[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
30s /adv/ice thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9
File: pearl-harbor.jpg (691 KB, 2048x1373) Image search: [Google]
pearl-harbor.jpg
691 KB, 2048x1373
If you're near or around 30 years old, this is the thread for you

You vividly remember 9/11

You remember 4chan prior to Project Chanology (or maybe you were a normie)

You've lived through the Great Recession of '09

And I guess some other stuff, but I'm getting too old to remember. Anyways, post away!
>>
>>16962202
Courage isn't when you're not scared. It's when you ARE scared, but you do it anyway.
>>
File: whoa.gif (470 KB, 249x172) Image search: [Google]
whoa.gif
470 KB, 249x172
>>16962258
>>
I was a senior in high school. They carted tv's in an we watched it for awhile then they let us out of school. I was in world geography class. It was surreal.

Anyway, advice. Start taking care of yourself. Eat better and do some cardio. You are not invincible anymore and age creeps up on you. It's best you get a grip on it earlier before it's too late.
>>
File: my-sacrifice.jpg (28 KB, 625x270) Image search: [Google]
my-sacrifice.jpg
28 KB, 625x270
>>16962291

My principal barged into my state history class and she was hysterical about planes crashing and terrorist attack, something. It was all so fast, and she was gone in a split second. We all looked at each other, my teacher looked stunned too

We all went to the cafeteria and prayed for America that day, lol
>>
On 9/11 I was late to school and my excuse was that I was watching the events unfold on television. I wasn't but it got me out of detention. Thanks 9/11.
>>
I'm 25 and remember all this

step up your game
>>
>>16962291
>It's best you get a grip on it earlier before it's too late.
I'm 30
it is already too late
>>
File: cereal.png (97 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
cereal.png
97 KB, 894x894
>>16962383

I said near or above 30s, you're above 24, and 25 rounded up is 30

Also you were probably only 10 or 11 years old when 9/11 happened, what do you know?
>>
>>16962202
>Great Recession of '09
Please tell me this is a term you made up. To compare a small recession to a complete stock market collapse of the 1920s/30s is beyond autistic.
>>
File: 1456363665937.jpg (118 KB, 749x1026) Image search: [Google]
1456363665937.jpg
118 KB, 749x1026
Buy a dog. Corruption of lol. Good times.
>>
File: 1458736804048.jpg (11 KB, 236x327) Image search: [Google]
1458736804048.jpg
11 KB, 236x327
I was one of five white kids in an almost entirely black redirectional school.

I was playing runescape in the library and I had just crafted my first rune plate chest when a teacher bursted in and told our teacher to turn on the big screen tv in the library... it was one of those enormous Zenith big screen tvs that weighed almost as much as a car.

I was 14 or 15 at the time. We first thought it was a terrible accident. Then that second plane... that second plane man. That hit us big time.

Teachers were like:

"B-but how... why... w-why would a second plane hit the other tower?"

...then a sudden burst of laughter from Deonshay rang out through the hallways... I'll never forget:

>"YO NIGGAS WE GETTIN FUKT WITH TEEHEEHEEHHEEEHHEEhheehheeehhhaahaahhaahoohoo!!!!...

That's when we realized what had happen.
>>
>>16962410

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Recession
>>
>>16962416

I lolled hard.
>>
>>16962410
>>16962477
What annoys me most is that we actually have a word for a 'big recession'. It's called a depression. It's just that everyone was too scared to call it that so they softballed it.
>>
I was working as a receptionist for a pharmaceutical company upstairs from a blood bank. Could barely get out of the building on 9/11. I'm old.
>>
>>16962384
Nah bro. That's when I started. After a year I was in the best shape of my life. Still am. Feels good. I'll probably still have a heart attack anyway at like 45 but at least I feel good.
>>
>>16962258
I remember this from the posters that were all over my classrooms in the 80's
>>
I was in army basic training when 911 happened. We first thought it was a training scenario or some bullshit trick to give us more security duties. Drill sergeant smuggled in newspapers and recordings one day. After we saw them, the silence was deafening in the room.
>>
>OP is asking for general advice from people over 30
>everyone just posts their 9/11 experience

GJ
>>
You remember king riots? that a good example
>>
>tfw kids born on 2000 are already 16
>>
>The 90s sucked.
>The Internet is now full of normies and it fucking sucks.
>All the good women are taken or have kids.
>If you're lucky enough to have a job, you will be a slave to it until you die. You will not be able to afford retirement thanks to social security and other bullshit.
>You will never have actual-fun again.
>Everything is shit and will only get worse as you will compare it to times that weren't quite as shitty.
>When Hillary is president, you will miss Bush II.
>You're old and it fucking sucks.

