[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oh fuck. My co-worker is an ex of mine. She's seeing someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1457485885588.jpg (72 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1457485885588.jpg
72 KB, 640x640
Oh fuck. My co-worker is an ex of mine. She's seeing someone else right now for about a year and a half.

Because work hours have always been weird, we agreed to sit down in 3 hours after work and talk. She wants a friendship, I feel like I've been wronged in a few places and she's too prideful to admit it.

/adv/, how do I handle this? I was thinking of suggesting letting us both talk uninterrupted for 5 minutes each or something.
>>
I'm honestly clueless and worried . I still have feelings but what does it matter?
>>
Don't even go there, OP. You need things to be civil for work. You know you broke up for a reason. She's not gonna suddenly say boo-hoo I was prideful and shit, bad me.

Water under the bridge. Not close friends, but work civilly.
>>
>>16965938

I only see her once a week at work.
>>
>>16965921
If you aren't interested in a friendship, I would just tell her you'd like to keep things cordial, but you aren't interested in having a relationship with her outside of work.

You don't need to vent to her about all your lingering butthurt or anything like that. If you do decide to tell her anyway, don't expect to have any sort of emotionally satisfying result. It's more likely that venting will just make things more strained.
>>
Treat her like any other co worker you haven't fucked.
>>
>>16966007

40 minutes left now.

I feel like that this is exactly what it's going to be. 5 minutes of sipping a single beer, 5 minutes of casual conversation, then an hour of venting where nothing gets resolved but at least at the end I can tell her that we both have to agree there's no chance between us.
>>
>>16966078
...Maybe this, and vent about it on /r/OffMyChest to get it out of your system so you can move on.
>>
>>16966338
Maybe stay on reddit you newfag
>>
>>16965921
just keep a good relationship with her since shes a co worker. Maybe tell management (but tell them its a non issue) just so she cant manipulate the company if shit gets sour
>>
>>16965932
Do not go down that path, OP.

During your "talk". I'd just say that we can't be friends, but we're just coworkers. I'll treat you like I treat everyone else and we move on with our lives.

ESPECIALLY if she has not and deeply refuses and avoids that she is at fault for things, bruh, not only was she a shitty girlfriend, but of course she'll be a shitty friend.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.