[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fucked up a wee bit. My girlfriend had introduced me to smoking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1457446652662.jpg (64 KB, 609x563) Image search: [Google]
1457446652662.jpg
64 KB, 609x563
I fucked up a wee bit. My girlfriend had introduced me to smoking and for a while both of us have been smoking, but she can control it while i smoke like half a pack a day. I promised her that I'd only buy a pack when i was with her. But like today, I was stressed as fuck so i went and bought a pack and told her about it. I know this might seem like a petty issue to you guys but she's pretty pissed, what do i do, /adv/?

>pic unrelated
>>
>>16973291
>smoking regularly
>expecting to not be hooked
OK cool denying reality
>she gets you into smoking
>yet doesn't want you smoking
Talk to each other about your shit
>>
Why is she pissed? Why are you making "promises" on dumb arbitrary shit like this, that really isn't any of her business? She's your girlfriend. You don't have to give her control over every aspect of your life. You just have to treat her well and not fuck other girls. That's the "deal."
>>
If you want to smoke, do it. However in the long run it is a terrible mistake and you should try quitting now sooner than later. Every day you continue makes it that much harder to do it when you really need to later.
>>
>>16973291
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TV_128Fz2g
>>
>>16973303
I>>16973309
She's just looking out for me, sortof.
She feels guilty that she introduced it to me so she's trying to limit how much i smoke. Its just the promise thing that's an issue. She feels like she cant trust me if i dont keep my word.
>>
>>16973315
thanks anon, i understand, ill do so.
>>
>>16973318
Hahaha, yeah I've heard this before. Describes my situation in a way
>>
Lol, you should have made her quit rather than start smoking yourself, I mean what the hell, that's one of the worst things you could hook on, and what could also serve as something of a mending process, as a couple
>>
>>16973322
You are, literally, addicted. Apologize for breaking your word, but ask her to understand.

As a smoker, I suggest you quit. It is Hell, and I want to go back in time and kick the shit out of myself for starting. I would then, literally, fuck myself while knocked out, to drive the point home.

Besides the health issues, if you really want to disgust yourself, calculate how much you spend on cigarettes a week, month, and year.
>>
>>16973322

Protip: You are in a stupid relationship right now.
>>
File: image_5.jpg (27 KB, 480x424) Image search: [Google]
image_5.jpg
27 KB, 480x424
>>16973340
>>16973341
Thanks anons. Ill quit from now on. Like actually quit. Ill apologize to her and let her know that I'm done with smoking for good.
Thanks everyone for helping out. Will try to be less autistic next time.
>>
>>16973341
>I want to go back in time and kick the shit out of myself for starting.

Don't we all? Damn it. I just had to hang out with the cool guys back in highschool, didn't I? Fuck.
>>
>>16973351
You listening to my advice just made my day, brother.

Good luck with your girl, and quitting.
>>
>>16973291
>I was stressed as fuck so i went and bought a pack
Here's your main problem.
You're using it as a coping mechanism.

You need to find a healthy way to deal with stress. Or at least a non-destructive way. Here's some ideas:

>Take a long shower/bath
>Meditate
>Go for a walk/run
>Do some bodyweight exercises
>Cook yourself a real meal
>Go out to eat somewhere you love
>Have a cup of tea
>Watch an episode of two of TV
>Play some video games
>Call one of your friends to chat
>Get some fresh air
>Pet a cat
>Clean your kitchen

When I was quiting some low-key smoking, here's what I did:
When I had the urge to smoke, I made myself a really hot cup of tea. Hot enough that I couldn't drink it right away. I would go outside to my smoking spot and hold my tea. I would breathe in the steam and look around the outdoors.

I realized that a lot of what I enjoyed about smoking was the meditative time that I spent outside. How I had a moment where I wasn't expected to do anything until that cigarette was up. So instead I replaced that with a cup of tea. The heat would force me to be patient to let it cool rather than chugging it.

Good luck, OP. Take care of yourself.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.