[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sibling-like love between friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
Is it possible for two friends of the opposite sex to like each other in a sibling-like way? Like the relationship is fully platonic without crushes or whatsoever?
>inb4 no
>>
File: 1454417049236.jpg (33 KB, 600x564) Image search: [Google]
1454417049236.jpg
33 KB, 600x564
>>16968384
>Is it possible for two friends of the opposite sex to like each other in a sibling-like way? Like the relationship is fully platonic without crushes or whatsoever?

What if they're of the same sex? What if they don't identify as male or female? Huh? Didn't think of that did you? Check your fucking privilege male scum!!!
>>
>>16968384
Only if the man is gay. Wait, then the woman will want to fuck him... No, it's not possible, anon.
>>
>>16968550
Please go back to Tumblr
Same sex is usually not a problem as most people are heterosexual. I'm talking about opposite sex here.
>>
>>16968554
Your privilege. Check it...
>>
>>16968563
For fucks sake. "Your privilege" makes me gag every time. So fucking stupid.

Wahhhhh you triggered me by saying privilege. Sniffle. Sniffle.
>>
File: 1394987132408.png (239 KB, 529x251) Image search: [Google]
1394987132408.png
239 KB, 529x251
>>16968572
>he hasn't realized this is bait
Are you missing a chromosome or are you just new around here? Or both?
>>
>>16968585
i thought you were some chick from tumblr
>>
Definitely possible, and most people would agree outside of 4chan. I'm not American, but it's always been natural in my culture to have friends of the opposite sex, like we're encouraged to sit boy-girl and mix up our friend group A LOT in school, so nearly everyone has close friends of the opposite sex. It's completely possible to have a close platonic relationship, even if you have been sexually attracted to each other at some point. Like my best friend and I are not into each other physically, we dig other kind of people, but we love each other deeply and are kind of like platonic soulmates. We're both in relationships and have never done more than holding hands, never will. I also have friends whom I've found attractive at some point, but I decided not to pursue for whatever reason, and it's always worked out. There are attractive people everywhere, doesn't mean you act on it or fall in love with them! Most people who refuse two people of the opposite sex can be friends sound like they're not out of middle school.

Like, my mother is happily married and would never cheat on her partner of thirteen years, but she's a big tomboy, enjoys beer, sports and obscure Japanese horror film. She's always had plenty of male friends, still does - now, most of them are married and so is my mother but they still adore each other and hang out often. She's never hooked up with any of them, they just genuinely enjoy each other's company, and it's easier for her to get along with men.
>>
>>16968596
>obscure Japanese horror film
Are you Japanese?
>>
>>16968633

Nope lmao Scandinavian. My mom is just into really weird Japanese 90ies gore and horror manga, so most of her friends are nerdy male weirdoes (but hilarious and fun guys).
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.