[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Losing my hair at 18
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: IMG_20160326_123156092.jpg (702 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160326_123156092.jpg
702 KB, 1280x960
Hey /adv/,
I know this is a superficial matter and maybe it's not worth sharing. But I am 18 and already balding, I do feel angry and it is quite frustrating. I recently got a buzz cut and noticed how my hair is thinning.
What do I do? Should I go for the razor and shave it all of? Should I let it grow and style it so no one can see my headless scalp? Wear a hat? Consult a dermatologist for medication?
Have you been in a similar situation?
>>
Just shave ur head bald, don't prolong that shit.
>>
>>16960692
This. Don't be a faggot about your hair. Just bulk up after cutting it.
>>
>>16960704
This again. Any other advice is wrong.
>>
Doesn't look too bad to me, I think you will be fine at that length for a while.
>>
>>16960663
looks fine m8, nobody is gonna notice that
>>
>>16960692
>>16960704
>>16960710
alright, it is just so annoying that I need to be doing that at my age...
>>16960752
>>16960772
Thx bruvs but i'll go for the bald head.
>>
>>16960663
Just take finesteride and it will stop
>>
>2016
>still no cure for baldness

When will this nightmare end?
>>
If you have the money then get a hair transplant/hair plugs.

If not then work to aquire said money
>>
>>16960663
Go to a doctor first and see if finasteride will work for you. If not then just do what the other guys said
>>
>>16961391
>When will this nightmare end?
When you do research and realize that is has
>>
>23
>My hairline is so short now
>The hair ontop of my head is so thin

I don't like the bald look guys, and I'm chubby (But not fat). I'm like a fucking 4/10. What do I do?
>>
rogaine and finasteride---
saved my shit, at least for now.
>>
>>16961461

If you mean the chemical castration known as finasteride then no thanks. Rogaine is a piece of shit, the moment you stop using the moment your hair falls out again and on top of that it ages you and makes your skin sag horribly. I know for a fact there will be a treatment in my lifetime to solve this shit permanently such as Histogen and Replicel but I am honestly afraid that they will come out too little, too late far after my youth has faded and I'm nothing but a jaded, bitter old man. Fucking genetics.
>>
>>16961570
You're chubby, you couldn't pull off the shaved head if you wanted.
>>
>>16960663
You have about a year before its too bad to pull off
Lose weight now. Do some deadlifts and lift heavy weights to get your weight up. Then cut to 5% bf at the end of the year. Like dont have ass the cut. Fucking cut.
Because the only way youll still look remotely attractive is if your jawline and facial structures are pronounced.
>>
>>16960663
In high school I was "the guy with long hair" and my biggest problem throughout the day was getting my hair caught in my belt buckle while playing guitar. I went completely bald by 20 (am now 25).

Start by buzzing it off without a guard but when it gets really bad, you'll have to shave your head. It sucks OP, but it's who you are and you'll have to learn to own it. Some girls actually like bald dudes though so it's not all bad.

Also, early male pattern baldness is usually caused by high levels of testosterone. If you start working out you can very easily become an alpha fag.
>>
>>16961793 This is me

Also, I tried Rogain. It just made my scalp greasy and hair look even thinner.

The only way to stop your balding is to see a doctor and get plugs which will cost you several thousands of dollars.
>>
>>16961793
i have very low testo and a 3 inch pecker but the jokes on you fag, i gotta full head o lettuce on my melon
>>
File: Fin.jpg (426 KB, 1630x966) Image search: [Google]
Fin.jpg
426 KB, 1630x966
>>16961706
>If you mean the chemical castration known as finasteride then no thanks.

How does it feel having an opinion that rejects all medical evidence in the place of faith? Pic related. They have been testing this stuff heavily since the 80s and have yet to find anything that suggests your claims
>>
>>16961806
Congratulations?
>>
>>16961819

I was on finasteride faggot, and I literally felt dumber with all the brain fog, couldn't focus, my motivation to do anything was down, my dick had less frequent and less harder erections, my cum was all watery, I gained a few pounds and my sex drive was down. Thankfully I stopped before the sides became even more serious and potentially permanent. And hundreds of men report side effects, is the chance low? Yeah but any chance that might fuck me up is not one I'm taking ever again, I want my hair back but not worth losing everything else. Fucking with your hormones if never a good idea. Even if Fin had no sides, it's pretty much fucking useless, all it can do is delay your hair loss for a few years on the crown, it can't do shit for your temples.
>>
>>16961862
this
>>
>>16961862
>I was on finasteride faggot, and I literally felt dumber with all the brain fog, couldn't focus, my motivation to do anything was down, my dick had less frequent and less harder erections, my cum was all watery, I gained a few pounds and my sex drive was down.

Nice placebo effect. Millions take it without any of those effects and the studies done failed to produce the results you talk of.

>Thankfully I stopped before the sides became even more serious and potentially permanent. And hundreds of men report side effects

I challenge you to find the studies that hold these effects to be permanent. Read the pic the chemicals *literally* cannot influence erections.

