[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get a real life friend? I'm 26
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1454168582977.png (7 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
1454168582977.png
7 KB, 251x201
How do I get a real life friend?
I'm 26
>>
>>16971823
Go to groups n shit
>>
File: 1457328578924.png (925 KB, 563x597) Image search: [Google]
1457328578924.png
925 KB, 563x597
Friends are overrated. I've basically alienated all of mine except like 2 and I'm also an alcoholic.

I've never been happier (not actually) but hey, who really cares

Get a dog

pic related, a dog
>>
>>16971823
Just came from your post on /r9k/.
Honestly? If you're a student, just talk to people. And if that sounds difficult, just know that it sounds difficult to me too. But it really is that simple, once you get beyond the discomfort and learn not to take it too seriously.
>>
>>16971823
Go get a job
>>
>>16971823
Autism check. How would you start a conversation with a hypothetical coworker? What about a complete stranger?
>>
File: you alone!.jpg (100 KB, 1136x809) Image search: [Google]
you alone!.jpg
100 KB, 1136x809
>>16971823
As a student, turn to the person to your left. If there is no-one there, try your other left. Speak the fucking words, 'Wassup!'. Learn how to fucking talk. Friends take time, so day one through fifty say fucking hi. If the conversation progresses from 'Wassup' to something else, great, you're making a friend.
>>
you don't
>>
File: confidence.png (45 KB, 1634x401) Image search: [Google]
confidence.png
45 KB, 1634x401
>>16971967
>>
>>16972032
nice normie logic
>>
>>16972041
good post. i feel like thats what so many people dont get. dont expect any sort of outcome, just be as organic as possible in your interactions with others
>>
sorry op. I would be your friend. Where you live at?
>>
>>16971823
HOW TO GET FRIENDS

Don't look for friends. Look for activities and fun things to do away from the computer. Join a club, join a gym, take a "useless" CC class (cooking, art appreciation), go to shows or concerts, hang out at the comic book store.

Do something you enjoy, in the company of other people who enjoy it. You automatically have something in common, and chatting about what you're doing is natural. Eventually you'll chat about other things, or go for coffee after, or someone will suggest an event some of you can go to together.

And suddenly you have a circle of friends.
>>
>>16972041
Thanks for posting this.
>>
once i think i had friends but one day i just left them and felt nothing, i never wanted to talk to them again i dont know why maybe its because i m paranoid schizophrenic
>>
>>16971833
>except like 2

Then shut up, you still have friends. Try removing those two too and see how you'll start talking to yourself and cry to sleep every time.
>>
op here
>>16971967
I wouldn't
>>16972061
PA, USA
>>16972121
only activity I enjoy outside of my computer is probably politics I guess, but it's not really an activity
>>16972258
yeah I have zero friends at all, I haven't had any for a long time(>10 years)
>>
Get some group activity, preferably in small group, like pick up a language class or something. If you're lucky the people in the group will be similar age and friendly, talk to them, get their numbers, try to get them to hang out outside the class etc.
Another way I got friend was through finding a person who lives in the same city and has the same hobby (drawing + she likes the same animu), she turned out to be quite sociable so through her I met a few people who I can now consider my group of friends, we hang out a lot.
And another time was getting a match with a chick on Tinder, but it turned out she ain't as cute as on the pictures, but she's very sweet so we just hang out as friends like once a week or so (in this case there was some awkward sexual tension I guess but we just friendzoned each other)
>>
>>16971833
You sound like me, cept I got rid of my last online friend. I drink too much and it upsets him.
>>
>>16972258

>>16973093 again

Being alone is nice. I don't have to pretend around people or anything.

I don't have to worry about embarrassing myself at all, and trust me by the way you sound you are probably as embarrassing as me around people.
>>
You talk to the people around you and you ask them to do stuff with you ie smoke, get some food, drink
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.