[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here have experience dating close friends?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160326_234710.jpg (81 KB, 604x510) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160326_234710.jpg
81 KB, 604x510
Does anyone here have experience dating close friends?
>>
yes, and it went VERY poorly
>>
Yes, and it's been fantastic
>>
>>16970554
Yeah and it was fucking horrible
>>
>>16970554
yes. i was on & off with her for a total of about 5 months. we are still very good friends.
>>
If you want to stay close friends, don't date them
>>
>>16970554

not since middle school. i was the only dude in a group of like 8 girls, and i dated about half of them. it was middle school and none of it was very serious though, i remember getting a kiss out of one of them. it was sixth grade no less.

in 8th grade i dated another friend of mine, dumped her in a week, came out as gay later.

so there is that.
>>
>>16970554
i met my current gf and thought she was chill, wasn't even thinking about her in that way. we became close friends and that's actually what pushed me to ask her out. but your results may vary.
>>
Most of the time it's not going to end well, because well relationships can be tough. Then you've just lost a friend. Some people are incredibly lucky though and it works out for them. Of course they have their problems but they manage to work them out. It's all pretty risky though.

I dated one of my best friends for a few months. We used to hang out all the time before we dated. We knew each other for about 5 years before we dated. We didn't have a bad break up just a mutual split because she was going through a rough patch. She got out of a 5 year relationship earlier that year. I had gotten out of a long relationship also and just moved back to town. Bad timing on our parts. Probably mostly about the sex too. We're still friends, sorta, 6 years later but the past 3-4 years we only see each other like once a year.

Was it worth it? I don't know. I don't lose sleep over it and I highly doubt she does. Life goes on. You meet new people.
>>
Yeah, and it ended bad. We were best friends for years, and haven't talked to each other since.

Sometimes miss them as a friend.
>>
I dated twins that were best friends, shared everything no secrets. It was fine for a couple years, then there was some jealousy, one saying that I liked the other more. They broke up with me because they didn't want to fight. I swear i wasn't trying to cum between, they put me in awkward positions sometimes. I didn't have a favorite, but apparently in the heat of the moment I tended to lean one way, and one felt rejected. don't date friends if you can't be fair about it
>>
>>16971021
ill take things that never happened for 500, alex
>>
>>16970554
yes, dated 13 months
it was great for 6-7 months, but it really put a rift between our group of friends due to a mutual friends having feels for her. also further widened that rift when we broke up

0/10, wouldn't recommend
>>
I'm currently in a relationship with a guy who was my best friend for years before hand. I think being friends first helped us overcome some of the bs that normally happens when you first start dating. We became more comfortable with each other way faster and are now living together and we have a dog we adopted together. We've been together for 4 years great years and counting. (ps. the sex was crazy at first because of all of the sexual tension!)
>>
it's harder to be friends than lovers
and you shouldn't try to mix the two
because if you do it and you're still unhappy then you know that the problem is you
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ4HImaTr8M
>>
one of my best friends asked me out in highschool, but it only lasted a week.......

so i stalked them until college, we are now married for 3 years.
>>
>having friends of he opposite sex

Absolutely cucked.
>>
>>16970554
Go slow. Go fucking slow and just spend more and more time together. Build something and it will last.
>>
Yes and it's been very comfortable.
>>
>>16970554
I had a crush on my best friend for two years and got lucky in that his ex treated him like shit and left. I swooped in, stole his feels, and we've been together since. It's amazing.
>>
>>16971036
Kek
>>
>>16970554
I'm a 30-something guy and have dated 20 or more women with any seriousness. Absolutely every one of the most successful romances were with women I had been friends with first, absolutely all the worst were with women I just met, was attracted to physically and tried to build a romance with.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1457744888749.jpg (32 KB, 541x540) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1457744888749.jpg
32 KB, 541x540
Friend did it a few times. Went to shit fairly quick.
>>
>>16971555
Obvious red pill faggot. A good friend of mine is a girl and she's fucking hideous. I want nothing to do with her sexually. You can have a platonic relationship with a female you fucking idiot
>>
>>16972226
It's genuinely, pathetically sad how depressing and loathsome the "red pilled" fags are. Not being afraid or upset at the whole other half of the population, just being able to mingle, be a normal happy human being... the life.
>>
Yes. Don't.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.