[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have an "actually more than a" friend who lives and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: image%3A396801.jpg (49 KB, 640x674) Image search: [Google]
image%3A396801.jpg
49 KB, 640x674
Have an "actually more than a" friend who lives and studies far away. I am a girl and he is an attractive college freshman. There is no point in asking him out, is it?
>>
>>16959479
Nope, long distance relationships never work.

Your doubts are well founded and based in reality. You would ruin whatever you have by trying and failing to make it into a real relationship.
>>
>>16959479
How far, how long until you'll get nearer?
Long distance can work, but usually it does for already established couples that have to temporarily separate for logistical reasons, like jobs or family emergencies.
But that's just a temporary situation.
>>
>Wanting to cuck a man who lives thousands or miles away
We all know you're just gunna get frustrated and go fuck somebody else, or the relationship will fall apart and you'll go fuck somebody else.

Don't be a cunt, OP. Date local.
>>
>>16959498
We can meet each other on holidays 2-3 times a year. This time sums to about two months.
Were friends for quite a lot, but never brought up deeper feelings.
>>
>>16959505
I'm disgustingly self-conscious about the sex thing, and the thought of losing virginity to a person I don't trust enough makes me vomit.
And he is having trust issues too, but a guy who says "i have a ldr with a girl I've never slept is" won't be taken seriously by peers, right?
>>
File: 1354675666730.png (160 KB, 289x280) Image search: [Google]
1354675666730.png
160 KB, 289x280
>>16959498
>Long distance can work

Please don't peddle this garbage. Long distance ONLY works if it is temporary, takes place between two adults who are sufficient mature (i.e. 25+), has been discussed between the two, and is the direct result of something neither can change (i.e. military deployment).

Unless OP is already married to the guy and he is in the military, or she is a traveling business woman to whom he is married... this shit isn't going to work out.

You are just setting this poor girl up to fail by deceiving her about this. This girl should be spending time trying to emotionally mature and make connections with real people whom she interacts with often. Engaging in a LDR as a teenager or young adult simply stunts your emotional growth, and that kind of damage takes year to repair.
>>
>>16959528
Had similar situation as OP. Got almost insane from pining over him, and stopped talking altogether as an immature jerk.
But seriously, how do you save friendship then?
Do you have to hide your affection forever or say cringeworthy shit like: "i like you really much, but it won't work out because distance, so let's be friends?"
It sounds so friendzony.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.