[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this board so full of redpillers and mgtow?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 1392758421902.jpg (293 KB, 661x716) Image search: [Google]
1392758421902.jpg
293 KB, 661x716
Why is this board so full of redpillers and mgtow?
>>
They want to spread their seed of hatred.
>>
>>16965254
Because regulars aside, this board is mostly full of people in a very vulnerable state of mind, looking for someone to tell them what would do. That makes it a prime location for redpillers and mug-toes to spread the poison.
>>
>>16965254
>>16965316
Okay, so there's are the guys who say "don't do it, she's just taking advantage of you" any time a guy mentions being hit on?
>>
Poison? Aren't you guys being a little too much one sided?
>>
>>16965357
>Okay, so there's are the guys who say "don't do it, she's just taking advantage of you" any time a guy mentions being hit on?
No, the redpillers and mgtows are the ones who say that when a a guy talks about being marriage. When it's just being hit on, there arguments tend to be more along the lines of "don't do it, she's a slut".

>>16965358
>Poison? Aren't you guys being a little too much one sided?
Not the subject is redpillers and mgtows.
>>
>>16965254
>why is this board so full of people who are correct and truthful

I dunno. This is an advice board, so you tell me.
>>
>>16965254
What's wrong with redpill?

I didn't like it either at first. I hated how dark and cynical it sounded, how cold it made everything seem. I hated the disillusionment, I hated feeling like all my ideals about love and women were ripped from me forever.

But most importantly, I hated how it let me see WHY I was so awful with women, and that it wasn't just because "none of them were good for me", it was because I failed to act like a man that women are attracted to.

To this day I cannot find any meaningful arguments against core red pill tenants, which includes things like

>men and women are funadmentally different
>men are success objects, and women are sexual objects
>romantic relationships between two lovers usually relies on a masculine and feminine polarity, and this inter-gender dynamic is quite different from just being best friends that fuck each other

MGTOW is just a spin off of Red Pill stuff. People who piss and moan about how jaded they are almost never have much to say other than "haha, look at those bitter losers LOL!!". Ironically, those reactions help re-enforce another Red Pill truth, which is that not only being isolated from loving, sexual relationships almost exclusively a male experience, but that society WILL look down upon you and shame you, if you don't live up to the burden of manhood and attract women into your life, even if you hardly grew up in an environment that was substantive to growth in that arena.
>>
This board is full of pussies. I come here and all I see are people afraid of asking girls out, seriously?

I'm going to do 4 grams of shrooms tomorrow now that's something scarier believe me
>>
>>16965254

It's a damn good question, OP. Maybe because so many people here skew younger, and don't really have a mature perspective on relationships yet? I guess it's easy to get disillusioned when you're in high school or college and the dynamics of real relationships aren't in effect yet, especially if you're quiet and struggle to make it out to the fun party scene that your peers seem to be enjoying. It is poison though.

>>16965722
Redpill is shitty because all it does is perpetuate the existing poor dynamics between men and women, making this weird cycle of women who hurt men and men who hurt women all because they've been forced to believe that they have to embrace it. A "things are shitty so I always have to assume the worst" mentality means that you're always going to get confirmation bias and things are going to remain shitty.

Sure, you weren't acting like a man women are attracted to, and redpill shit does make you think about it differently, but it pushes it to a whole different extreme that makes you just a negative person who doesn't value anything but himself and the tingly feeling on his cock.

I'm both kind to women and assertive - so I can get girls that I like without being self serving and having others see me as such.

Romantic relationships aren't just "best friends that fuck each other," no, they're more complex. But that doesn't mean they're all carnal desire either.
>>
File: metoo.gif (19 KB, 600x453) Image search: [Google]
metoo.gif
19 KB, 600x453
>>16965265

>hatred
Speak for yourself. (pic related)

Or just tuck your tail in between your legs and filter the post like most here do when confronted with uncomfortable FEELS that they're incapable of justifying.
>>
>>16965254
It's really not. There are some of those, but that's not the norm. If you get that impression, you're probably just upset because you got some advice you didn't want to hear.

