[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TL;DR - Ran away from home, scared and sad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: unnamed.png (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
17 KB, 300x300
>18 years old
>Filipino
>Conservative Christians
>Live with parents while looking for a job.
>Spend night at friends'. Play DnD, get wasted, and do stupid shit.
>Go home the next day, parents ask if I had fun.
>Say yes. Mention offhandedly how we ended up staying up until around 5, and woke up at 11.
>For some reason, dad blows up about it, lectures me about how sleeping late can ruin my life.
>Ask him why he thinks it's okay to not let me finish what I'm saying and nitpick whatever deems "bad" and rant about it. I snap back at him. He then starts saying shit about how I probably drink and do drugs with my friends.
>Mom (who apparently has been upset all day about how I didn't stay home), threatens to stab me (knife and all) if I didn't stop talking back. I give my phone back to them and tell them I wish they'd just let me die when I was a kid if they weren't willing to trust me.
>Get punched pretty hard by dad (I don't bruise easy).
>Go upstairs, pack whatever shit they can't claim as theirs, and leave the house.
>Friend picks me up and takes me back to his place with his boyfriend.
>Depression and anxiety make it near-impossible to not bawl my eyes out, but I manage.

What do I do now? I feel lost and alone (my partner's 17 and has super-uptight parents, and as I said, I've been diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety).
>>
Sounds pretty fucked up to be quite honest. Your parents will not ever see you the same if you go back. Also it'll be hard to stay at your mate's place.
Do you go to school? Do you have a job?
I would actually say you should make a decision if you even want to go back home at all.
>>
>>16971952
OP here. I'm currently in community college, originally Nursing major, but switched to Psychology because helping professor with research gives me a decent amount of money sooner. I'm also looking for jobs, but the area I live only has good entry-level jobs if you have a proper address to give.
>>
>>16971969
And to add, I don't plan on going back home, but I forgot to bring shoes because my dad was chasing me out of the house. Just a minor detail I left out.
>>
>>16971973
Can you support yourself in the event that you have to live alone? I'd say you're pretty much fine to start a new life. You just need some form of support. You have any sane and understanding family members who would go beyond the call for you? That would help a lot. You'd be able to find a place to live and you could probably start working a part time job etc.
Don't worry too much, you're very young and life will work out if you put the right amount of effort, make your own opportunities and h make the best job links.
>>
Try getting a job on a cruise ship or as a housecleaner, philipino's seem to have the market pretty much sewn up at these things.
>>
>>16971973
>>16971969

Does your college have any social program or something like that? Maybe you should go talk to your dean and see if he can help, maybe get you a dorm room for free.

What do you mean by proper address?
>>
If your buddy will let you, use his address for now. Work work work (multiple jobs if needed) till you make enough money to get on your feet and get your own place. It's gonna suck at first and you'll struggle but you will no longer have to answer to your parents and live by their rules.
>>
>>16971930
You can't mooch off your friend forever. You'll have to find a way to support yourself. Ask around if someone can help you get a job? You're old enough to live on your own but you need a way to get by.
>>
>>16971930
>>Live with parents while looking for a job.
>>Spend night at friends'. Play DnD, get wasted, and do stupid shit.

While your parents sound like overreacting drama idiots it's so obvious you were going to be ending up as a NEET.
>>
>>16973080
He did mention he's Filipino. Filipino kids don't leave home when they turn 18. They stay with family until they find a stable job. Some even stay even if they already have a stable job to continue supporting the family they grew up in. It's in their culture. Most kids only leave home when they're about to get married and start their own family
>>
>>16972012
As I said, I have some semblance of a job helping my professor with research, and I'm also trying to get as many jobs as I can (don't really have anything to do in my off-time, unless friends want to fuck around.)

>>16973001
That's the tricky part, no dorms or anything, and most of their social programs require some sort of verification that I'm not a dependent. My parents refuse to let me go easily because they're scared as hell that I'm going to rat them out first chance I get (hella abusive, constant physical abuse, the works.)

>>16973036
I don't plan on mooching off my friend, in fact we spent over half an hour at the bus depot arguing as to why I should stay with them for the time being instead of leaving (I just wanted to get out of here.)

>>16973080
I've got a pretty decent plan, parents are just hella overbearing and want to control everything that's happening because as I said, they're scared that any deviation from their plan for me will result in their reputation being compromised (Dad's a deacon at the church we go to [I'm agnostic, but lots of physical and emotional abuse has led to me being hush-hush about it.])

>>16973429
I planned on staying to support my family, yes. I have 4 sisters, and I'd rather have my parents beating me instead of them, considering they're all super vulnerable, with 2 being sickly and one being 8 years old.

I'm contemplating going back and apologizing, but I'm also scared of what my mom will do and what my dad will let her get away with. She's already dislocated my wrist back when we lived in the Philippines, and that was just for spending an hour too long at a friend's house.
>>
>>16973593
Do your parents treat your siblings the same way they treat you?
>>
>>16973609
Fortunately, no. Everytime they get into a fight, I just make sure to get parent's attention so I get beat instead of them. Never had my life threatened with a knife before, though.
>>
Go to the police station and make your parents miserable by sending them to jail for assaulting you.
>>
>>16973633
Yep, this is what you should do right now, fuck 'em.
>>
>>16973633
Don't want sisters getting separated, since we have no immediate family here. Shit will break them apart, and I don't want that on my head.
>>
>>16971930
get a job, become independent, life starts now kid.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.