[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I make the most out of my 20s? >turning 20 in a few
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 481x247) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 481x247
How do I make the most out of my 20s?

>turning 20 in a few months
>unemployed
>still living at home
>terrified I'll still be 25, living at home, and wasting my life
>>
>>16974813
Get a job
Move out of home
>>
>>16974822
This. Doing it right now. No friends. It's hard but it's better than doing nothing
>>
>>16974813

people who have this fear have it because they have no plan. if you dont have a plan you wont move out and 'getting employed' isnt a plan unless you knwo exactly waht kind of job you are going for and how it will help you in the future.

people think 'oh ill get a job and then go back to school and do this or htat and the third'

but they enver set a REAL schedule. if you want to go to school why arent you? money? how much money do you need? can you get a part time job to fund that, or a full time job to save up for that?

decide what you want to do, figure out how you have to do it, and then do step one today.
>>
>>16974839
Pretty much this. I kept the job I had after high school and just sort of floated for years. Living between roommates and moving back in with my parents, getting drunk every night.

It was only until I met my wife that I started getting my life in gear.
>>
>>16974839
I recently moved to another state with a family member and I have to wait 12 months for the residency tuition.

I have $7,300 in savings and have been to several job interviews.
>>
>>16974851

cool. SO if you know what you want to study, and it takes 4 years to complete the program, but you need 1 year to wait for residency tuition (and save). on top of that, use this year to explore a personal side of you, try a new hobby, a new art, a new passion. get fit before going to college so when you get there you're nice and buff. consider interning or getting entry levle jobs or volunteering in the field you wish to study, that way you can know for sure it sthe right path for you.

and when all else fails, audit.
>>
>>16974813
>Do as much drugs as you can
>Drink excessively
>Fuck as many people as often as you can
>Lie
>Cheat
>Steal
>Adventure
You do all of that you'll have a great 20s. You'll have the rest of your adult life to be a fuddy duddy responsible adult.
>>
I'd say get a job and find a place even with a roommate and hit the dating hard.
>>
Bumping this thread because I AM 25, living at home, stuck with depression and consequences.
>>
File: 1454696310447.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1454696310447.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
>>16974865
Have fun being a responsible adult in jail, you reckless sociopath.
>>
>>16974959
Wake up, shower, brush teeth, put on clothes, go for a walk.

Do the same thing the next day.

Do it every day for a week, for a month, for 6 months, for a year.

Then apply for a job doing anything.
>>
>>16974813
Just don't have kids prematurely and you'll be alright.
>>
i just turned 28 and still live at "home." i mean it's me, my mom, and my sister. we split all the bills. it works for us. i live in a really expensive area. i work full-time
>>
>>16975196
You'd be surprised how much this helps.

Also, keep yourself and your space clean. The more you let yourself and your space get filthy, the worse you feel, and because you feel worse people tend to avoid doing things and it just spirals out of control.

You'll feel better when you are clean and your surroundings are clean. You'll feel better being put-together rather than sitting in dirty pajamas.

Aim to do at least one productive thing a day. When you can handle that, make it two. Then three. Keep slowly adding onto your day until you find a good medium of getting things done but not overworking yourself. Start small, start slow, and make it a habit. It's much easier to maintain a habit when you don't try to do everything at once from the get-go. That exhausts you. You don't lift 300 lbs when you haven't exercised in years. You build up to it slowly, adding more weight as you get stronger.
>>
>>16974813
I turn 30 next year. My advice to you is don't rush life. You'll be pressured into doing something with your life but you have lots of time. Party, have fun and explore while your in your early twenties before you have any real responsibilities but be prepared to get a direction and get your shit together by about 25. This way you can have irresponsible fun to look back on but you don't get stuck at the ass end of your twenties feeling like your wasting your life and have a future midlife crisis on your hands. This is coming from my own experience and the experience of the people I see around me both older and younger.
>>
>>16974813
>terrified I'll still be 25, living at home, and wasting my life
This is me. What worse is that i haven't really enjoyed my 20's at all. I've done next to fucking nothing and experienced almost zip.

I've saved about 30 grand doing my shitty dead end job, but even thats pretty pathetic.
>>
>>16974813
What about studying or going to the university?
>>
>>16975619
See >>16974858

>>16975600
30 grand is more than enough to move out or take classes at a community college
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.