Classic example:
Girlfriend is clearly cheating. Wat do?
>Confront her about it, being firm without being aggressive.
OMG guys, that's so terrible! I can't do that!
>>
>>16965811

Not OP, but this board is pretty filled with guys who are clearly bitter as absolute fuck, and give advice you'd never see from a group of more balanced people.

There's a ton of posts here like "my girlfriend wants to go to a party without me wat do" that end up with 75% responses saying that she's clearly cheating on the guy and he needs to put his foot down.

There's plenty of /r9k/ leakage too.
>>
>>16965803
I like reading some bits of various pick-up theories like "redpill" shit, but only to gather as much information as I can in my quest to be more attractive to women. I mean, I don't agree with a lot of the sexist stuff but there's probably a base-line there that's true that guys could pay attention to, like the whole "most women like masculine, adult, confident providers who are fun and exciting and unpredictable."
>>
>>16965803
>Redpill is shitty because all it does is perpetuate the existing poor dynamics between men and women, making this weird cycle of women who hurt men and men who hurt women all because they've been forced to believe that they have to embrace it. A "things are shitty so I always have to assume the worst" mentality means that you're always going to get confirmation bias and things are going to remain shitty.

Oddly enough I do not interpret it that way. I interpret it as "things we don't really like to see in the world, but can't unsee". Hence the Red Pill term, there's no going back.

>Sure, you weren't acting like a man women are attracted to, and redpill shit does make you think about it differently, but it pushes it to a whole different extreme that makes you just a negative person who doesn't value anything but himself and the tingly feeling on his cock.

No it doesn't, not if you apply it properly. Though we always acknowledge an "anger phase" that guys go through when they realize shit they've been lead to believed/fantasized about was a lie. The idea isn't to be negative all the time, but I'd argue that a little negativity and cynicism is natural when you start to see the world for what it is. It just so happens that people browse Red Pill forums and vent most of it there.

>I'm both kind and assertive
See, you've acknowledged that you can't get a girl without being assertive, which is exactly what the red pill says. If you weren't assertive, women wouldn't be attractive to you, which implies that there IS a masculinity that women find inherently attractive, as well as a lack of action/hesitation which turns women off. This is hard to accept for guys who are incredibly shy, and presents cognitive dissonance when women constantly lie about wanting to be friends first and not getting sexual too soon.

>That doesn't mean they're all carnal desire either.
Even if there's more to it than that, without carnal desire there is no romance.
>>
File: fedora.png (58 KB, 520x754) Image search: [Google]
fedora.png
58 KB, 520x754
>>16965254

OP, you might be interested to know there's a website designed to cater to mindless circlejerks if that's really what you're looking for...
>>
>>16965840

You're speaking about it much more logically than most - I'll gladly agree that there are tenets of redpill that you can either cherry pick or generalize that are both true and are kind of good advice.

The problem is the high volume of guys who come here and spout the "all women are sluts and whores and roasties and you're a cuck if you don't get a virgin waifu" shit that cause it to be a problem.

The assertive stuff is the same as saying "don't be a doormat," and it's what the issue that people who are called "nice guys" don't get. There are complaints from redpillers that their mothers told them "women like nice guys," and then say it's a lie, but they're missing the actual point. Women do like kindhearted men, but just being kind hearted or treating someone nicely doesn't mean that's enough for them to want to have sex with you or date you. But it doesn't mean "turn into a huge dick, that's what works!"
>>
>>16965358

It is poison, it's poison created by sad, lonely, pathetic little bitches who need to get their fucking shit together

But they don't because they spend all day whining about how the world owes them a successful life
>>
>>16965867
>Women do like kindhearted men, but just being kind hearted or treating someone nicely doesn't mean that's enough for them to want to have sex with you or date you. But it doesn't mean "turn into a huge dick, that's what works!"

Indeed. Now imagine finding out that a lot of women rejected you because you were too short, or because you were the wrong skin color and their parents raised them to only date white guys (even if the family itself is not white..). That's where the "red pill" can get deep, it exposes harsher realities that nobody wants to acknowledge but at the same time people are aware of deep down. That too is a very hard pill to swallow, and I'm still getting over that myself.

