[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me, assistant >boss is normally pretty hostile to me,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1399696805719.png (49 KB, 773x576) Image search: [Google]
1399696805719.png
49 KB, 773x576
>be me, assistant
>boss is normally pretty hostile to me, partly his personality and partly my own fuck-ups
>task: order him a 7 x 10 picture frame
>first one was half an inch too small
>order another one, ask him "7.5 by 10, right?"
>he says yes
>frame arrives, turns out it should've been 7 by 10.5
>calls me a "horrible fucking assistant"

How much of this is my fault? If it isn't, please share stories of dick bosses so I can feel a little bit better
>>
Get a New Job
>>
>>16970503
It's very important experience for my career goals. I've only been here for three months. At the earliest, they can fire me in May.
>>
Tell your boss he's not going to talk to you like that in a professional environment. Bring a voice recorder to work if you have to, but it's not going to get better if you don't confront him.

You may just be sensitive, not that I'm doubting your story, but some men just communicate in a crude fashion like that, without realizing how they come across.

Are you a female?
>>
>>16970522
Be a Wage Cuck Forever Then

C U C K ~
U C K ~
C K ~
K ~
~
>>
Be motivated to show you're valuable. I know this feelings but you gotta be ON it constantly and doesn't help they treat you a certain way. Best way is to do it exactly. Like ask in detail before you do it if he's a jerk and say stop asking again your not a mind reader your the one whose told what to do the boss job is to tell you TELL YOU how is run and how ththe task is done. If you are second guessing the task ask further detail so then if he complain you technically aren't at fault you asked all corners of the base.

Trust me been there op this is why I'll pass on my advice so you can show your boss your not horrible assistant.
>Ask questions in detail to really know what they want so then you are at fault. The expect us assistant to be mind reader but the best way to know is by admin and having a note pad and such to really show your attentive and such.

I'm guessing it's the case of dont you have common sense when really they didn clearly explain in detail.
>>
>>16970556
I work in the entertainment industry, where labor laws don't apply. He is crude, but I can tell when he's being an asshole and when he's just being himself.

>>16970572
Thanks Anon, definitely noticed that. Sometimes I get flak for asking "stupid questions" but it's better than screwing myself later for not doing it right.
>>
do you know how to use a fucking ruler?
>>
>>16970672
Thanks boss. I just ordered the frame, he tried it and told me it was too small. I asked "so 7.5 by 10?" And he said yes. I didn't look at the picture at all. I just followed what he said.
>>
>>16970719
>I didn't look at the picture at all. I just followed what he said.
you ARE a horrible fucking assistant. He should not be cursing at you for it, but shit, get it together.
>>
>>16970499

wish i cuold relate, but im an assistant to someone who doesn't believe i can actually make real mistakes, so its very comfy.

the closest i got to this situation was
>i design him a new website
>he approves it immediately
>i tell him i plan to adjust our bsuiness cards to match
>he agrees, but ask i make the business cards brighter cuz the website is dark
>a week later get a call from one of our associates out east
>wants to weigh in on the website, said the last one was too 'scary' for kids
>explain im already done with the new site so its a bit late
>talk to my boss ask if new design is new scary (its certainly darker than before)
>he says 'yes, thats why i asked oyu to make it lighter'
>i explain no, you told me to make the business cards lighter. i cant make the site lighter cuz black just becomes grey
>he takes a look at the website
>'looks fine to me. if you ever redesign it we can try something more cheerie, but its really cool and better than before

that was it. i actually original propositioned him with a sunrise theme, but he likes dark green.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.