>And hundreds of men report side effects, is the chance low?

Its more a case of men in their mid to late 50s blaming it on the pills. Notice how that people given placebos only started noticing sexual issues when they were told they could get it whilst people who were not told who were not told experianced no effects? Its literally all in you head.

Ask yourself this, why is this supposedly common issue found in none of the medical literature on this and why does this information contradict our understanding of how the body functions?

> Yeah but any chance that might fuck me up is not one I'm taking ever again, I want my hair back but not worth losing everything else

That parinoia is probably more detrimental to your health than anything in Finesteride.

> Fucking with your hormones if never a good idea. Even if Fin had no sides, it's pretty much fucking useless, all it can do is delay your hair loss for a few years on the crown, it can't do shit for your temples.

I can reduce hairloss by 90% + whilst you take it and can ensure that you can go bald when you choose to rather than being forced to as a kid.

If you wish to go bald voluntarily then that is your choice but there is no need to go around telling lies to others about the chemical and its function.
>>
>>16960790
if you don't want to go bald just have a really short buzz cut
>>
>>16960663
my advice is to not get too torn up about it, sometimes your dealt with shitty cards. shave it or do what ever you want with your hair, just don't get too self concious about it or it'll swallow your confidence.
>>
>>16960663
Get a bald fade (google it) hids the fact your going bald makes it look like you want a short hair cut
>>
>>16961899
Yeah, you need studies to guess that messing up with male hormones can lead to sexual problems.
If finasteride can't be the cause of ED, why almost all dutasteride users experience it?
They work the same.
All propeciahelp users are all on nocebo effect? I think science just did not want to be culprit of all sexual sides of fin.
I'm not into conspiracy theory, but IMHO science doesn't know the causes of mpb.
They found DHT and never thought that it could be something else too. Fin is a remedy for hair loss that was found not intentionally; science doesn't know why Minox works (LOL) and Nizoral is an anti-dandruff shampoo. See? No cure specifically designed to mpb.
>>
>>16962182
>Yeah, you need studies to guess that messing up with male hormones can lead to sexual problems.

You are grossly oversimplifying how the body functions.

>If finasteride can't be the cause of ED, why almost all dutasteride users experience it?

Ill have to look into it more, though from a quick google it does look like duta is less selective when it comes to its chemical blocking. Do you have any good links on the matter?

>All propeciahelp users are all on nocebo effect? I think science just did not want to be culprit of all sexual sides of fin.

No, but the effects being permanent certainly seem to be that way. What I find to be the issue is that such simply telling people that seems to have a significant increase in it occurring to the point where it is almost the same as the people who took the drug.

Where it simply a chemical issue you wouldnt see this kind of issue.

>I'm not into conspiracy theory, but IMHO science doesn't know the causes of mpb.
They found DHT and never thought that it could be something else too. Fin is a remedy for hair loss that was found not intentionally; science doesn't know why Minox works (LOL) and Nizoral is an anti-dandruff shampoo. See? No cure specifically designed to mpb.

I think they understand what cases it well these days (and remember penicillin was also discovered by accident) HOWEVER where you get the bullshit and crazyness is when it comes to actually regrowing hair rather than stopping it from falling out.

Likewise when it comes to sexual issues which are uniquely vulnerable to mental states you create situations where people have a vested interest in blaming the drug.

But yeah if the OP wanted to grow back hair hed lost then I would certainly recommend a lot of caution
>>
>>16961706
>it ages you and makes your skin sag horribly
if it does and this is not broscience then it has been unnoticeable on my face:)
Been using it 5 months
>>
File: BROTHER.png (158 KB, 400x298) Image search: [Google]
BROTHER.png
158 KB, 400x298
Grow a skullet, bruhtherrrrrr!
>>
>>16961570

Same here

No chin either

I guess our only option is bulk up so we dont get fucked with

In my case I need a chin implant too
>>
>>16960663
Isn't there some trick of using an avacado plus banana hair mask? sure I've seen it in a movie.
>>
Often our bodies will tell us that we are doing something wrong. For example if you put your hand in a fire, it will hurt, telling you not to put your hand in fire. Thinning hair is no different, it's a sign from your body. You can choose to listen or ignore, having a thick full head of hair isn't necessary. Cry, or do something about it.

Men with thinning hair often have low self esteem, which can lead to many future health problems, so i'm sure you'll agree that the medical establishment stands nothing to gain by telling you how to cure your problem, not when they can just sit back and wait for you to become a regular patient. Depression, anxiety, alcoholism, the potential medical treatment incomes are limitless for ailments brought on by your suffering.
Asking a doctor to cure you of this, would be futile indeed.
And so you may be asking yourself where then am I to turn if not to the doctors I have so entrusted my health unto? What message is my body trying to convey? What am I doing or not doing that is causing this to happen to me?

Had you lost in finger in a wood shop, it might be more obvious, stay out of wood shops, but you didn't lose a finger, you're losing hair.

If I didn't feed my cat, I would understand why it was not growing, am I not feeding my hair? What do hairs even eat?

