[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I come up with an online nickname that's extremely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: 1455993438691.jpg (351 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455993438691.jpg
351 KB, 1920x1080
How do I come up with an online nickname that's extremely general yet still somewhat clever? I can't make it something specific because there's a good chance I'll stop liking whatever I might think is a clever reference, or I'll start hating the thing I'm referencing. I've tried mashing the keyboard but all that comes up is shitty names that sound like they're straight out of a bad comic, and all the halfway decent names are taken. Any ideas? It just seems like no matter what I decide on I'll grow sick of it and start all over again and I'm sick of doing that.
>>
>>16965670
xXxSeffirothxXx69
>>
>>16965670
Try a weapon name out of an old RPG
>>
>>16965676
That's exactly the kind of thing I'm trying to avoid.
>>
>>16965670
xXNightSnakeSn1p3rXx
>>
>>16965678
Well I did try the translation of Gungnir but apparently SwayingOne is already taken.
>>
I like taking 2 things I like and putting them together, for instance in Smash I use Duck Hunt and Shulk so I added a Y and so I get Shunty.
... Well you guys will not like that name but anyway try that method.
>>
>>16965670
How about using the names of angels, like seraphim, cherubim, and nephilim (may be incorrect spelling)? Or from myths of other cultures?
>>
>>16965694
That's a good method but my worry would be that my tastes change a little too often. What I like now I'll be sick of tomorrow. it's why my name changes twice a year.

>>16965708
I'm actually looking through some right now. Maybe I'll find something.
>>
>>16965708
After looking through them they all feel a bit too pretentious. Maybe I'll put the word mellow at the end of something.
>>
I read somewhere doing this helps

>First three letters of your last name
>Then First two letters of your first name
>>
>>16965835

I just end up with a word and an extra letter.
>>
I usually made mine out of latin words. I had a dictionary I would flip through until I found something that seemed reasonable. Maybe add a short extra word on it or something.
>>
>>16965670
If it comes naturally then it'll stick. Don't force it.

Also applies to your name problem.
>>
Look up words that are less often used.
>>
>>16966151
I hear this but I never actually get it. Very little comes naturally to me because there's always a certain aspect of myself I want to emphasize with each title, but every last nickname seems to emphasize too much. One could make me sound like an edgemeaster, another could make me sound too young, or perhaps a name just sounds too perverted. Maybe the problem is that I don't like myself as much as I thought I did. I just don't know what aspect of myself I'm most okay with being out there. Perhaps my name should just be a jumble of numbers.
>>
>>16966260
This is a much more self reflective thread than I thought.

Well what I mean by "natural" is that (personal experience) you'll get that AHA! moment where you need a name and your brain spits one out. Both times for me were priginal but they sounded normal and they stuck with me. My friends liked them too.

I wasn't trying to come up with anything. I had no agenda and just went with the situation.

That's creativity in general though. If you want to write a mystery novel you don't sit down and try to come up with mysteries. You write a novel that evolves into a mystery novel.
>>
>>16965670
DarthCuck666.

Or use your brain, use your feels. Troll ur companions, anything because really no one cares about anything other than their own name usually and only like the funny names anyways.
>>
Usually I just look up meaning of names. For example, I like the rain so I use Amaya (meaning night rain) or Kasumi (meaning mist).
>>
>>16965835
Gerse. Nice
>>
>>16967695
I also do this. There's a nice website for baby names where you can filter names by meaning, origin and sooo much more
>>
>>16966867
Don't use this, OP, or anything else involving the word "cuck". Over-use of this word instantly tags you as an eleven year old who only discovered it last week.
>>
>I need a handle man. I don't have an identity until I have a handle.
>>
>>16965670
Fictional character, preferably not an obvious one.
>>
>>16965670
SilentFArtssassin

4inchesHero
>>
Use an adjective and a noun.

SecretSerpent
ColdBlood
AerodynamicWerewolf
KoolSk8rdude
LameUsername

Maybe your favorite animal or color, so it's not some current reference that won't make sense later.
>>
Just write your name backwards.
>>
My username is rat. I like it because its simple and elegant. Maybe you should choose an animal?
>>
my brother uses Handsfreefap
>>
Is not like people care that much about a username on a website.
>>
Eternalon
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.