[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need some help. I make music on my free time,.. but i actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: deep.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
deep.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
I need some help. I make music on my free time,.. but i actually want to get good at it. I got roasted today saying that My EDM music sounds like an 80's video game. So I'm requesting help.. a tutor.. idk, I just really need help
>>
>>16966518
ok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcYCzXOBbug
>>
>>16966518
What do you want help with?
>>
>>16966518
>My EDM music sounds like an 80's video game.
How is that a roast
>>
my mixes come off as amateur and i want them to sound at least a bit professional, and it was a roast because i had it played over a pod cast and all the comments where roasting me. like " wtf is this unmixed rave shit" haha
>>
>>16966639
Post a sample of your work. Wanting to sound "more professional" is pretty vague. I don't know whether you're trying to improve your composition skills, or mastering skills
>>
>>16966538
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcYCzXOBbug [
what is this ?
>>
heres a link
https://soundcloud.com/tundriix
>>
And the first one is unfinished so ignore the last 5 seconds haha
>>
>>16966659
one of the songs NASA sent outside the solar system with the voyager 2 probe to represent our culture.
>>
>>16966695

Dear God, the Marklaars will see this and do awful things to humans when they arrive.
>>
>>16966671
Okay, one criticism that I have is that your pieces lack identity, and I mean within themselves. It seems like you're using the same presets, and using the same effects for your songs. Another criticism is that even though stuff is changing throughout your piece, there's little development and progression. It's pretty stagnant. Here are my fixes for you

>write something with an idea in mind
It seems like you're feeling your way around, which is good. You're not going to have the piece already imagined in your head all at once. You sort of have to get a feel for where it's going, but you need to come in with some sort of goal or idea in mind. Eventually, you're going to have to start playing around with sounds you never tried before, and eventually create pieces with unique identities to them.

>form
This one's a bit tougher to fix. When you're dicking around, ask yourself where the music is going. How is it leading into the next section? How can you create contrasting sections while still feeling unified?

I know I'm speaking abstractly with these concepts, but you're wanting to develop a more developed and mature sound, and this is one of the first steps. I would also recommend listening to artists you really like, and try to figure out what they're doing in their music. How are they shaping the music? How are they creating identity?
>>
Brainstorm ur somg in a really simple fashion like how many instruments, etc. Just layout the important aspects alone just in your head and memorize it.
An easy trick to clean up the production is to sit half way between submitting and editing your song if that makes sense.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.