[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you date someone with serious political differences than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (149 KB, 750x773) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149 KB, 750x773
Would you date someone with serious political differences than yourself?

What advice would you give to someone who would?
>>
Depends on how those political views bleed into their daily life.

My advice would be to not sell out just for the sake of avoiding conflict. That should be possible while still maintaining integrity.
>>
>>16970982
I wouldn't even date a person with an opposing taste in music as mine (read: A bad one)

Try to not make your relationship about your political stance, make it about your shared interest of what the fuck is going on in the world. If arguing about politics does get the better of you, try to funnel that energy into make up sex.
>>
File: 1457648536952.jpg (66 KB, 667x500) Image search: [Google]
1457648536952.jpg
66 KB, 667x500
>>16970982
i only date ayn rand
i only speak logic
i only see truth
i only wield knowledge

for i am an atheist... and ignorance is my greatest foe

one day, the sheeple will bow to my superior intelligence and i will cuck the entire population with my uncanny intellect
>>
If it's that serious then i probably would not keep dating them, simply because it is presumably also a reflection on our worldview.

I say probably because that's not always the case and it's possible that we both learn from each other and enrich our perspectives.
>>
most relationships are a mix, this is exactly why we have a two party system in America.
>>
>>16970992
This.
>>
>>16971072
Bad wording on my part. By "Serious" I mean very different.

She's a commie bastard and I'm an evil right-wing 'Murican (more of a centrist but we know that centrists are 'right-wing' these days)

>>16970999
That's kinda what I was leaning towards.

>>16970992
I'm definitely not going to change my views for the sake of it, thanks for the advice. I'll hold my opinions and she'll hold hers, I want us to be able to agree to disagree at least.
>>
>>16971284

barring a flaming conflict of ideological expression. If you're hooking up with an SJW, don't expect them to be reasonable in most things that revolve around their cause/kick.

but life experience allows you to alter your views, you should allow for the possibility your partner is at least or at most is as influence-able as you are.
>>
Yes and no.

Yes if they kept it to themselves. Keep it in the voting booth. I don't need to see you posting dumb stuff on FB that isn't even accurate or attacking people whose beliefs are different from yours. Both sides do this.

No if they tried to shove it down everyone's throats. I'm fairly Conservative but very Libertarian leaning. Have been all of my adult life but I don't really share it many people. Especially if they're openly Liberal because they just attack you. Both sides do this, it's not just Liberals but since my political leanings that's who I get the flak from. Anyway, most of my friends don't know my political beliefs.

tl;dr find someone who keeps that shit to themselves.
>>
>>16970982
No. If you don't agree similarly in terms of how a country should be run, how can you agree on the morals that run a house? With what ideals will you raise your children?

Now if you're dating for fun, then it doesn't really matter.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.