[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop being so secretive? Or should I even stop that?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Diavolo.jpg (141 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Diavolo.jpg
141 KB, 1280x720
How do I stop being so secretive? Or should I even stop that? I rarely talk with people about what I did, what I feel and things like that. I mostly talk about things we both were part of, jokes or interests (with exception to music, don't like talking about it). I honestly think if my sense of humour was worse I would stop talking with people at all. I'm pretty sure that people I know aren't sure of my sexuality cause I never say who is attractive to me. Even know I'm browsing in incognitto mode. I know it's not most secure way to browse but it still gives me some comfort.
>>
File: King Crimson.gif (602 KB, 450x310) Image search: [Google]
King Crimson.gif
602 KB, 450x310
bump
>>
>>16967895
>I rarely talk with people about what I did, what I feel and things like that.
Do that more
>>
>>16968181
You see that's my problem because I can't actually do that, I feel really uncomfortable doing that
>>
>>16968188
Why does feeling uncomfortable prevent you from doing it?
>>
>>16968194
Because I feel like I'm exposing myself too much when people know things about me.
>>
>>16968197
So then why do you want to reveal more about yourself? It seems contradictory
>>
>>16968204
I'm also asking if I even should do that.
>>
>>16968207
What would be different if you were less secretive / more revealing? What are the pros and cons?
>>
File: 5464647.jpg (79 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
5464647.jpg
79 KB, 400x400
I'm the same way. No one needs to know what I did in my life. I can't help it and people do yell at me for it. People think I'm too private or that I'm even lying to them. I say don't change, it's part of who you are.

>Them: How was your weekend?
>'Doesn't deserve to know I drank with friends so hard that I threw up in the backseat of their car. That I almost burned my eyebrows off fooling around the bonfire. That we relaxed and watched a movie afterwards"
>Me: Not bad, you?

TFW my friends are guitarists and they don't know I can play as well as them.
>>
>>16967895

I'm the same way. What I did was just found a couple of friends who love talking (about themselves), so all I have to do is to listen and then found a SO who makes me so comfortable that I don't really mind sharing some things with him. There's nothing wrong with being a private person, you just have to build your social life accordingly.
>>
>>16968211
You are real therapist mate.

Well I don't really know that's why I'm asking. I'm might be throwing people away.

>>16968221
That pic looks like you're trying to make fun of me, but I'm not sure
>>
>>16968227
Thanks, that's sounds good, you're probably right
>>
>>16968233

If you read the post, you would know.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.