experiencing is called Survivor's Guilt. While not healthy, it's not uncommon in traumatic situations like this. Try to not let it weigh down on you. Like other posters have said, you did the right thing in defending yourself.
>>
File: 1448210057146-2.png (522 KB, 707x572) Image search: [Google]
1448210057146-2.png
522 KB, 707x572
Assuming this is bait, but I can't feel sad when I hear about genocidal Jewish colonials dying.
>>
File: 1448841427668-1.jpg (65 KB, 1180x1187) Image search: [Google]
1448841427668-1.jpg
65 KB, 1180x1187
At least they were fully aware they had it coming :^)
>>
>>16975211
>>16975223
t. Ahmed
>>
>>16975068
>I don't mean to stop him, his gun was out of ammo anyway. He only had that one magazine.
Did you know that at the time? COULD you have known it at the time? Absent that kind of knowledge, you did the only reasonable thing to do.
>>
File: 1443910416664.jpg (117 KB, 581x777) Image search: [Google]
1443910416664.jpg
117 KB, 581x777
>>16975233
Actually I'm a fedora
>>
>>16975180
It's natural to want to help people in distress. When they teach people what to do for shooters, they really stress that the first people there are NOT there to help them. The first people there are there to kill the shooter. When they teach military what to do in the event of wounded friendlies, it's that helping the wounded comes AFTER the area is cleared of hostile fire. Don't run out to grab your buddy and disregard the enemy fire. As much as you want to help, running into a situation like that is not the best idea. If it's a natural disaster, the danger is only what you see. If it's a person causing the danger, priority is neutralizing the danger to prevent further victims. You're not that piece of the puzzle.

You're no good to anyone if you're just adding to the casualty count anyway. You could have been another person shot, with paramedics treating you instead of one of the other victims.
>>
>>16975305
Hmm maybe you guys are right. And it's not exactly survivors guilt.

To the trolls posting Jews and Muslims: I'm not Jewish or Muslim or Christian. I was visiting on business. Also the people who died were mostly young Israelis who are not anything like you think. Most of them are atheist.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.