[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do I need to do to get into a good law school? I got accepted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: sl.jpg (147 KB, 700x522) Image search: [Google]
sl.jpg
147 KB, 700x522
What do I need to do to get into a good law school? I got accepted into the university I wanted and now I have to focus these four years in polishing my resume. What clubs/associations should I join? How should I spend my free time? What impresses good law schools?

Btw, I'm doing a double major in Political Science and Journalism, if that helps with any advice
>>
>>16960474
1. Good grades
2. Relevant clubs (politics, debating, newspaper)
3. Social work - tutoring inner city kids and the like
4. Good grades.
>>
Lawyer here. First thing's first: why do you want to go to law school? Only go to law school if you want to be a lawyer and know what being a lawyer means. Fortunately, the best way to figure out whether law school is right for you is also the best way of preparing your resume for law school. Go work for a law office. It could be a paying legal assistant gig with a solo lawyer or a firm, or a volunteer gig at a legal aid office or public defender office or prosecutor's office.

As far as clubs go, I don't think it matters which clubs you join but you definitely need to obtain leadership positions within those clubs.

Then, study hard for the LSAT. Get the Powerscore Games book and buy EVERY SINGLE released LSAT -- most come in books of ten or so, but the most recent can be found individually (sometimes only in PDF). Study for the LSAT like a job -- it will be worth $$$$ in scholarships. For me, my LSAT study was worth about $90,000 in scholarships.
>>
Oh, I want to add that you should take business courses and accounting courses. If you can start a business, that would be excellent.
>>
>>16960988
I want to go to law school and focus in international law. I think a volunteer gig would be most probable in my case. How early should I study for the LSAT? And should I still take those business courses if I'm not focusing on corporate law?
>>
how early into my 4 years in college*
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.