[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you survive as an introvert in an extrovert driven society?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1449942527885.jpg (211 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1449942527885.jpg
211 KB, 1024x768
How do you survive as an introvert in an extrovert driven society?
>>
>>16974984

everyone in the world has to make some amount of sacrifice to exist, but is capable of streamlining their life.

define what you mean by introvert and how the extroverts prevent you from doing this and then well tell you how to 'survive' that.
>>
>>16974984
I hate being around a lot of people I'm not close to.

It makes me tired, at the end of the day I'm wiped out.

But I never show it at work, if I'm giving a presentation, if I have to communicate with people.

I honestly just suck it up until I get home and find really good methods of relaxing. Home is my zen.

The rewards that keep me going are my paycheck, being able to pay rent, being able to buy what I want. All I have to do is do a nonpreffered and tiring activity for 8 hours a day, five days a week; then I'm in the clear.
>>
>>16974999
Well extroverts thrive in social situations and are great with getting friends and dating. As an introvert I have to exert so much energy just to make it through one conversation. I just wanna have an easier time dealing with people.
>>
>>16975006
But don't you just get frustrated dealing having to exert so much energy just to do the same things other people can do by nature? Making conversation is easy but when it comes to hanging out, it's hard to keep friends interested.
>>
>>16975015
I deal with the hand I've been dealt.

I'm not envious of extroverts. I like being an introvert. As I said, I have my zen at home. Home fulfills me like social outings fulfill extroverts.

As for friends, I don't have many. And all of them are introverts too. So yea, I'd invite them over a few times a month so we can hang out and talk. But I like talking to them in my home or in their home. Or we just go to a calm restaurant and hang out.

I'm not an envious recluse, I just have a different, less exciting way of socializing. But it's still fulfilling. There is no void.
>>
It doesn't get easier.

I have a degree, work an office job, and can afford a mortgage on my own home.

But I have no friends, get bullied at work, and get paid 30% less than the H1Bs
>>
You make an effort to make up for your shortcomings. Society doesn't owe you anything, if you don't try to deal with what you have then you're going to fall behind. No one is going to make an effort to fix you, you've got to do it yourself
>>
>>16975009

so dont deal with people. find a job that isnt particularly social. introverts can survive bsuiness contact, you're just being a pussy if having to talk to a client on the phone about business hurts you.

introverts like spending their free time alone. probably dont want to work directly with others at work, but would be just fine talking.

you are being dramatic.
>>
>>16975026

>but i have no friends

isnt that what you want? or are you an extravert being forced to live an introvert life!?
>>
I deal with it the best I can.

Not only am I introverted but I'm also extremely shy and have quite a bit of social anxiety.

Leaving my house and going into crowded public places isn't something I enjoy doing at all. Luckily my job only requires me to work about 5 hours a day and I have a lot of time off.

I don't make much money but that's not an issue since I still live with my parents.
>>
>>16975047

you should join tumblr.
>>
"Society" is not extrovert driven.

Humans are.
>>
>>16975047
I do the same thing. I live with my parents and work about 24 hours a week at a pretty isolated job. It helps with my anxiety but I still feel incredibly lonely and wish I had some friends.
>>
>>16975043
I am introverted not asocial, at least not asocial by nature.
>>
Learn to fake it, then go home and sleep. I'm able to be super polite and get along with almost anyone for short periods of time. It took a lot of practice, a lot of trial and error. I was a receptionist for five years and spent the first two too uncomfortable to carry a conversation or look people in the eye, and I would go to sleep on my lunch breaks because I was just so exhausted from dealing with people. It's a wonder I wasn't fired.
>>
>>16975053
Why Tumblr?

I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>16975076
Wow that sounds real rough, I could never imagine working at a job like that. I understand you have to fake it but I've always wanted a big family with lots of children and I'm worried just faking it isn't gonna get me there.
>>
>>16974984
You don't
You constantly have to change a bit it sucks but it's true for everyone
>>
>>16974984
I became Christian. It helped a lot.

http://pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW
>>
>>16974984
What anime?
>>
>>16975319
Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight
>>
All you have to do is understand that shy and introverted are not the same thing.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.