[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how come nobody asks me out on Tinder? I'm female, been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: tyhma_koiru.jpg (44 KB, 600x647) Image search: [Google]
tyhma_koiru.jpg
44 KB, 600x647
So how come nobody asks me out on Tinder? I'm female, been using it for maybe two weeks and I have over 100 matches (I've been picky). Guys talk to me just fine, but usually the conversations just die away or we never even talk about meeting up or anything. Usually it's like a normal chat about books or video games or whatever. I don't usually reply right away and I may sometimes take a day or two to respond.

Now, I'm too shy to ask the guys out myself, especially as it seems they're just looking for a chat... But should I reply more frequently? Seem more interested? Talk about some other subjects?
>>
>>16970596

taking forever to respond could be some reason. it implies a lack of itnerest (even if thats not the case). a guy might be glued to that all fucking day talking to girls all day, getting to know girls all day, so by the time you respond they may have already talked to 10 girls and met 2 of them. just in the time it takes you to say 'oh not much just playing mario party'.

men also tend to wait for the right chance ot invite. instead of just blurting 'lets get coffee' they try to find a common interest to meet upon. 'oh you like this movie? lets get lunch and then go see it' etc.
>>
If a girl was taking a whole day to reply to me I wouldn't bother with her. Acting like you're too busy to respond to someone when you have a fucking smartphone is so fake and lame.
>>
>>16970596
A guy on tinder will drop the convo if he thinks he can't get laid or if he started to talk to someone who's more likely to put out. Not all guys do this but with tinder it's pretty common. Don't be afraid to be upfront. Some guys get shy or just don't know how to go about meeting girls. It's such a popular app and I feel like it's gotten to the point where people forget you can use it to meet up with people. Good luck!
>>
I stop talking because I'm using it pretty passively (because I'm an attractive professional and I get pussy) and if the girl isn't actively interested in me, there's no point in wasting my time. I've gone on a few dates, but the girls were unambiguous about liking me.
>>
>>16970616

in her defense, not everyone wants to spend all day on their smart phones. i work a job, then i come home and edit. i check things inbetween. taking a few days when you ahve tinder does kinda defeat the purpose of using something like tinder though.

that sorta thing is best left for dating sites as opposed to apps
>>
>>16970596
Because they're on tinder - meaning they're looking for someone to put out, not talk about common interests with.
>>
As for why I'm slow to reply: to be honest, none of these guys have managed to catch my interest yet. I'd be more eager to respond if they showed more initiative/interest. And hell, I've started convos too. They just haven't went anywhere.

>>16970740
All the guys that have even remotely caught my interest have been talking about common interests because, I don't know about others, but I'm not going to meet someone blind and possibly put out unless I get some sense of what kinda person they are and what they're into. But I dunno, maybe talking about literature on Tinder isn't the best way to go about it? I still want to, though, because that's the kind of stuff I'd like to discuss on the actual date itself, too. And that's more important to me than whether or not I get laid, though I'm not opposed to sex on the first date on principle.

I also have to say that good grammar is a MUST and I'm really put off by excessive emoji and short messages with nothing to reply to.

But I guess I can just look upon this as a good thing, weeding out the undesirables. I just wish those remaining good ones would ask me out since I'm still too nervous to do it myself.
>>
>>16970850
You seem nice, and I really don't think Tinder is the right place to meet quality men on for you.
>>
>>16970860
The thing is, I don't really go out of my way to meet potential dates in my daily life. The opportunities just seem to pass me by. Dating sites haven't work out for me. At least Tinder has more options for me to be disappointed on?
>>
>>16970881

A buddhist monk had told me once that life is like a steady stream of sand falling from an hour glass. You run your fingers through the falling sand to experience life but once you close your fist and try to grab it then the rest of the sand slips by you and you no longer experience any new sand falling between your fingers.

This is Tinder. A bunch of morons too afraid to commit because they are afraid of what they will miss out on, and even bigger morons grabbing at useless sand.
>>
File: 1435813374121.gif (2 MB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
1435813374121.gif
2 MB, 500x390
>>16970596

>I want to go on more dates
>I'm not willing to ask anyone on a date

ayyyeee lol
>>
>>16970596
You're probably ugly and only swiping right on Chads.
>>
>>16971022
Not ugly, more like average. I've been told I'm really cute, but I'm not big on makeup, so there's that. And no, I don't like Chads at all.
>>
Honestly, I wonder how many people take Tinder seriously at all. I know I don't. If I match with a girl, her profile has to be EXTREMELY interesting for me to reply to.
>>
>>16970596
>I may sometimes take a day or two to respond

Rule of thumb with me is that if a girl is taking ages to respond, she isn't interested or has found another guy she likes more. I've had multiple experiences with women who talk to and date multiple guys while also talking to/dating me, and it never ended well. So I pretty much "next" women who

>take more than a few hours to respond (unless they come back with a reason)
>don't respond with enough questions or attempts to keep the conversation going
>remain perpetually "busy" and make no attempts to fit me into their schedule and let me know if they're free

If you do ANY of these things with men you're interested in, you should change your ways. Now. I totally get being busy, I also have first hand experience with women who were "busy" and remained tactfully oblivious to me when they were really just busy talking to and fucking other guys. Because of that, I have a hard time rationalizing it when women take ages to respond or keep rebuffing me.
>>
>>16970596
Many people forget that most of the members of a dating site / app are obviously socially awkward in some type of manner, or they'd just date like regular people. Don't expect so much, but try your best.

Try to be faster with your replies as well.
>>
Look no further! I am single and available! Drop me a mail and we can meet up!
>>
>>16970596
>I don't usually reply right away and I may sometimes take a day or two to respond.

Rule of thumb is that translates to "I don't give a shit about you and I replied out of pity, now stop replying".

If you lived nearby I'd go on a walk with you but chances are you don't.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.