If I poison my lawn, grass doesn't grow.
Could I be poisoning my hair?

My sweat shrunk when I washed it.
Could it be that I didn't follow the instructions on the hair care label?

Why is this happening to me? Other men somewhere in the world are not losing their hair. Where are they living that I am not, and why would that matter?

If you've fed and cared for your pet, and given it a good home, then why is it not all fluffy and happy?

These are the things you should be asking yourself.
>>
>>16963004
What the hell are you trying to convey?
>>
>>16961806
Nice
>>
>>16960663
Just shave it all off or it will make you look a lot older.
>>
>>16963004
As long as you discount everything this guy says, everything will be okay.
>>
Finasteride works fine for me.

Really should have started sooner.. gotta pay $8k for a transplant to fix the damage from being about a pussy about it now. Going to see the doctor next weekend.
>>
>>16963316
I think he's trying to say that if you're balding, you have only yourself to blame.

Which of course flies in the face of everything we know about MPB.
>>
Why is balding even a thing? How can evolution be so cruel? What purpose does it bring and why wasn't it eliminated through natural selection?
You know what's worst than balding? It's going bald and being unable to grow facial hair beyond a light pedostache. It is absolute hell. Suicide worthy material there.
>>
>>16963004

This guy has a point and you should listen to him. My hair's been shedding like crazy the past two and a half years to the point where my crown is mostly thinned, with diffuse thinning across the top and sides. This confused the hell out of me because no one on either side of my family has noticeable hair loss. What didn't occur to me was that my absolutely horrendous diet (fast food and alcohol every day) and lack of physical activity may have been contributing to it. So I went to my dermatologist last month to ask what was up, and she said I had telogen effluvium and psoriasis which was making my hair thin out so much. When I told her about my lifestyle and diet she said those were definitely what were triggering it. She told me to take biotin and Rogaine for a year to get what I've lost back, but that from now on I need to get more exercise, completely cut out junk food and alcohol from my diet, and start using conditioner after washing my hair.
>>
>>16963830

Though for good measure, I should also add that I *was* also diagnosed with MPB. My dermatologist just said it was a very mild case by itself and that it was the TE and psoriasis that were what were exacerbating it to the point of it being noticeable. My main point is that you can substantially slow balding down through proper lifestyle changes, which is something I rarely see acknowledged in these discussions.
>>
long story short:

you're not a victim of genetics
longer hair is healthier
alcohol doesn't do you any favors
vitamins are your friend
quit using harsh chemicals on your scalp
stop washing your hair so fucking much
>>
File: ro.png (244 KB, 337x305) Image search: [Google]
ro.png
244 KB, 337x305
>>16963830
>Rogaine
>>
Protips:

Take Biotin supplements daily.

Scratch your scalp if it's itchy. It increases blood flow.

Stop shampooing so often. Get a cowash or a good conditioner you can use as a cowash and use that daily. Massage your scalp vigorously for five minutes in the shower before rinsing it out. I use the trader joe's tea tree tingle conditioner as a cowash.

Drink less alcohol, exercise more.

Baldness is usually caused by dry scalp, not enough blood flow into the scalp, and poor diet/malnutrition.
>>
File: McReceding.jpg (33 KB, 316x205) Image search: [Google]
McReceding.jpg
33 KB, 316x205
>>16964083
>poor diet/malnutrition.

this can't be a coincidence
>>
File: biotin-rich-foods-carrots.jpg (65 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
biotin-rich-foods-carrots.jpg
65 KB, 620x350
>>16964083
>Take Biotin supplements daily.

or you could just eat Biotin rich foods
>>
File: acidic.png (8 KB, 531x103) Image search: [Google]
acidic.png
8 KB, 531x103
i'll just leave this here.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH2l8amKdcg
>>
>>16964268
>doesn't elaborate on what each type of food does or at least which one you want to stick to
good job you fucking retard, sick knowledge bomb you just dropped on us. that was a hella swag post man
>>
Ted is vegan
Ted doesn't use drugs
Ted doesn't drink alcohol
Ted has hair
Ted is great in bed
Ted is fit
Ted is happy
Ted has a girlfriend
Be like Ted

Bill eats meat, dairy, wheat, sugar, processed foods, and high fructose corn syrup
Bill smokes weed
Bill is an alcoholic
Bill is balding, and pays a fortune for hair plugs
Bill has erectile dysfunction
Bill is obese, and farts a lot
Bill is unhappy, depressed, and has anxiety attacks
Bill has no gf, uses prostitutes, and probably has sexually transmitted diseases
Don't be like Bill
>>
>>16964458
>here are two people
>now I will list traits that are completely independent from each other
le wow face
>>
>>16960663

When it all falls out get a fucking hair transplant and get over it. Most women don't like bald men, and few can pull off the look well. Bald at 18? Yeah, if you're a virgin it's going to probably stay that way too.
>>
>>16964465
Hi Bill
>>
File: 1457624721854.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1457624721854.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>>16960663

>mfw 26 and have more hair than that

Holy shit I dodged a huge genetic bullet.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.