[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey people, I have a question: I am from Europe, I currently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Alcohol_problem.png (146 KB, 628x423) Image search: [Google]
Alcohol_problem.png
146 KB, 628x423
Hey people, I have a question: I am from Europe, I currently work in Asia for at least one year and I am an alcoholic. I usually stop drinking when I know I've had enough and when I know I should already stop in order to prevent a hangover, but my problem is that I really drink every fucking evening and there are few days on which I don't have at least 4 drinks, whether it is just beer or hard liquor (vodka, rum, anything) +something with a lot of sugar and no alcohol like coke.

So what would you do if you were me? There is really nowhere I can go... I am not rich enough to afford to go to a therapy in Asia, I don't want to go back to my country, and there are not even self-help groups at which I can speak English. However, I know that my health goes downhill, but what shall I do? Alcohol is fucking cheap and I ahve not become an addict here, but I already was one when I arrived here, but now it got even worse...
>>
>>16969168

id quit. if i needed help, id use the buddy system. i have an obsessive personality, but not an addictive one. so its pretty easy for me to drop alcohol (which i had to recently).

the issue here is that you boxed yourself in on purpose
>cant afford
>dont feel like
>meh english

nothing comes without sacrifice. if you dont have the will power, then you gotta sacrifice something.
>>
boomp
>>
File: 1447701283870.jpg (55 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1447701283870.jpg
55 KB, 600x450
>>16969191

>bumping instead of responding to existing posts
>>
the other question is: how long can I live with my alcoholism without having to face any really bad consequences, especially concerning health... if I plan to be here for only one or two years and if I think that I will be able to get rid of my addiction after I return without any horrible long-term effects, then why should I be worried? but on the other hand, I am not a doctor and I can't look into my body... I donĀ“t know whether my inner organs like my liver can handle the amounts of alcohol I drink or not... It could be that I can go on drinking for the next five years without any bad effects, but it could also happen that I will need an organ transplantation in 2 years if I continue like that
>>
>>16969275

Sorry, I bumped 4 seconds after the first reply had been posted..
>>
>>16969277

the 'oh i can fixi t in 2 years' mindset is how things never get fixed mate. in 2 years it becomes 'i drink regularly and im fine no reason to fix it'.

why stay there another 2 years if your life is so fucking shit? why not go home? tehy arent paying you that well otherwise you'd be able to afford a little rehab.

i bet your ass they do have english speaking support groups there as well.
>>
>> why not go home?<<

Because money is not everything in life. And alcoholism is not the only thing my life is about at the moment, I would not even call it a shit life... Alcoholism is just a problem that makes my life worse, but even though I do not get rich here, I would say that I rather benefit from the experience of spending time in a country and in a culture that are completely foreign to me... So why would I throw that away just because I have 4-6 drinks each evening? Actually I do not see any negaitve effects of my drinking on my life, I know it is harmful to my health, but everytime I drink in the evening, I just get up the next morning and go to work as if nothing had happened the evening before. So at the moment, my alcoholism has just an effect on what I do between 8 PM and 12 PM, sometimes 2 PM, if I do not need to get up early the next morning. But it has no effect on the rest of my day, so why give it all up?

The only thing I know is that I WILL have consequences sooner or later if I keep on boozing, but at the moment I just live an almost normal life..
>>
>>16969332

>why would i throw away time in another culture spent entirely inside drinking so heavily im not experiencing anything

>Whats health compared to being drunk somewhere foreign?
>>
>>16969332

But I am not too drunk to experience anything..
Drinking is a problem that affects me after 8PM, So at least 3/4 of the day I live a standard normal life..

And concerning health: I do not have any health problems at the moment. I am scared that I may get some in the future if I continue like that, but as I said... My day just finishes at 8 PM and then I get up the next morning and start a new day..
>>
and I would also like to point out that I never feel a need to drink during daytime, as long as it doesn't get dark outside I do not even think about alcohol
>>
bamp
>>
boompieboomp
>>
>>16969424
>>16969457

>GUISE IM DRINK BUT DONT WANNA DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT GIVEM E ADVICE I HAVE A PROBLEM BUT I DONT XD
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.