I'm very frustrated at how completely abysmal my experiences with women have been. I grew up with a mom who was conservative/didn't do much to teach me about women or sex (because she never wanted to talk about sex with me, her own son, but never hesitated with my sister), and a dad who was never around to teach me either. I was left to my hobbies and curiosities, and while I'm very developed in those areas that have always fascinated me (science, technology, etc.) I'm a completely fucking dumbass around women even to this day, at the ripe old age of 23. My friends have all gotten girls or experience by now, but I'm still here getting turned down because I'm still so nervous and inexperienced, unsure if I'll ever actually see an end to this.

>The problem is the high volume of guys who come here and spout the "all women are sluts and whores and roasties and you're a cuck if you don't get a virgin waifu" shit that cause it to be a problem.
Can't disagree with that, but I also don't think they're the best representative sample of what red pill's goal is, which is for men to apply the knowledge and better themselves in whatever regard they can.
>>
>>16965903

It baffles me that you can consider "being too short" or race as rejection reasons as some shocking new thing you didn't learn until you found out about redpill. I mean, to me, that was always just obvious at some point, just like the fact I was going to be too short to play professional basketball, or that it was pretty unlikely I'd ever be an astronaut.

People aren't going to like you. That's not exclusive to women. It's like getting bullied as a kid for no reason. But you can still work within those parameters and find yourself a happy life, or decent woman, who does like you for what you bring to the table.

Most of your peers probably didn't get the education you're expecting about women, but they did their own research, much like you did with science and technology. Your hobbies and curiosities now include women, so dedicate some time and effort to them as well.

This is the issue I have with redpill at its heart - similar to what you're saying, it wants to blame someone else. Blame the women, blame the absentee parents who didn't "tell you the trick" to getting into a relationship, blame society, blame height, skin color, whatever. There's so many excuses, none of your own culpability.

(Sorry, I'm saying "you," but I don't mean specifically you, just redpillers in general.)

Except in the case that the only person that you should be frustrated at is yourself.
>>
>>16965903
>>16965867
Also I wanted to add, I think that men are given far too much shit when it comes to this regard. Maybe I'm just unlucky, but the whole narrative seems to be that if a relationship fails or fails to start, it's the man's fault and never the woman's. I'm all for putting on the big boy pants and doing what I have to do, but it'd be awesome if women could just be fun, feminine and sexy in return. Instead what I get is women who treat me like shit and act like I don't exist, I get women who blow me off and play endless head games.

The worst was when I met a girl online and spent a ton of money and time trying to see her, only to show up and have her act cold/distant toward me the entire time. Hell, she spent most of the time talking to and flirting with other men. It's been many years since then, and I've come a long way as a person, but I still have yet to meet this mythical nice girl who I can let my guard down around, somebody who lets me act like a human being who's vulnerable and occasionally flawed.

Because of my experience with the online girl, I am very hesitant to give up my standards when it comes to meeting a girl that's at least somewhat accommodating, and acts like she gives a shit, and values me as more than just a masculine success object she can attach to and have a meme relationship with. I see women all around me who are flawed in their own ways, and while I don't resent them in the slightest just for that, I do resent just how close to perfect I feel like I'm expected to become in order to make a girl love me. It's interesting to me how nobody really cares what men go through or why they have a hard time with women (it's always just chalked up to "he's a bitter virgin who can't get laid") but everyone is interested in trying to please women and create a world where women's sexual needs are met. Unless I'm somehow missing something that is.
>>
>>16965898

>It is poison, it's poison created by sad, lonely, pathetic little bitches who need to get their fucking shit together

To serve you right?

Its poison! Said aging woman for the 8th time this year
>>
>>16965947
>It baffles me that you can consider "being too short" or race as rejection reasons as some shocking new thing you didn't learn until you found out about redpill.

I'm throwing it in there because 'Red Pill' blogs kind of re-enforced it. I've run up against those things before, but I only became painfully really aware of it recently.

