[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there so many guys killing themselves over >tfw no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10
File: image.png (85 KB, 1400x1011) Image search: [Google]
image.png
85 KB, 1400x1011
Why are there so many guys killing themselves over >tfw no gf but no equivalent for girls?
>>
File: ScreenShot007.jpg (44 KB, 744x457) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot007.jpg
44 KB, 744x457
it's almost as if being a woman is far easier than being a man in western society
>>
2015 men are officially became the weaker sex.

2016 men are ultra cuck.
>>
File: BCMJ_53Vol10_suicide_fig1.jpg (49 KB, 612x445) Image search: [Google]
BCMJ_53Vol10_suicide_fig1.jpg
49 KB, 612x445
>>16972426
in most western countries men aged 15-39 are more likely to kill themselves than any source of fatality for women
remember to donate to cure breast cancer
>>
>>16972426
>>16972441
Women actually attempt suicide more often than men do, but tend to do so in ways which are less successful.

>unlike you people I actually know things
>>
File: pulpfiction.gif (391 KB, 1036x3182) Image search: [Google]
pulpfiction.gif
391 KB, 1036x3182
>>16972421
read from left to right.
>>
>>16972443
once again men are far better than women at something
>>
>>16972421
because more males are retarded
>>
>>16972443
>Women actually attempt suicide more often than men do,
women are more likely to be attention whores and take a handful of aspirin calling it a suicide attempt*
>>
>>16972445
Yeah, if you consider 'being better at suicide' to be a positive trait. (It's not.).
>>
Guys have it harder to pick up at the 15-30 age but their attractiveness increases as they age and as they gain power, status, money.

Whereas women have it easier in their twenties to gain a partner but as they age their value decreases , in the eyes of men, because their beauty fades.

That's why smart women usually get more intelligent, wiser, become wife-material in order to have it easier at older age in finding a mate.

Intelligent men in their twenties need to show women confidence, leadership, dominance, virtues that are hard to grasp at an age where you need to get your shit together in spite of the hassle that video games, school, childhood problems, depresion,...etc brings.
>>
File: qt.jpg (227 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
qt.jpg
227 KB, 467x700
>>16972445
males are even better than women at being women lel
>>
>>16972445
All suicides are a cry for attention.

Failing suicide will get you more attention then a successful suicide.

Again women being smarter than us guys.
>>
>>16972455
>All suicides are a cry for attention.
no they're not
>Again women being smarter than us guys.
statistically, men make up the massive majority of all geniuses. A woman who will earn a field medal in mathematics is born every ~227 years based on how they perform on the SAT if I remember correctly.
>>
>>16972458
Statistically, men make up about 70% of the world's geniuses.

They're also worse at math. There is, however, more to life than IQ scores and mathematical ability.
>>
File: 1292348234923912.gif (46 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1292348234923912.gif
46 KB, 250x250
>>16972458
oop found my source
http://www.lagriffedulion.f2s.com/math.htm

It's well cited and has all the math there if you want to verify it yourself, it was 103 years apparently.
the probability that a woman will even be a part of the Putnam Fellows(top 5 in the putnam competition) in a single decade is 20%
>>
>>16972458
>us guys = geniuses
someone has a big ego.