Source: I'm 29 and fucking miserable.
>>
I'm 33 and I was on 4chan since 2007-2010ish and then stopped until last year (mostly because /b/ turned into cancer and i hadn't bothered checking the other boards yet), but what is project chanology i keep hearing about? Is this related to the bullshit of anonymous becoming an entity outside of 4chan? (The guy fawkes masks at protests, hacking/script kiddies, etc)

Oh, and: Those who think you're supposed to have it all figured out in your 20's are wrong.
>>
>>16962972
project chanology was when we attacked scientology and it attracted a bunch of normies who didn't get the point - that we did it because scientologists are bonkers and would react hilariously
>>
>>16963037
ps hacking and script kiddy action was always a part of anonymous raiding. The thing that changed is all the normies came in with the idea that they were the collective internet batman.
>>
39 reporting in. am I qualified to give advice or am I too long in the tooth?

I didn't find out about 9/11 til I went into work that night and my coworkers told me about it. just didn't happen to feel like watching tv that morning, and nobody called me during the day because they knew I worked nights.

also I think I came in right as the whole project chanology thing was winding down. I remember it was early 2008.
>>
>>16963037
>>16963042
Alright, thanks for the clarification. I do remember raids (Against Habbo Hotel in particular) and to some degree scientology. As for the collective internet batman, that misconception is even stronger today, with headlines such as "Anonymous declares war on Trump"
>>
>>16962804
You're a whiny faggot who chose to be an angry loser in life instead of doing something about it. You need to stop hanging out on /r9k/, it's poison for your mind.

Source: I'm 39 and life is good.
>>
>>16962291
I was working nights and I was having a day off when my friend called me and said to check out the tv.
>>
>>16962398
I know it ruined my afternoon cartoons.
>>
Man, I was a sophomore in high school honors history and our surly, cynical year away from retirement teacher wheeled a tv in saying "the world Trade Center has been bombed or hit or something, this isn't the first time and I'm sure it's nothing, but it's worth discussing"

He turns on the TV and we watch live as the 2nd plane hits.
>>
I'm 29 does that count? I was highschool second period ish when 9/11 happened. Been around 4chan longer than I'd like to admit.
>>
>>16962202
I'm 21, I was 6 years old in 2001 and I vividly remember 9/11. I also remember the recession and how badly it affected my family, but I was too much of a normie for Project Chanology.

Maybe try thinking of better shit kids like me won't remember, like the birth of gangsta rap or some shit?
>>
>>16962732
Thank you for your service
>>
File: clint-eastwood-gran-torino.jpg (278 KB, 1203x528) Image search: [Google]
clint-eastwood-gran-torino.jpg
278 KB, 1203x528
>>16963478
I don't care, if you're not near 30s don't post here
>>
>>16963059
You're perfectly fine, thanks for sharing your story

Project Chanalogy was basically when 4chan went into the "mainstream" and became... mainstream, there was some copypasta back then that moot would eventually sell out 4chan along with a host of other predictions that strangely came true, I'll try to go and see if I can find it
>>
File: oj-simpson-trial-1-600x450.jpg (175 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
oj-simpson-trial-1-600x450.jpg
175 KB, 600x450
>>16962784

Yeah, I should've prolly gone with the LA Riots and OJ Simpson trial, I was thinking Kurt Cobain but thought that was too Gen-X'y, oh well...

http://www.lifecourse.com/about/method/timelines/generations.html
>>
>>16964310
If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit!

God, what a shitshow.
>>
>>16963037
>we
using LOIC isn't an accomplishment

>>16964301
Moot works for Google now and was always an insufferable faggot
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.