>This is the issue I have with redpill at its heart - similar to what you're saying, it wants to blame someone else. Blame the women, blame the absentee parents who didn't "tell you the trick" to getting into a relationship, blame society, blame height, skin color, whatever. There's so many excuses, none of your own culpability.
That's fair. But let's at least acknowledge that people are brought up in environments that make for harsher interactions with women down the road.
>>
>>16965832
>I like reading some bits of various pick-up theories like "redpill" shit, but only to gather as much information as I can in my quest to be more attractive to women
There is exactly one thing redpillers, MGTOWs, and PUAs all say that is not bullshit, and that is this: there is no need to fear being rejected.

That's it. You don't need any more of their crap, most of which is actively harmful. Even this isn't really anything new: you could have gotten it at any number of other places.
>>
>>16965952

I think you're definitely missing something, and I think that your defining relationship experience being something that was built through the internet was extremely unhelpful as well. Women who are willing to start up online relationships often have their own set of internal issues that you shouldn't use as a picture of women as a whole.

Part of the issue here is that you listen too much to the narrative, rather than focusing on real life experience. Of course you're going to see women saying they want their perfect Prince Charming, but they're just saying they want the best. In reality, women end up with shitty, awful men all the time. Go outside and you'll see it. Women with guys that don't have a job, or a car, or whatever, but that are still getting laid.

You're going to websites that are continuing to give you confirmation bias, and seeing that all of these men are struggling for validation, but really, they just want this to fall into their laps.

I've met tons of nice girls I can let my guard down around - you're just assuming they're judging you before it even starts.
>>
>>16966034
>Women who are willing to start up online relationships often have their own set of internal issues that you shouldn't use as a picture of women as a whole.
Interesting thought, I'll meditate on it, thanks.

>Part of the issue here is that you listen too much to the narrative, rather than focusing on real life experience.

Well, I'm trying to narrow down/figure out what women want as a whole. I'm trying to figure out "what these men got that I don't got", to put it one way. I figure there has to be something I can do that can make my dating life better, but maybe I still am not ready, or maybe I just need to do something crazy. Who knows.

>Go outside and you'll see it. Women with guys that don't have a job, or a car, or whatever, but that are still getting laid.
I don't really consider these men to be shitty or awful. I have a job and a car and a place of my own but I don't think it makes me better than them either. On the contrary, I'm pretty sure that women mostly want to feel a certain way, and that I continue to fail at inspiring those feelings of attraction. Or, on occasion I think I already do have moments where a woman is attracted, but then I don't push it any further because of my own doubts an insecurities.

>I've met tons of nice girls I can let my guard down around - you're just assuming they're judging you before it even starts.
Oh I have no issues being friends with some girls. There's one in particular who stands out, she's just plain god damn fun to hang around with and I can completely be myself around her, which is incredibly rare. But I don't think I could necessarily be vulnerable or emotional around her if we were dating - it's not that I want a license to be a whiny bitch all of the time, but I can't help but think that I can't even be myself at all or I'll just keep getting rejected and shit. Perhaps that is the real issue here....
>>
>>16965254
Why is this board full of so much shit that has nothing to do with advice?
>>
>>16965762
no fuck off
shrooms are wonderful
and dating women is the opposite
>>
>>16966032
>there is no need to fear being rejected.
Wrong. This is dumb and seems to be promoting the cold approach numbers game.

There is nothing more important in life than one's dignity. I would rather die alone than find the love of my life after being turned down by hundreds upon hundreds of women. I could never live with the repercussions of whoring myself out like that -- and failing. I Would not only be disrespecting myself, but any eventual partner.

And it's completely unnecessary to put yourself through that. Work on yourself instead, and you'll get more indications that she wants you to approach her. That makes it comfortable for everyone. Generally if you get a bad feeling about something it's for your own good.
>>
>>16966098
>Well, I'm trying to narrow down/figure out what women want as a whole.
There are no universals. "A guy who isn't liable to turn psycho on me" is as close as it gets, but even that isn't universal.
>>
>>16966227

Well, he's right to some degree. If you live life completely afraid everyone is going to say no, you'll never meet anyone. I don't think this person is advocating a pure cold approach, just that being turned down isn't the end of the world.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.