And yes suicides are for attention.
>>
>>16972465
>They're also worse at math.
No, they're not. Your conflating averages with median.
Overall women and men do about the same at math.
Individually, women almost always fall near the middle and men either fall at the bottom or the top.
>Statistically, men make up about 70% of the world's geniuses.
define genius
>>
>>16972455
>All suicides are a cry for attention.
No, there's a lot of people that just don't want to be around anymore. A suicide performed so that intervention before death is impossible (read: hanging, gunshot) tends not to be a cry for help so much as plain lack of a will to live. Attempted suicide through something like an overdose on whatever can be found in the medicine cabinet followed by calls to friends, family, and medical professionals are a different story.
>>
>>16972472
>>16972467
>>
>>16972474
saying "yes I'm right" doesn't make you right
are you so full of yourself that you can't imagine some people simply don't want to be alive?
>>
>>16972472
If suicides weren't a cry for attention there would be more successful suicides than suicide attempts.
>>
File: Actually read it like this.gif (577 KB, 1036x3182) Image search: [Google]
Actually read it like this.gif
577 KB, 1036x3182
>>16972444
>>
File: readImage.jpg (25 KB, 502x391) Image search: [Google]
readImage.jpg
25 KB, 502x391
>>16972470
>Overall women and men do about the same at math.
kekerino
>>
File: large.png (183 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
large.png
183 KB, 500x600
>>16972467
So the guy in his tiny apartment building who rarely goes out, doesn't keep in contact with his family, drinks too much, doesn't have any friends, plays video games, takes anti-deps, trying to keep his ailing mind from finally snapping apart. And then it snaps apart, he's tired of his existence. So he makes a nice bath, cuts his wrists and that's it.
What a desperate call for attention that was, this is even a pretty common way for people to go, more common than you'd like to admit.
Fine, be like that. Believe that people are just desperate for attention when they are mentally ill and alone. Pretend that they are just lazy and make excuses for themselves when they can't even get up from their bed. It's fine, your opinion doesn't matter, they'll still die, you'll still be a bitter a piece of shit on this image board.
>Yes, I am projecting
>>
>>16972479
read>>16972472
>>
>>16972484
nah, the whole point is the non linearity of narrative (much like pulp fiction or Memento) but yeah that's what happened chronologically.
>>
The WHO estimates that globally there are at least 20 suicide attempts for every success, meaning that there are least 20m, yes, 20million, attempted suicides every year - and rising.

And you honestly expect me to believe that 20m people can't kill themselves and they aren't just doing for attention?
>>
>>16972491
I like this comic too but come on.
>>
>>16972509
>hurr durr the WHO estimates x don't succeed
>that must mean none of them want to die and they're all attention whores

You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>16972467
Maybe they're cries for attention for cunts like you, but not everybody. Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>16972510
well that's what the creator at /r9k/ told me.
>>
>>16972516
So 20 million people can't tie a knot properly or find a high enough building?

Or 1 million just take their cry for attention that one step too far?
>>
I've actually attempted suicide, and can safely say that I have never done it for attention. I also used to cut myself -- again, not for attention (it made me feel better.).

The reasons that I attempted suicide are somewhat complex, but to put it as simply as I can, I was severely mentally ill, fourteen years old, didn't know how to cope with what I was going through and felt extremely hopeless, so I tried to strangle myself with an iPod cord and was -- thank God -- terrible at knots.
>>
>>16972530
Or, how about, now this is crazy, there's a lot of people who "attempt" suicide for attention, and there's people who succeed because they are no longer interested in life.

I'm not denying the fact that many attempts are cries for attention and I'm sure many who have ended their own lives had no true intention of doing so, but to assume all are cries for attention is totally absurd.
>>
because we are more crazy, impulsive and autistic than women
>>
I think there's more pressure on men to be sexual or in a relationship by society, or to not "show emotions" or look like a "pussy" which usually tends to bottle up and just explode.

On the other side women are conditioned to believe that they need compliments or attention to feel good about themselves, that or they are usually more comfortable being able to release their emotions which is why there would be some sort of outburst, which might seem like a cry for attention, but they realize it's not actually what they want

but everyone is different, I remember reading somewhere about how there is a larger percentage of men that go through with suicide and it's usually through a no turning back method, such as guns, jumping off a building, etc. Whereas women tend to turn towards things more like overdosing or bleeding out through self-inflicted wounds. Which could be another reason why more men succumb to suicide, based on the methods they choose.

Anyways interesting subject, remember suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
>>
>>16972426
Well i knew two women that killed themselves.

Well one was a teenager, she hanged herself when she was 13 because she was raped by some boys in her class. In her letter to her parents she thought that they would never love her again, since she had been raped.

The other one had mental problems and cut herself, she did cut her own throat. She was really pretty, did some model work for various magazines.
>>
File: tumblr_mqcyatLdG71rwmbofo1_401.jpg (289 KB, 556x780) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqcyatLdG71rwmbofo1_401.jpg
289 KB, 556x780
>>16972454
Yikes, not that one though.
>>
>>16972449
How is being bad at suicide a good trait though?
>>
>>16972421

cuz they grew up with the idea that you arent happy unless you are dating, and that it doesnt actually matter how you feel about someone you need them there so you dont feel lonely (despite whining that the relationship is awful when its happening).

they think they need someone to 'share' their life with, letting life completely pass them by while they whine about it.
>>
>>16973733
Not dying is generally positive.
>>
>>16973798
But why?
>>
>>16972421
women are more likely to seek help with mental issues
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.