[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best friend has been on the edge with me for a long while now.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: sad kuma loli.jpg (44 KB, 251x231) Image search: [Google]
sad kuma loli.jpg
44 KB, 251x231
Best friend has been on the edge with me for a long while now.

The other said said "I can't stand you".

I don't know what changed in him, I don't know what am I doing either.

I'm a god damn weakling for crying about this but it hurts.

It's been a long, LONG friendship, feel horrible...
>>
Weird, but relevant question:

Are you a guy or girl?
>>
>>16967064

this happens. me and my friend were best fucking buds, then one day boom, we werent. now im jsut that annoying little brother he invites because he has to. my charm tends to have an expiration date. but he also seems to have had some change within him,.
>>
>>16967082
Guy
>>
>>16967092
This is how I feel, like now I'm the "annoying little brother" he talks to because he has to...
>>
>>16967095
Okay. I was wondering because you're a fucking pussy.

I'm kidding - I just wanted to know because I can relate to you now that I know you're a guy. The unfortunate thing is this happens all the time, and friendships - even strong ones - are not permanent 99% of the time. The good news is it can be mended.

I'm also assuming your best friend is another guy.

It's going to hurt and its going to be really hard and require a lot of courage on your part, the way to get your best buddy back is to be like "Hey bro, listen - something's been going on between us. Is everything cool?"

A good friend will be honest with you, even if they're pissed, and tell you why they'd say something hurtful and why they feel like they're aggravated.

Please, though, don't feel guilty for crying over this or feeling bad. Homosocial relationships (sounds gay, but it's a real psych term) are SO, so, so, so, SO important. They can actually impact our emotions and shit more than romantic relationships sometimes. It's tough, though, isn't it?

Take hold of this, though - you ARE a good friend and a loving person. I know this because you are feeling so strongly over this friendship. I hope, even if it doesn't work out with your best bud, you will be encouraged that you're not some autist or annoying or bad person.
>>
>>16967106

it happens. sometimes you gotta cut loose and do your own thing.

honestly wants you realize you dont need him its pretty freeing. ive just turned down all the things he invited me to cuz i know he only invites me if other people will be there. he refuses to spend 1 on 1 time with me anymore.
>>
>>16967108
>"Hey bro, listen - something's been going on between us. Is everything cool?"

That's what I did, and that's when he said "For some reason I can't stand you anymore"...

And I can not be as open as I used to anymore either because he calls me out on it...

Not only that, but he also said I'm way too invasive... since we're plenty far away we comunicate through mobile chat, whilst I just say "I'm going to do XYZ" since I don't like people hanging (a leftover from the msn 4.0 days) and I ask him what he's up to, he's taking it as invasive, that I don't need to tell him what I am doing, or ask what he is doing...

I guess... Fair enough.

I'm stupid, I made a thread the other day how my ex-gf went lesbian on me, I think this has caused humongous trust issues on me...

I just don't want to be alone, I don't want him to just undo our friendship...
>>
>>16967132

your friendships already over. he cant stand you and hes admitted it.

>i dont want to be alone

dr suess once said that alone is something you will be often. take this as a chance to grow and enjoylife on your own. the more you can enjoy life on your own, the more people want to be a part of that life.

good luck anon. im you in about a week.
>>
>>16967132
>I ask him what he's up to, he's taking it as invasive, that I don't need to tell him what I am doing, or ask what he is doing...

Reading that I would have thought you were dating and he sees you as too clingy. His reaction to you asking whats up seems a bit extreme.
>>
>>16967157
He got angry... I didn't knew he no longer was working in night time, they changed him to day time, so I sent messages not knowing better...

And called me a highschool girlfriend, saying i'm intrusive because I "want to know every molecular atom detail"...

I did not knew better honestly, I did not knew!

Honestly, I try keep him company (at his request, months ago) through chat while he's working because nightshift is boring and slow....

I am just going crazy, I honestly did not knew...
>>
>>16967233

he mentioned hes tired of you. why isnt that important. dont beat yourself up too hard. you did something minor at best, and the charm just faded.

it sucks, but it happened.
>>
>>16967064
I served me a glass of vodka with grapefruit juice.

I don't feel like sleeping, just like thinking everything over, especially my life and what am I doing.

I don't want to even be on comp anymore, but I must finish a job first, I might just listen to some music.

Goodnight, /adv/.
>>
>>16967108
>They can actually impact our emotions and shit more than romantic relationships sometimes

So fucking true. It hurt so bad when I lost my best friend. Good advice, too.

>>16967132
It sounds like your friend turned into a prick though, OP. Don't beat yourself up over it. Shit like this happens, and it's not your fault. It may be time to try and find a new best friend. You don't have to cut your old one off completely, but distance yourself from him until things fade naturally. Who knows, maybe he'll get the stick out of his ass one day. Just don't count on it. If it happens, you can be pleasantly surprised by it, and then you can consider whether you want to take him back or not.
>>
>>16967108

>sometimes

break ups are way more common than losing hardcore friendships m80
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.