[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Being brave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1456445577110.jpg (763 KB, 2560x1598) Image search: [Google]
1456445577110.jpg
763 KB, 2560x1598
How do I not fear death.
I understand that there comes a time when everyone must die, but the idea of not being alive, not sleeping, not thinking, not being conscious forever scares me. It makes me sick to think that I won't experience everything I could have, and that one day I cannot experience anything.
It freaks me and I sincerely wish I am born in the time when imortality becomes real, or at least a form of it.

But that's something of a dream. Now please tell me.
How do I not fear dying, so I may live for what matters. If I don't fear death, then maybe I could be brave...
>>
You have to understand life would be meaningless without death, just as warmth would have no worth if it was never cold.
We all need a purpose to drive us onward, and the purpose is knowing that we only have a limited time. Think about it, anon, if you could actually live forever, what would anything be worth? No need to enjoy life, you can do that later, no need to work, you can do that later, no need to have experiences, you can do that later.
The very beauty of life is that you only get to experience it for ~70 years (plus infancy and Dementia). Without that deadline steadily and inevitably approaching, you wouldn't need to make it count.
>>
I used to have the same fear and it persists for quite a while but after life beats you down over and over and over again you start to almost be happy that one day you won't have to do any of this any more. I know that's probably not what you want to hear. Also the fact that you're going to die someday makes everything in life truly beautiful. We're like flowers that blossom bloom and whither. Just the fact that you can perceive your own conciousness is amazing. Live every day like you're a dying man. Chase your dreams. The more you dwell on your inevitable end the more you will just ruin your experience here.
>>
>>16959723
>Being brave
>not fearing death
??

Fearing death is the bravest thing you can do. Only by acknowledging your own temporariness can you make the best out of the time you have been given.
>>
There are two things that make me fear death less. One is that we are not alone with the fear of death or death itself and so if anything might be there after it, we wouldn't be alone either. The other one is that during our lifetime we have a considerable influence on the world and like this, it won't necessarily be as if we never had existed. We just have to think about what we want to achieve in our life.
>>
>>16959744 cont.
However, you may also want to look into the modus operandi of 'leaving a legacy'. Just be sure it's a good legacy, i.e. arts, or scientific contribution.
>>
File: 1449990686229.jpg (955 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1449990686229.jpg
955 KB, 1680x1050
Op here. Thank you for the responses, I know this sort of question isn't top priority compared to the real problems people have.
I know that time is limited, and I'm thankful I'm still young enough before I start dying and getting into the territory of "I could've". The idea... Just dying.. I never want that to happen to me. But you tell me reason we live is because we're going to die. And that's a beautiful way of thinking of it.
I do plan on leaving my mark, mostly on a personal level. I do draw, and want to leave art for others to see later, maybe as an animator but I'm still shit. And I want to be able to sleep with my ldr girlfriend- physically, not in a sexual way,the idea of having her close to my heart comforts me. I will figure things out eventually, but I think it's still good that I'm young and thinking about this. I'll help people on the personal level . I think I'll have that as a mark I'll leave..
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.